WHATS THE DEAL WITH AOL.COM & QTH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4PIG

WHATS THE DEAL WITH AOL.COM & QTH

Post by W4PIG »

can someone tell me what the deal is with aol.com and qth web site. 73s
N8ERM

The deal with AOL is:

Post by N8ERM »

ANNOUNCE - NOTICE: To AOL.com Users
AOL has decided to block emails that come from our Classified Ad site. They claim that there is nothing we can do about it, except to wait 24 hours and MAYBE they will stop blocking (or not).
ADVICE: If you use an AOL.com email address, and expect to receive email from our Classified Ad system (i.e. to see responses to your ads) then you better edit your ad and use a different email address. Use your free email forwarder from arrl.net, or get one from qsl.net.
73 - Scott KA9FOX

Listing #867256 - Submitted on 11/09/10 by Callsign KA9FOX, Modified on 11/09/10
Click Here to Email -- Click Here to View Picture -- Send this Ad to a Friend

RADIOHF - Trade FT-847 and Icom 706MK2G
WA5JAV

AOL

Post by WA5JAV »

Just drop AOL and hire a more friendly ISP without all the AOL pop-up garbage.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Is not yahoo and AOL the same company now?
Larry Huff K0pd
wa4wip

AOL email?

Post by wa4wip »

Has anything changed that AOL now permits replies from QTH.com ads or what is going on? Dick WA4WIP
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

i have not had any trouble so far with aol. 73s
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

We used to call it AOHell...but that was in the early 1990s. Hopefully, AOL has changed since then........... I wonder if there still is such a thing as an AOL Keyword?
Steve - KA9MOT