KA2GBU Fruad and Lier! Don't Deal With. Please Read.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k2dmg

KA2GBU Fruad and Lier! Don't Deal With. Please Read.

Post by k2dmg »

I was on ebay one day looking for a used dual band radio 2/440. I saw a nice looking Icom IC-2700 with the, "Buy It Now" feature. I read the descriptions and found out that the radio works good. Only problem was that the volume and squelch controls didn't work for the 2-meter side. No big deal said the seller because those controls are on the microphone which is HM-90A wireless mic. Looking to be a good deal I used the buy it now feature and paid him with paypal.
I received the radio 5 days later plug it into my power supply and it powers up just fine. I went to talk on it and all my friends kept saying over the air, who ever is tiring to talk its a carrier. So the radio wasn't giving any audio out. I tried it with my Icom 706 mic that didn't work either. So then I bought a new battery to put in the HM-90A microphone thinking that would fix the problem. I let the mic charge over night, tried it in the morning and still no audio.
I contacted the seller for the second time and told him yet again I want my money back and if not I will take legal action against him seeing he only lives 20mins from my house. He replied and I quote, "I threatened him and he was not going to give my money back. Do what you have to do."
I don't no if I will ever get my money back. I just started a complaint on ebay and on paypal. Paypal states they have started the buyer protection program for me. I don't know if that will work or not. If it doesn't I have a criminal lawyer in my family that I have already talk to. My lawyer says he doesn't have a leg to stand on if I were to take him to court. I don't want to do that but will if I need to.
So a word to the wise, DON'T DEAL WITH KEVIN MILES KA2GBU FROM ROCHESTER, NEW YORK.
Thank you for reading this.
Dan Gitro
KC2HXB
[/b]