W7WGB

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kr6g

W7WGB

Post by kr6g »

Not up front about equipment. Purcahsed a Tri-ex W67 tower, self supporting

Got a TH 351 , 52 ft guyed crank up, Rusty pulleys and cable, all have to be replaced, ask for 100 back.Took 80 in gas and 8 hrs round trip, not worth driving back to return.
No longer answers e mails or phone calls

69 years of Ham radio, he says.

Alex
W9DMW-2

Tower Inspection...

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Alex, I will not presume to know what happened here, But you state it's not worth driving back there?. I have to ask, If you picked it up, Did you not see what you were getting before you loaded the tower up ? . Again, I was not there, So based on your posting, I just had to ask. Seems logical that you were right there, So a inspection prior to loading up would have been a good idea. Please advise if I am missing something, Or was the tower totally wrapped up or boxed for shipping. Just missing some key information . :?: :?: :?:
TNX Don W9DMW
kr6g

W7WGB

Post by kr6g »

The site stated not to go into a lot of detail, so I did not.
The add on QTH stated it was a free standing W 67, as we drove up to the area of his house, he told us to stop in the circle.

Next two big guys walk down with the tower and stop about 200 feet from trailer, we greet each other and said how would you like them to load it, I ask that the front be loaded a couple of feet from rear of vehicle, the rear was placed on the ramps for the atv trailer to load, so was off the ground about 5 feet, the tower model plate was also off the ground, I could see TRI-EX on the plate, but that was all.

We had left a 6:15 am and got home at 8:00 PM, so parked the trailer and explorer in a field. Monday went out to undo starps and got up on a 5 ft lader and read the TRI-ex label, and saw that it was a TH 351, it is really worn, so not sure of last digit. According to the tri-ex catalogs he gave me, it is a guyed 51 foot crank up--Not a 4 section free standing tower like the catalog states.
kr6g

W7WGB

Post by kr6g »

For got to add that it cost us 80 dollars in gas, and we are asking Wally to return $100.00 of the price paid, we also were ask to pay the two guys to load it, and not asking for that money back.
kr6g

W7WGB

Post by kr6g »

Not to be mean, I am not asking for anyones approval on this matter, but since he has all most a hundred items for sale, to be very carefull and ask lots of questions and possibly a return agreement if not as stated before.

Was meant as a warning to others.

Alex
kr6g

W7WGB

Post by kr6g »

Wally's answer
ALEX,
You sound like a disgruntled buyer !!, You knew how far my QTH was in miles and the gas it would take, here in the mountains was, also I advertised this tower the best I could based on what other HAM FRIENDS told me ! I had several HAMS, that told me it was at least worth $500.00,or more $'s and I originally advertised it for $500.00, with pick-up ONLY!!
Now I know that you drove many hundreds of miles to look and buy my TOWER !. But I reduced the price to $250. Bucks, a CHEAP STEEL TOWER, that the SK I bought it from had it SELF-SUPPORTING, I have 4 HAMS who helped me load it into a 20 FT. Trailer!! Who will verify this Truth.
LET me tell you an experience I had--I drove to Los Angeles About 800+ miles round trip ,not to long ago to purchase a TEN-TEC Corsair Transmitter, & receiver, the Ham who sold it was a the YL-Wife of a SK ham, she only had a
Tech license and inactive !!, there was no way to check it, she had sold off, his beam & Tower and all equipment, well when I returned home connected it, the
dial was inoperative, also the display had two bad L.E.D's so sent the whole rig into TEN-TEC for repair, after paying a bill of $389.79 plus shipping, $56.49, it worked fine. I will retain it when I go live with my son in S.C.to get back on the air again until I am SK!! For your info I've had 6 operations for CANCER at the VA hospital in Palo Alto, CA, and am Blessed to still be here!!
So if you want to complain, about an Old Ham one of the old Group, what I feel was a reasonable price purchase only $250 Bucks, and Ur pick up, then I will counter your complaint, by getting many HAMS here that know me personally that I have sold equipment to, will also counter your complaint!!--so be it!!
tnxs es 73's,
Wally- W7WGB-WW-II VET-VFW

A THD 351 is not a W 67 I to am a vet, does not mean a thing in this deal, pulleys so rusty they about to fall off, and cable the same way, but i made a deal and i was going to keep my end of it, then to find out it was not a W 67

Alex

BE carefull if you buy from this guy folks.

I said a W 67 would be worth up to $500, he said I do not have the base is why I lowered the price.

OK enought of this bull, end of story for me LIfe goes on , Never be screwed by a old ham in myh 50 years of this So i learned to trust no one.