N3QPC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Gregory Scott

N3QPC

Post by Gregory Scott »

TO: Ron Miller n3qpc

Ron,

It has been 36 days since payment was sent and acknowledged for the Drake SW-4A. Return $115.00 by US postal money order. I'm filing form 6401 Tuesday June 1.
k3ich

How many times can you sell one radio?

Post by k3ich »

Looks like ole Ronnie Miller has quite a scam going on here since I too sent him $100 on 26 APR 04 for what would appear to be the same radio. For now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest maybe he has more than one to sell. (but we all know that's rather unlikely.) He did contact me a while ago with some hard-times story and I said I'd wait for him to ship it, but so far, nothing. Hope we ALL get our money back. If not, that's what Sheriffs are for, :evil: right?
Charlie k3ICH
Gregory Scott

It's heeeeeeeere....

Post by Gregory Scott »

Drake SW-4A arrived 6/2 postmarked 5/24.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

I see you joined the QTH "club" on 5/25 and the item was shipped on the 24th. Just think what could have happened if you had signed up a couple of weeks earlier! It might have shipped before you even paid for it.
Gregory Scott

Hmmmmmm.....

Post by Gregory Scott »

On the surface a cleverly facetious response, but a momentary lapse into lucidity reveals the arguments flaw. Reading the entire post topic and threads might help also.
k3ich

Ron is "OK"

Post by k3ich »

Well, I have to set the record straight. I did in fact, receive a full refund from Ron Miller, so I'll have to admit he's NOT a crook after all. BUT, you have to admit, when you hear of someone ELSE complaining about non receipt of the exact same equipment that you had previously sent payment for, doesn't that suggest that all's not quite right? Several other related facts add to the mystery too. For one, I agreed on a price that was less than the next buyer who sent his money after I did. Both buyers got different stories as to why it wasn't shipped. Weird isn't it? Oh well, he got the radio (better offer???) and I got my money back.