Ray Dobson - joerbn72@googlemail.com

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W1CTN

Ray Dobson - joerbn72@googlemail.com

Post by W1CTN »

To all:
Lately I have been doing some selling on this group and I have had good feelings about all the transactions...up to this point

The aforementioned indivdual, and the last message he has sent me has given me a "gut" feeling that he is a scammer.

I may be wrong, but look twice if you get an email from him.

If I am wrong, I apoligize, but my feelings tell me different.

Dave
W1CTN
Radio Ansonia
w1ctn@yahoo.com
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Is it possible to copy his E Mail and put it on here so we can see what your talking about.....
Larry Huff K0pd
N8ERM

Your question.

Post by N8ERM »

If he is not a ham and/or does not have lots of good feedback insist he sends the gear for you to check out before payment. I do this all the time. If he is not willing avoid the deal.
Hope this helps,
Terry N8ERM
KD8HAV

Post by KD8HAV »

Larry Dobson aka Joe Robbin. Both are scams.

KD8HAV
K9XR

Re: Your question.

Post by K9XR »

I think he's SELLING, not buying, so yes, he should make sure the payment clears and don't give him any "change" back.
N8ERM wrote:If he is not a ham and/or does not have lots of good feedback insist he sends the gear for you to check out before payment. I do this all the time. If he is not willing avoid the deal.
Hope this helps,
Terry N8ERM