Post Removed

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k2dmg

Post Removed

Post by k2dmg »

Post Removed
Last edited by k2dmg on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't know of anyone that will "eat" shipping charges for returns. If you pay for the shipping in both directions, then you can get a full refund for the price paid less the shipping that you have already paid. You paid for a service (shipping) that you received. That is standard business practice in both mail order and internet business. With the margins available, eating the shipping charges would almost surely result in a loss position when sold again. It sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Many places also charge "restocking" fees that can be significant percentages of the original purchase. I would be thrilled to get my money back, less shipping -- particularly if it was my error. If the merchandise is defective, then there is a different case. Or, if I call and cancel an order I don't expect to pay for shipping that doesn't happen.
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

Dan:

Some companies have a restocking fee intended to cover expenses incurred in handling returned goods..

Put yourself "on the other side of the fence" so to speak.. For the sake of this discussion, let's say you have a large, expensive, and relatively heavy item for sale. You sell this item to someone and ship it to them.. A short time later, this person contacts you. He comes up with this story that the item is too big and impractical for his use. He asks for a 100% refund, including shipping... Would you be willing to eat the shipping too?

Before asking someone, a business or otherwise, to bend over backwards to accomodate you, place yourself in their shoes and ask yourself would you be willing to do what you are about to ask them to do...

KM5FL
N2LM

Post by N2LM »

Dan,
I just read their policy and it's stated clearly.

"...If for any other reason you do not want to keep a product you have purchased from us you may return it within 15 days of receipt for a full refund of the items purchase price. In such cases the customer will pay the cost of both the original and return shipping."

You should just drop it and let it go.

Pete N2LM
N4YFX

Post by N4YFX »

Just for the record I would like it known that it was not I Dan spoke with when he called about returning the antenna. When the e-mail he has posted here was brought to my attention I did respond and told him that we would take the antenna back and give him the refund he had demanded since it was the policy when he had purchased the antenna. It's saddening that he hasn't come back to update this story with these facts and that there isn't a way for forums such as these to always get both sides.

The change in policy had nothing to do with him individually, I knew nothing of his call when the changes were made. But were the necessary result of a overburden of unreimbursed shipping and other costs due to the willingness of some to have others pay for what they have done. The former policy was being taken advantage of. Leaving us to pay the original shipping cost and collect many antennas that were in perfect working condition, but could no longer be sold as new because they had been assembled, disassembled and then returned. We could no longer continue to suffer these losses and remain viable. I'm sorry that it had to happen, but I hope most can understand our position.

Tim

Antenna Warehouse
812 South Washington Blvd.
Camanche, Iowa 52730
563-259-0840 M-F 9am-5pm (Central time)
http://www.antennawarehouse.com
sales@antennawarehouse.com
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

N4YFX wrote:It's saddening that he hasn't come back to update this story with these facts and that there isn't a way for forums such as these to always get both sides.
Tim, you were able to post your side on Feedback Forum so we do know both side of this story. After reading Feedback Forum, I would not hesitate to do business with Antenna Warehouse.

I looked at the 6m antenna on your web site and did not see any dimensions. Perhaps if KC2HXB knew the boom and element length and the turning radius this error may not have occurred.

You company does have a very generous return policy and personally I would have been happy if you simply refunded the full antenna price if it was my error. However if your policy at the time he ordered stated you would also return the frieght charge, then you should have done that also.

John
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Tim, it is awesome you would take the antenna back, even though there was nothing wrong with it and you did nothing wrong. His expectation that you should refund him the shipping charge is outrageous... whether it was left out of your policy or not.

I was very impressed with your professional response. I don't think I could have been so nice to someone trying to take advantage of me like that, and especially for making such negative comments here on the Internet.

I'm glad you have updated your policy to reflect the change in shipping reimbursement... but where has good old common sense gone? I suppose this is why McDonald's has to tell everyone that their coffee is hot. :(

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
AB8RU

Thanks Tim

Post by AB8RU »

This shows that you are a true businessman coming here to at least be a problem solver, by the way I took a quick tour of your site I noted the Giant AM Antenna you have that was once a kcahS oidaR item :lol:

also Tim Plannet Feedback dot com may be also a place to check into to help with you Customer Service, I have a 800 number that is public for my Employer and Client , any thing good or bad needs to be recorded, I will hear about it. mostly good.

I think the other person has no clue to retailing, BTW I know if someone did $XXXXX.00 amout of business you probably would go the extra mile. and I heard some would qualify for a Customer who would rather treat you like dirt thinking always right.

Keep up the good work its all in the Name of GR8 Customer Service.

Mark A. Holman AB8RU, CRO
Assoc. Member SBE
kc0cf

Dan Gitro - Wouldn't Deal with him period!

Post by kc0cf »

Thank goodness for this form, I have dealt with the antenna mart, as it is a short distance from me, best guys to do business with ever.
Michael Larson KC0CF
w3nrl

ok by me

Post by w3nrl »

i have bought antennas from Tim in the past and continue to do so
i have spoken to him over the concerning my needs for a dual bander and without delay Tim has come across to full fill the need and in record time with a discount.
For myself i have had no problems with Tim or his company.
Tim good doing business with you.

73 de w3nrl

As for the gentleman who wanted the shipping charges, well i would gotten what Tim's company offered minus the shipping charges for (your) mistake,
be glad he didn't charge restocking fees too.
Best of 73
de w3nrl
nick