N5IZ(RAY)

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4KVW

N5IZ(RAY)

Post by W4KVW »

Well I just completed a TRADE with Ray(N5IZ)& I must say it was NOT an HONEST transaction on the part of Ray.I advertised an ICOM SP-21 speaker for trade & Ray answered wanting to trade a HEIL HM-10 microphone as NEW for the speaker.We agreed to ship the items on Tuesday 6-15-10 by PRIORITY mail.I forgot to advise me wife that PRIORITY mail was too be used & emailed Ray on Tuesday evening so he was aware that my wife had used regular mail.I did NOT hear back from Ray until Thursday(6-17-10)when he advised me that he had gotten the SP-21 speaker with NO comment on the shipping method.I advisd him the microphone had NOT arrived though it was shipped PRIORITY mail.Friday came & went & again NO MICROPHONE again? I emailed Ray again & advised him that he should get a REFUND from the post office since the PRIORITY mail charge was a waste of money.Ray advised me that I should give it another day because the postal service was SLOW.Well here it is Saturday & the package with the HM-10 FINALLY arrives.I looked at the package & see that the post mark was NOT until 6-17-10(Thursday)& NOT on Tuesday(6-15-10)as Ray had stated!Ray also stated that the microphone was NEW which led me too think it had the box & paper work which it did NOT include? So after all of the emails & waiting it appears Ray was NOT being HONEST with me about when he shipped the microphone? He as a matter of fact did NOT ship the microphone UNTIL "AFTER" the SP-21 had already arrived at his home.If Ray wanted to wait until the speaker arrived before shipping the HM-10 he should have made this known & NOT have told me a LIE & hid the fact he had NOT even shipped the microphone until Thursday.I had my wife awaiting the package arrival so that it would NOT sit in the mailbox or on my porch & come up missing.If trading with Ray in the future I would ask that he disclose any SPECIAL shipping agreements in full PRIOR to items being shipped.In short he SHOULD just have been "HONEST" with me from the beginning since he came to me for the trade & NOT me to him.Guess Ray has some TRUST issues??? :?

CLAYTON
W4KVW
N5IZ

it was bad

Post by N5IZ »

welli'm sorry you feel the way you do.but i gave the wife the box to mail.and i guess she just forgot.but dont get me wrong i love my wife and sometimes things can go wrong.again i'm sorry..
73 ray n5iz
W4KVW

SORRY?

Post by W4KVW »

Ray you had THREE DAYS too mention that the package was NOT shipped when you said it would be but it NEVER came through in ANY emails from you?You gave me the story that the U.S. postal service was SLOW so I should be patient since it's all we have.It was NOT the post office that was SLOW Ray it was YOU! The TRUTH will NOT kill you it will set you FREE. :shock:

Clayton
W4KVW
N5IZ

late

Post by N5IZ »

i've had hams to tell me they ship yesterday and 2 days later they email ship today.maybe 6 days later i get the package.i dont get upset i go on.i guess if you want something done right.do it yourself.which i plan on doing from now on..no more mistakes.. :( javascript:emoticon(':(')
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I think the one point that is missed and mind you i'm taking no sides in this,but the fact you got the heil and your only complaint was it was a couple of days late and not in a heil box says you got what you traded for but not as quickly as you expected. As for the delayed shipping i would guess Ray is telling you the truth but i rather suspect he was suspicious of the transaction and deliberately held off a couple of days to be on the safe side.
Does all this make Ray a bad guy? In my opinion no, but someone i would be cautious of trading with not because of his delay of shipping but the fact that he did not right away tell you it would be a couple of days before he was shipping due to what ever.
I just completed a trade with another Ham and i shipped a day before he did because i assumed he was shipping on the same day. I was never worried for two reason's one is we have been discussing this for quite a while and two he never stopped communications and even explained the delay. Ray you might consider that type of action in future trades,but no i would have not made this a public issue as when the smoke cleared you both got what you traded for.
Larry Huff K0pd
N5IZ

Post by N5IZ »

larry you are right.i feel that one is right to make a mistake once .and i did but no more.i have sold a lot of stuff on here and other places.i not blaming no but myself for the slow shipping.like i said it want happen again if others would post that i have sold to.it would clear up a lot of things.it want happen again.hope this will clear of the mistake...

73 ray n5iz
NB4M

Funny, I had the same experience

Post by NB4M »

Funny, I had the exact same experience on a trade with Ray.
His shipment arrived days after he received my shipment (delivery confirmation).
Once I finally received the FT450AT (as advertised) rig, it had no AT.
After several complaints, he finally sent the AT.
W1JCW

Re: Funny, I had the same experience

Post by W1JCW »

NB4M wrote:Funny, I had the exact same experience on a trade with Ray.
His shipment arrived days after he received my shipment (delivery confirmation).
Once I finally received the FT450AT (as advertised) rig, it had no AT.
After several complaints, he finally sent the AT.
Kind of screwy for sure.

Prompt communications are important yet many do not feel that way and just
get around to it when they feel like it.

I sell and buy many items here and sometimes I am called out of town on business. I email the folks and let them know this and I will ship out the item
as soon as I return home. At least I keep them updated even if its only for
$20 !

Honesty goes a long way in my book.
Last edited by W1JCW on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
73 -

W1JCW
John
N5IZ

Post by N5IZ »

well i guess the only way to get this stright.is to say why not try me.i know i done wrong.but i can change.and have.all shipments go out next day.and sometimes before i receive payment..thats all i ask..is give me a chance.what else can i say are do..thanks and GOD BLESS......73 ray n5iz
W4KVW

RAYS "TRUST" issue? TWICE it appears???

Post by W4KVW »

What the issue is here is RAYS "TRUST".He did NOT "TRUST" me & made ZERO effort to find out IF he should trust me.I am a State Law Enforcement Office(27 PLUS years)& would have given him DOZENS of personal references as well as my PERFECT ebay feedback information with over 100 transactions but he NEVER ask for ANY.I sent his item NO QUESTIONS ask & he received it in 2 days.He or someone sent my item AFTER his arrived & I got it about 5 or 6 days later than it should have been.even after days of emails it was NEVER mentioned that it had NOT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED so NO WAY could it have ARRIVED? If "YOU" feel safe dealing with Ray then go ahead & deal away but NO MORE for this old boy.Have a WONDERFUL life Ray.TRUST ME I AM!!! }:>)

Clayton
W4KVW :roll:
k4kk

Re: RAYS "TRUST" issue? TWICE it appears???

Post by k4kk »

W4KVW wrote:What the issue is here is RAYS "TRUST".He did NOT "TRUST" me & made ZERO effort to find out IF he should trust me.I am a State Law Enforcement Office(27 PLUS years)& would have given him DOZENS of personal references as well as my PERFECT ebay feedback information with over 100 transactions but he NEVER ask for ANY.I sent his item NO QUESTIONS ask & he received it in 2 days.He or someone sent my item AFTER his arrived & I got it about 5 or 6 days later than it should have been.even after days of emails it was NEVER mentioned that it had NOT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED so NO WAY could it have ARRIVED? If "YOU" feel safe dealing with Ray then go ahead & deal away but NO MORE for this old boy.Have a WONDERFUL life Ray.TRUST ME I AM!!! }:>)

Clayton
W4KVW :roll:
Fer gawd's sake! Twice he has said he was wrong. You got what you wanted albeit a little slower than you hoped. Give it a rest. He didn't take anything from you but a few days' use. What do you want him to do now besides say he was wrong (and he's done that twice).