Something wrong

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Bear

Something wrong

Post by Bear »

I saw a listing for a Kenwood TS 830S for sale by WY8D on QTH Classifieds. I sent a message to the seller through the contact seller proceedure on QTH. I asked about more pics. and if a small counter offer might be considered. No response followed.
I again sent a contact message after about 24 hours and got a almost instant response that the "radio may be a TS 830S Gold Series". No other response of any kind. I give up, if its a problem with the QTH setup it needs to be corrected. If not then the problem lays elsewhere. You cannot buy a radio if there is no communication and I sure have tried.
Jim
KC4QLM

Ps
If anybody has a 830s in nice condition they want to sell please let me know. It can be a lead, silver or gold edition I don't care as long as it is nice and price reasonable.

New Edit:
Well guys I took your instructions and located the phone number and called this morning left a message Just waiting at this point, so far nothing.

UPDATE,
NO CONTACT FROM SELLER. Think you are right just take my money elsewhere. Sombody out there wants a few hundred bucks. :?:

LAST UPDATE: Finaly got a email response tonight 6/19/10 that he as now sold the rig. With this kind of dealings I am glad he sold it to sombody besides me. :roll:
Last edited by Bear on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

I would give him a phone call...his number is shown when you click on the email tab. The listing is still up so perhaps the rig is still available...
73...Sam W8VVE
kk9a

No reply

Post by kk9a »

Many people run ads and do not respond to email. I have had it happen a number of times, the most recent is a guy who is looking for a DX Engineering Antenna manual. I have a number of their antenna manuals and wanted to help, but I never received a response to my email sent over three weeks ago and he is still running the ad. I don't see the point in running an ad if you do not follow up on responses! Good luck on your search for a TS-830. I owned a couple of them years ago and they were nice radios.
w8jn

decide

Post by w8jn »

Someone asks $1.00 for an item. You offer him 0.99 cents. He does not have to answer, you do not have to buy. You may consider your offer reasonable. He may consider it unreasonable and not answer. The solution? Don't buy from him. Some people just don't know how to wheel and deal, others don't need to sell and will not respond to anything other than their asking price. I respond to all offers with a courteous , thanks but that a little thin lets see if we can work a deal, or yes that a great offer lets work out the details. Some people on ebay don't respond to questions. The answer? Don't bid on their stuff. Sellers do not have to give you the time of day, you don't have to give them your money.
rule number one in hoss trading.... if the seller is unwilling to make you comfortable or refuses to answer your questions satisfactorily, take your $$$ money elsewhere.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

Ditto what Paul said. Sam W8VVE