David Roberts W8DSR / WD8RYH what to do

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb6yoj

David Roberts W8DSR / WD8RYH what to do

Post by wb6yoj »

Well I got took by David Roberts W8DSR / WD8RYH Answered the add for the Cygnet Amp needing tubes for $125.00 back 6/20 e-mailed and he said shipping would be $35.00 sent a postal money order and that was it . have called several times he says he will ship it out tomorrow every time I call now he wont answer the phone so I guess I'm out the $160.00javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
w0bkr

Scammed W0NTS also

Post by w0bkr »

You might check on Eham, scammed someone there also...
K6ND

Re: David Roberts W8DSR/WD8RYH what to do

Post by K6ND »

Same here for a Bird Watt meter and slug ($170.00 + $15.00 shipping).
I can not believe that someone can sleep knowing that a fellow ham is paying for the food he is eating...............................

wb6yoj wrote:Well I got took by David Roberts W8DSR / WD8RYH Answered the add for the Cygnet Amp needing tubes for $125.00 back 6/20 e-mailed and he said shipping would be $35.00 sent a postal money order and that was it . have called several times he says he will ship it out tomorrow every time I call now he wont answer the phone so I guess I'm out the $160.00javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
W1JCW

Re: David Roberts W8DSR/WD8RYH what to do

Post by W1JCW »

K6ND wrote:Same here for a Bird Watt meter and slug ($170.00 + $15.00 shipping).
I can not believe that someone can sleep knowing that a fellow ham is paying for the food he is eating.

He can sleep fine like others who are down and dirty scum bags ! :evil:
73 -

W1JCW
John
vk6apk

WD8RYH

Post by vk6apk »

I was disappointed when one of the two GU84b tubes I bought from him was faulty.
I offered to send the faulty tube back at my expense and asked him to think about refunding the money for the tube. It would have been a nice gesture and it is something that every ham I've ever dealt with, would have done. Not so Mr Roberts.
I emailed him on 3 separate occasions to ask if he could help me out. I never got a single reply. I can only say, that he is not a true ham and that he has brought shame to our hobby and brotherhood.

73, Alek. VK6APK
K6ND

WD8RYH

Post by K6ND »

I am on my way to take this guy to court in his home state and in conjunction in MA.
I told him I will not stop and I do have the funds to support this.
No mater what he will hear from the "law"
See you in court Davie.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

One wonders or at least i do , which is how long will it be for a scum dog like this person before some one who is on the verge of looking for a reason to hurt a SOB like this. Sooner or later these cowardly slime balls will run into some one like that at least i would hope so. Lets face it the laws are not meant to help the small complaints and some times were forced to handle things our way. What people like that fail to realize that for a lot of people to get beat out of a couple of hundred dollars is a fortune and will find a way to get satisfaction.
Larry Huff K0pd
K6ND

LL#

Post by K6ND »

Does any one has a phone number for Davie.
I just received a request from the DA Office for this.
Thanks,
Will
K6ND
kr4ey

Post by kr4ey »

W4GZV

W8DSR ROAD TRIP?

Post by W4GZV »

Anyone interested in making a road trip to this guy's house? We could beg for our our money back. I don't know what else to do. If anyone is interested please get in touch with me FMeacher@aol.com.
Frank Meacher
W4GZV
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: LL#

Post by KA9FOX »

K6ND wrote:Does any one has a phone number for Davie.
I just received a request from the DA Office for this.
Thanks,
Will
K6ND
I sent you a direct email with the number he was using on his ads, before he was blocked at QTH.

- Scott
shaggy_24740

Dave

Post by shaggy_24740 »

Where does he supposed to live. an 8 call might be around me and I can sure put the word out and he'll have a hard time scamming here.
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
K6ND

WD8RYH

Post by K6ND »

Few days ago I had a voice mail from Dave stating that he shipped my Wattmeter I bought from him 6 months ago and he asked me to call him.
I did not call him to avoid the confrontation (would not have been nice).
Today to my BIG surprise and UPS package was at my door containing .....Indeed a Bird Watt meter in excellent condition.........so go figure????
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

He must be worried about Santa Claus dropping in.