WB2NGX Joe Locastro: Warning

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WD5EAE

WB2NGX Joe Locastro: Warning

Post by WD5EAE »

I purchased an FT-736R from Joe, WB2NGX with the following description:

"This radio comes in the original box, mic and manual, as new, perfect."

I do not expect an old radio like the FT-736R to be "as new" or "perfect" but when so described I do expect it to be in basic operating order.

I received the radio Saturday, June 12. One would expect an "as new, perfect" radio to at least have a functioning VFO. Unfortunately, the tuning is erratic. You try to tune a station in and the VFO frequency hangs as you continue to turn the dial, then can jump up or down, not incrementally, but randomly. Tuning down might have the VFO jump a few KHz up. I have now verified it does this on all bands. I called Joe to talk about the problem, seeing that he represented the radio "as new, perfect" and I paid top dollar for the radio.

Joe knew nothing of the problem. OK. Then I asked Joe if he'd be willing to take the unit back. "No". He told me he had had a lot of offers when he placed his ad but he was too busy to deal with it again. OK. Would he be willing to share the cost of repair? "No". The extent Joe was willing to go was to tell me to reset the CPU on the unit -- does it even have one and does Joe really think this will solve what is probably a defective encoder? Joe told me the radio was mine and my problem.

Joe got top dollar selling a non-functional radio. Thank you Joe. You've earned a place here in the feedback forum.

Listing Number: 827918
Date Ad was Placed: 05/23/10
Name: Joe
Phone Number: (315) 252-6107
Callsign: WB2NGX
Category: RADIOVHF
Heading: Yaesu FT-736R, Loaded With All Options Ad Message:
For Sale:
I'm selling one of my FT-736R radios, Bought it new with the 6 meter & 220 Mhz. optional moduals installed, tone board and voice modual.
This radio comes in the original box, mic and manual, as new, perfect. $1650 + shipping. Pictures upon request.
Joe WB2NGX
Last edited by WD5EAE on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
W9DMW-2

736R "AS NEW" ?????

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Good day to all, When a ad is placed, Stating "AS NEW", In "PERFECT CONDITION" It is reasonable to receive a perfectly working and good condition radio. At the price listed I think the buyer here has cause for concern. It is also strange, That the seller is unwilling to help in the compensation, Or repair of said radio. I think that since the buyer did not receive the radio as Posted and stated, He has every right to demand a full refund on this unit.
Any HONORABLE seller here on QTH.com would be willing to do so. Refund the man his Honest Money, And do the right thing. Is it really worth the bad reputation for a few Dollars?. It is sad to see one's integrity bought for such a cheap price. Hope this all works out in the end..
It is Sunday, "GOD BLESS TO ALL". i.e. Don W9DMW
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree with Don 100%. I know times are tough financially but that is not excuse for dishonesty. And what i'm reading the seller i feel had to know the condition of the radio.
Larry Huff K0pd
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

I've done a reset on the memory and microprocessor and still have the problem. Thank you very much to the private emailer who told me how to do this (p. 12 of the manual). I am assuming at this point its the encoder. Does anyone have a ball park estimate of what replacement costs?
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: WB2NGX Joe, Warning

Post by KA9FOX »

WD5EAE wrote:Joe got top dollar selling a non-functional radio. Thank you Joe. You've earned a place here in the feedback forum.
He's also now earned a spot in our blocked users list, and will not be allowed to use the QTH.com Classifieds in the future, at least until this issue is resolved.

UPDATE: Joe has contacted me with his side to the story, and it is interesting. I have asked him to post his side here.

