"R&L ELECTRONICS" YOU DECIDE ?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4RYR

"R&L ELECTRONICS" YOU DECIDE ?

Post by K4RYR »

Following is my personal experience in doing business with R&L Electronics and my misfortune, read it and draw your own conclusions!!

On 9/02/10 I called to check on the stock status of the MFJ994B AutoTuner and was told that the only one in stock was a demo unit and that they would discount if further and still warranty it like it was new. So trusting them I made the purchase via on line ordering. A few days later I received the unit and immediately upon unpacking the unit I noticed that the rear connections were not accessable via the cutouts in the chassis the is provided to connecting to them. Upon further inspection I noticed that all 7 of the 4-40 screws that hold the entire PC board in the chassis were missing and the board was basically only being held in by the SO239 internal connections. So being the good sport that I am I purchased the 4-40 screws and installed them, which automatiocally alligned the PC board correctly. Then guess what!!! The unit did not work!!! So I notified R&L via e-mail of the problem and was told to send it back for full credit.

After they received the unit back I waited and waited to hear from them regarding my purchase price refund + what it cost me out of pocket to return a unit that was knowingly shipped out defective. Nothing heard...no response to my e-mail I then called them on the phone. It was my misfortune to talk to "Roger" (who I guess is the "R" in R&L. He was very short with me over the phone and continously talked over me. He indicated the he would not refund the $$$ I spent out of pocket for shipping the unit back and the he basically thought I was a liar and that he and his people are the "perfect people" and don't make mistakes like shipping out a product that was unusable!

I found him to be very, very condesending and obviously a "legend in his own mind" !!! So far I have not seed the refund show up less the shipping charges.

I would suggest you think long and hard about doing business with an organization that thinks they never make a mistake!! Seems like you as the buyer will be out the funds it cost to return anything you buy from these guys!
N9LCD

THE NEXT TIME...

Post by N9LCD »

The next time, try this one:

"True, you do not mistakes. But your father did and I'm speaking to it."

It gets 'em every time!!

N9LCD

idea:
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

N9LCD i've got to remember that one...As for R&L i bought one of Pal Stars first Tuners when Pal Star went into business from R&L and the service was great as i remember. But i suspect with the economy the way it is there not doing real good and sounds like it by there attitude as told by K4RYR. Of course we all have bad days but that type of attitude by R&L is inexcusable.
Larry Huff K0pd
WV4I

positive experiences with R&L

Post by WV4I »

All my transactions with R&L over the years have been positive, from minor items to big ticket amps and radios.

Link, WV4I

K4RYR

Re: positive experiences with R&L

Post by K4RYR »

WV4I wrote:All my transactions with R&L over the years have been positive, from minor items to big ticket amps and radios.

Link, WV4I

I am sure they have.....as long as you don't ever have to return anything to them, that's when you get insulted and called a liar by Roger.
KN4N

R&L electronics

Post by KN4N »

Well, here is my input to R&L. A couple years back, I needed an item in a hurry for a project, so I ordered COD (cash on delivery). When it arrived via UPS, the driver said he did not take cash, but would take a money order, and he would bring it back next day. So I have a money order, made out to R&L next day....driver said MO had to be made out to UPS, he would return with item next day. After paying a COD charge, I received my item, but it would have arrived in the same number of days as if shipped reg ground. I called R&L and asked them why did they not give me proper instructions on COD payment (remember what COD means) in that the payment had to be made out to UPS and the fellow was a real smarty with me. won't go into that, but that was my last buy from them, but UPS driver also should have informed me the first time how the COD system works also.