KE5FKF - Tracy Griffin - CAUTION: Spammer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4LTD

KE5FKF - Tracy Griffin - CAUTION: Spammer

Post by W4LTD »

I just got through sending an inquiry via QTH.com's classified section and shortly thereafter I received an e-mail from this person. It was a link to a pharmacy website:

ke5fkf@aol.com to chuck.brown, cleophus, cnevitt, cobra1111, cobraman097, collins-admins, collins-request, me, copclyde44, cosmophone

show details 9:33 PM (1 hour ago)

http://www.wju2.ssdrugs.com

This was blocked by my firewall, thankfully! After looking her {or him) up,
this is what I found:

KE5FKF - TRACY GRIFFIN

General Class

Previous Class: Technician Class
License Status: Canceled
Granted Date: 07/15/2005
Expire Date: 07/15/2015
Cancellation Date: 11/14/2006
Effective Date: 07/20/2006
Last Action Date: 11/14/2006

I thought it might be helpful to spread the word about this event...
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Probably he has something Nasty on his computer. In fact, Instead of accusing him of being a spammer maybe you should have sent him an email and let him know he had a problem.

Secondly, these boards are s'posed to be for people who are making deals, good and bad. If every inexperienced computer user posts a review because he had received spam in his inbox, there would be no QTH.com. They couldn't afford the bandwidth.

My buddy Rod KC9NMX sent me one of these just the other day. I would have called him and let him know, but Rod died in February. Instead I called his wife and they had his email accounts closed.
Steve - KA9MOT
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

After re-reading you post, I noticed that this Ham license has been cancelled 5 years before it's expiration..... Just like my buddy Rod. I'll bet the guy is SK
Steve - KA9MOT
k2cd

Post by k2cd »

Callsign was changed to W5TMG on 2006-11-14 which is why it appears canceled. I don't think the spam was intentional. A few years ago my email address was spoofed by spammers leading to a bunch of nasty emails from the unfortunate recipients.

73, K2CD
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

k2cd wrote:Callsign was changed to W5TMG on 2006-11-14 which is why it appears canceled. I don't think the spam was intentional. A few years ago my email address was spoofed by spammers leading to a bunch of nasty emails from the unfortunate recipients.

73, K2CD
Which reminds me, make your informative email, informative and not nasty!
Steve - KA9MOT