- Scott KA9FOX
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

I ordered an encoder this morning from Yaesu. Unfoturtunately I received the following message in my private inbox just now:

"The problem you described with your radio is the exact same problem that I have had with mine which I sent to Jim Weston for repair. Unfortunately I have to tell you that in my case the problem was traced to the control unit CPU and they are no longer available either the chip or the board. Jim told me that about three years ago he was able to obtain a control board from Japan for about $300.00. My option at this point is that I now have a parts radio and from what I have been reading there are a few others having control board problems so perhaps a 20 going on 25 year old radio is reaching its limits. "

If the problem is not with the encoder, which I've already ordered, it appears the radio is probably not repairable.
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

Scott has (generously) privately attempted to negotiate between Joe and myself. Joe, who is welcome to post his "interesting" story himself claims that I called him "huffing and puffing about the VFO" and very quickly after Joe refused to pay for repairs, because he wasn't sure they were even necessary, Joe claims I went into a tirade of vulgarity, remarkably just before he could offer a refund. Joe also claims I attacked himself, and his mother using the F word and a vulgar reference to the male body part.

Subsequently, I have written out, to be the best of my memory, exactly what transpired between Joe and myself and the conversation shows that we had more than a short conversation, that Joe provided more information in the phone call than Joe's version of the story to Scott permits, and that Joe's claim is therefore not true. I admit that I was angry at the end of the phone call because I had explicitly asked him for a refund IF the microprocessor reset failed; and again asked him to help pay HALF of repairs IF they were necessary. I sent Joe $1711 including shipping and I expected Joe to show some flexibility IFrepairs were needed, either by way of refund or in help getting it repaired. I invite Joe to post his version of events.

The fact is, Joe sold me a defective radio, I have the details of our phone conversation that shows we had a reasonable conversation about details of the radio's problems and potential solutions, contrary to his description to Scott, and he's denying me a refund or help with repair by simply accusing me of attacking himself and his mother with a tirade of vulgarity. So Joe, let's have your "side" of the story.
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

And if Joe refuses to post his interesting story, I would like to ask Scott if he will post what Joe sent him
KK7AZ

Post by KK7AZ »

I have been dealing with Joe wb2ngx for 23 yrs an have nothing but praise for him. He is a man of his word, and I consider him a friend. I have never met him in person but trust him completley. I have read this complaint several times and can't believe it. I did call Joe for his side of the story, and I believe him. He has sent his side of the story to Scott, but it has not been posted.I also Googled wd5eae and looked at his web site. Maybe Scott should also look at the contact info on his web page, it says he's been blocked by most of the ip's in the country. He's not allowed to send email. This along with the vicious attack on PAL Star Tuners I must wonder about him instead of Joe. Just me defending a friend, as more people should do. I do wish Scott would post Joe's side of the story. 73's Jack KK7AZ
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I know there is two sides of any story so why since you've talked to Joe have him tell his version of events on this page as of right now it does not look good for him..
Larry Huff K0pd
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

KK7AZ:

1) I've invited Joe to post just what he sent Scott. I've openly asked Scott to post what Joe sent him. I'm waiting. All Joe has to do is send Scott an email saying, "Please post the response I sent you as my answer".

2) In your readiness to defend your pesonal friend, you've misread my contact page. Jack, Google has not blocked me. I've blocked Google email accounts at my server due to Google's invasion of people's privacy. If you do not know anything about it, do an Internet search on Google and how various countries and state A.G.'s are considering bringing suit against Google for invasion of people's privacy. They are a profiling company, not at humantarian email and search engine company. Please get your assertions straight before you jump to conclusions.

3) My review of the Palstar tuner was well deserved. It did not function and was sent back for repair multiple times to try and get it work; not to mention I was given a three year warranty which was then turned into a two year warranty at the whim of Palstar.

4) My web site is http://www.wd5eae.org. I'd be happy to have folks go there and check out my contributions to amateur radio. I am quite happy to have, in some small way, supported the spirit, art and practice of amateur radio.

5) "Just me defending a friend". Yes. Understood. I respect you've known him for however many years and he's been honorable in your dealings with him. The rest of what you say is either false, or off topic. Is attacking me is the best you can do to defend Joe?

Now, regarding the phone call Joe and I had...
Last edited by WD5EAE on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

The courts have leaned toward posting other people's personal emails as copyright infringement. I'm not going to post someone else's email, nor am I going to comment on the content, other than it was interesting.

