a.edward547@technologist.com Scammer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ns5u

a.edward547@technologist.com Scammer

Post by ns5u »

This is the email of someone performing the "certified funds" scam. I received it today and it suspiciously didn't come via QTH.COM email system. Copy of messages follows.

Thanks for the response,im as well interested in the Battery box and carry Strap..Kindly get back to me asap with your asking price for the items and also attach more pics as i wouldn't be coming over to see it...Just to let you know the payment for the item will be in form of US Certified Cashier's Check which shall be issued out to you by my debtor and to be delivered to your residence via the courier service.You can rely on me with the tracking number as soon as i receive it from my debtor so you can confirm that the payment had been sent and as well know the exact time the payment will get to you.

Therefore,if you are satisfy with this mode of payment,Kindly get back to me asap with your full name,address,a cell phone number and your final asking price for the item so i can issue out the payment to you in time.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
To: a.edward547@technologist.com
Sent: Sat, Nov 6, 2010 10:15 am
Subject: Re: FT-290R MKII Accessories

I mispoke. The antenna is sold but the battery box and carry strap are still available.

Jim

On 11/6/10 4:27 AM, a.edward547@technologist.com wrote:
> Dear Seller ,
>
> Im interested in the item above placed on QRZ.com kindly get back to me
> asap if its still available...Also i will be glad if you can attach
> present pics of the item so i can take a closer view at it.
>
> Regards.
>
>
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

Good Update for the board.
73 -

W1JCW
John