K7VS IS NOT A FAIRPERSON TO DEAL WITH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kw4h

Re: k7vs

Post by kw4h »

NY7Q wrote:What ever happened to "an egg in hand is worth 2 in the bush?"
He notified the prospective buy across the country that a local came into the picture and paid for the item.....so.......what's up???
He did nothing wrong.
He sold his item.
He notified the other person
So,,,, what's the fuss????
You guys have too much time on the books in my opinion.
To be fair, we haven't heard K7VS's side of the story, but taken on face value it appears that a mail-order buyer got kicked to the curb because someone local popped up and it was easier and faster to just sell the item locally. I can understand that -- it's messy and time-consuming to pack something up for shipment and get it to the post office. But if K7VS first agreed to accept money from a mail-order buyer, his first obligation from an ethical perspective is to complete that transaction as agreed, unless the buyer backs out or doesn't pay on a timely basis. I'm no fan of eBay, but if K7VS were to do this on eBay he'd get seriously blasted.

73 de KW4H
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

KW4H , K7VS did give his side of the story,it's all in caps...
Larry Huff K0pd
kw4h

Post by kw4h »

K0pd wrote:KW4H , K7VS did give his side of the story,it's all in caps...
You're right -- I didn't see his side. After reading K7VS's side, I have to agree that it was inappropriate to sell the radio out from under the mail-order purchaser. Someone had their heart set on that piece of equipment and had claimed it fair and square. Just my two cents.

Steve, KW4H
W3KFQ

Contracts

Post by W3KFQ »

Before ya'all turn this into a snowball roll, consider this.....

A contract can be verbal, or written, or both, and carries the weight of law.

If anyone cares to look up breach of contract, do it so as to speak knowledgeably.

Anyone can abort a sale anytime they want, but not legally, and without recourse.

Those douche bags that stiff folks to gain the last ounce of profit should be given a wide berth..

RBR
Education is never obsolete, only misused
ve4xt

I'm not so quick to side against K7VS

Post by ve4xt »

Seems that Van isn't necessarily being unreasonable in wondering if he had a committed buyer or just a tire-kicker. Also, I am not sure why some of the most vitriolic posters here assumed, absent any facts, that K7VS received more money locally than the distant ham would have sent. There's been no indication that he sold it locally for the 'shipped' price, so why assume the worst. Perhaps he discounted it to reflect that he didn't have to ship. It seems in all of this, K7VS never received what to me would be the deal-making e-mail "I'm sending the money order." Had he received THAT e-mail and THEN sold it out from under the first buyer, I'd agree the complaint bears merit. But he did send the first buyer notice that the item was sold BEFORE the first buyer committed to sending the MO.