If Joe wants to tell his side of the story, he can reply to this thread, of course.

- Scott
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

OK Scott understood. Since you are unable to post it, I'd ask Joe to post what he sent Scott.
WB2NGX

Post by WB2NGX »

Since I have received a few e-mails from friends and people I've traded with in the past telling me to post my side of the story, I have inserted the e-mails that transpired between Scott and myself , these pretty much tell the whole story. They may not be in the same order as they were sent, but good enough........ draw your own conclusiions. That radio was pristine and worked fine before I shipped it as it was tested and showed no sign of any erratic VFO operation.
I was just seconds away from saying " well if your that unhappy with the radio then just send it back" but we never got to that point due to Steves hot temper.
You don't smear a persons good name and then ask if we can resolve the issue. ............. Sorry its a done deal now. WB2NGX.......

If anyone would like to see pictures of this radio please let me know.
Also this is my first and final post in this matter as I will not fuel the fire.

-------------------------------------------
Scott

I think at this point your going to have to believe what ever and who ever
you want. I've received several e-mail and a few phone calls from friends
and people I've done business with in the past wanting to know whats going
on and why you were so quick to take sides with this guy and block me from
the site. They have all told me to not even bother to post a reply as this
BS bickering will. just go on for weeks. From what I've also been told this
guy has had issues with Palstar and some others. I haven't read any of the
stuff and don't care to but from what I see this guy finds fault in
everyone and everything
and thrives on conflict with others.

Here is a copy of his e-mail after he receives the radio...............
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------
Joe,

I received the rig a few hours ago and just plugged it up. The VFO does not
appear to be tuning properly. It hangs when you try to tune in fine
increments -- sits on the same freq and then jumps a few KCs all at once. It
also will jump back up a few KCs, for example, if you tune down slowly.

Stephen
-------------------------------------------------------------

Just received the radio a few hours ago and already he's fireing off at me
with an e-mail.
Never takes the time to sit down and look through the manual, as he didn't
know how to reset the CPU. become familiar with the radio or play with it
for a day or so, just fires off a complaint. The following day the phne call
came.
So as far as a resoloution, it's already too late for that, you and him have
both smeared my good name..... it;s over.
If you want to keep me blocked that is your choice.
Also......... Please feel free to post all the e-mails I sent you, as I
don't have time for any of this.

Joe.......... WB2NGX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott,

The radio I sold this guy was in perfect condition. I bought it new back in
96 or so. I checked it out before I shipped it. I was also reluctant to sell
it as it served as my backup spare, and has been stored in it's original box
or over 15 years. This guy called me last night huffing and puffing about
the VFO. Than asks me if I'll pay for repairs. WELL I don't even know if it
needs any repair. Before I could get a word in edgewise this guy went off on
me, f*** you you a**hole, f*** your mother you cs*******r etc./ etc. at that
point I just hung up. NOBODY TALKS TO ME LIKE THAT ! I was willing to take
the radio back but the conversation never got that far. With that I'm
considering it a done deal. I've been selling radio equipment way too long
to pull shady deals like that with people. Ho do I know this guy isn't
suffering from buyers remorse? maybe he found something cheaper somewhere
else.
It's funny how you only hear one side of the story from guys like this. I
can send you pictures of this radio if you like.
Otherwise I really just don't care any more. You can keep me blocked for all
I care. He can go and buy some parted out radio off ebay maybe then hell be
happy.

Joe........ WB2NGX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott,

It doesn't surprise me that he's denying what he said to me on the phone.
When a person goes off on you in a fit of rage they usually don't have much
recollection of what they said or did. What I told you in my previous e-mail
is an accurate account of how this conversation concluded. I hung up on him,
he didn't hang up on me. Due to his behavior on the phone we never got to
the point of returning the radio. It's unfortunate that this ended as it did
but as far as I can see the damage is already done and I also think you were
a little quick on the trigger to block me and take sides. I've been posting
on your board since 1999 doesn't it seem a little strange that after all
these years something like this happens as if this was my usual way of doing
business. I've had a few people send me some emails and things that this guy
has complained about in the past and it appears that he's might just be a
chronic complainer. I would hate to be mediator of this board after reading
some of the many many complaints of deals gone bad. I have to wonder is
every one out there a scammer or perhaps do the buyers just expect too much.
If I had to do this I think I would just close the board. I just can't see
any point in carrying this on any further. I'll post a brief account of my
side of the story just for the record for all the good it will do now.

