W4WLZ Joe items not as described - Not good to deal with

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9FBI

W4WLZ Joe items not as described - Not good to deal with

Post by K9FBI »

Saw this antenna kit listed by Joe W4WLZ

Unidilla W2DU antenna

from 80M through 10M, this antenna is based on the 80/40M trap dipole design found in the ARRL Handbook. The W2AU balun is used with a pair of 40M traps to create a multiband dipole antenna capable of operating on 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters. It is approximately 110 feet in length and provides a relatively low SWR on these bands. I am wanting $xx plus shipping Call Joe 904-962-9007

When it arrived I noticed the traps were for 60 meters and the dipole kit did not have a center insulator/balun.
I emailed him to ask how can a 80/40 trap dipole have 60 m traps and his reply was
"The 5.230 with the length of wire make 40 meters.. Figure it out first..."

I emailed him back showing him the link to the Unadilla website where he got his description from and his reply was "it came as a kit and all you have to do is put it together, and hang it." I told him the kit was not as described and did not even have a center insulator/balun. He listed the W2AU balun and sent a W2DU inline balun.
(Not part of the Unadilla kit)

When I told him I wanted to return it he stopped replying to my emails.
I will never buy from this person again.
N6VMO

Re: W4WLZ Joe items not as described - Not good to deal wit

Post by N6VMO »

K9FBI wrote:Saw this antenna kit listed by Joe W4WLZ

When it arrived I noticed the traps were for 60 meters and the dipole kit did not have a center insulator/balun.
I emailed him to ask how can a 80/40 trap dipole have 60 m traps and his reply was
"The 5.230 with the length of wire make 40 meters.. Figure it out first..."

When I told him I wanted to return it he stopped replying to my emails.
I will never buy from this person again.
I think he uses this formula:
:lol: