K9RLB ... BEWARE ... SAFE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kp4bpr

K9RLB ... BEWARE ... SAFE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

Post by kp4bpr »

I will remove or modify this posting if this individual comes forward and reconciles the issue. SENT ME MY MONEY BACK!

I don’t know what kind of person is this guy, but this person sold me a Bird Peak Kit “BRAND NEW” in not working condition. Here copy of the ad in qth.com over month ago:

"BIRD 43 - REAL PEAK KIT
I have for sale one new peak kit for a bird 43 meter - this is the real BIRD kit, not a cheaper knock off - the real peak reading upgrade for you Bird 43, brand new!
Now, the best part, $125 ships it to your door!
Thats $50 less than the lowest price on ebay for the REAL DEAL!
Don't settle for a knock off, you won't be happy, get the real peak Kit! A real BIRD brand peak reading kit for your REAL BIRD 43 meter!
USA only please!
Listing #844419 - Submitted on 08/04/10 by Callsign K9RLB,"

The Peak Kit came in NOT WORKING CONDITION, in old plastic bags. Nothing new. I sent a lot of email to this guy, but he never respond me. In the last email that I sent him I requested my money back, and after a month I still waiting. Buyers BEWARE with this person. Do not buy from this guy because is not honest. SAFE YOUR MONEY. Is really easy to get money from another ham sending junk! BEWARE HAMS!
:x [/b]
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Hmmmm....Many years ago I bought several Heathkit (kits) not a darn one of them worked until I built them. Fortunately AFTER I built them they worked, however I knew many hams who built the kits and they didn't work because they made a wiring error or burned up a part with too much heat or something but usually it was "pilot error". What's the story with your "kit"?
donate life
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Just curious have you put the kit together yet?
Larry Huff K0pd
N8ERM

A kit it is

Post by N8ERM »

It's a remove the two wires from the meter movement, bolt the kit to the meter movement. attach the two wires to the kit, install the battery's and your good to go. About as quick as tuning one of Lou's fine King conversions. Never seen a Bird peak kit or a King Conversions amp that didn't work, they are the same quality.
Terry N8ERM
W4AIN

Re: K9RLB ... BEWARE ... SAFE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

Post by W4AIN »

kp4bpr wrote:The Peak Kit came in NOT WORKING CONDITION, in old plastic bags. Nothing new. I sent a lot of email to this guy, but he never respond me. In the last email that I sent him I requested my money back, and after a month I still waiting.
I think the issue here is that the buyer didn't get what was advertised. Sounds like a flagrant misrepresentation on the sellers part. Looks like the seller would at least answer emails concerning the item in question.

Nelson, I hope you do get this resolved to your satisfaction.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

The problem here seems to be that the item was listed as brand new and may be defective.

The problem is also that the buyer, believed the item was brand new..

So what we have here is the possibility the seller bought it 33.3 years ago, it sat on a shelf and was never used. This would be a purchased but never used item.

The seller saw new, and thought he was buying something that was bright, shiny and NEW!

So it is possible that the thing is broken and the seller didn't know. It is also possible the buyer broke it.

2 things are OBVIOUS.

1. It is not NEW unless you buy it from the STORE

2. Seller and buyer both need to work on their communication.

I see allot of mistakes, but I see no dishonesty. Unless, it was not unused.

JMHO
Steve - KA9MOT