Joe WB2NGX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

Joe,

It would have been counterproductive to call you and express vulgarity while seeking your assistance. It was in my character and my best interests to speak politely, which I did.

You raise the Palstar issue like your friend Jack. My story of the problem I had with the Palstar tuner speaks for itself. I've done a lot of business with a lot of hams, and purchased tens of thousands of dollars of equipment from various vendors and individual hams. I've publicly praised dealers like Ten Tec, AES, DX Engineering and ZeroFive Verticals. I've also praised individuals I've done business with. I had one bad experience with Palstar and you try and use that as proof that I am an unreasonable person. I don't see you posting links or commenting on the praise I've passed around.

Jack attempts to scrounge for anything on my web site that speaks unfavorably of me. He doesn't mention the software I write and give away for free to hams, nor does he, or you, know that on a regular basis I have hams writing to ask for help. They even sometimes offer to pay me, which I have always refused. I wouldn't mention it but for your attempt to try and paint me as an unreasonable crank. I'd be happy to compare your offerings if that's really want you want to do. But really, I'd rather get to the issue of the "as new, perfect" rig you sold me and the phone call we had.

Since you did not reply to my email about the erratic VFO operation of this "perfect as new rig", I decided to call you the next afternoon to see what you could tell me. I am sorry you felt imposed on because I did not read the manual first. You see, having been licensed back in the late 70's, I could tell a VFO problem when I see one. Besides, I don't think the manual says to reset the processor if the VFO is acting erratically!

So I called you and I described what the VFO was doing. I asked if you had seen this problem. You said "No". You told me about doing a processor reset and that it would blow away all the memories and I'd have to reprogram them all. Which was a strange comment since I hadn't even gotten that far but I said nothing since it was not relevant. I then asked you IF resetting the processor did not fix it, could I return the radio to which you said "No". You told me that while you had had a number of enquiries (Scott could confirm that through his system), you did not have the time to deal with it (your slowness in responding to my pre-purchase emails, and to this forum corroborate this point). Also, your need to "have a couple of days off" before you could ship the radio after you received the postal money orders corroborates this point.

You talked about incremental tuning settings, suggesting the jumps in frequency were due to an incremental tuning setting, to which I replied that this was not incremental but random. I could tune down, and the VFO would go down but then suddenly hang. Then it might jump up a few KCs as the VFO continued to be tuned downward. You asked me if it did that on all the bands. I told you I was not sure, I had tried 220 mhz and I thought 2 meters, but I'd check the rest.

I told you that I had done some research on the Internet about the VFO and that the encoder might be bad. Your first response was that you were not sure what I might have done on my end. I said nothing in response because I had simply plugged up an antenna and the power and tried to tune the rig's VFO up and down. You then quickly added, that it had sat in a box for 15 years and perhaps the encoder had oxidized. You told me it had been in your office as a second rig you owned and that it worked fine last you used it, but then you boxed it up and it had been in the box for the last 15 years. You told me you were the first owner and the rig should be in perfect shape. You said you had plugged it up prior to shipping and there were no problems tuning up or down, though you admitted you had not transmitted, nor did you say that you had carefully checked the VFO to see if it was counting up or down properly. I asked you about helping me pay repair charges IF resetting the processor did not fix it. You said "No". The rig was mine.

You were explicit about rejecting a refund or about helping to pay repair.

Were you busy holding this rational conversation about incremental tuning, processor resets, oxidized encoders, how long you had owned it and how there was no dust inside the unit while I madly shouted disgusting vulgarities Joe? The story you told Scott is not true.

The vulgarity you accuse me of using is not language I used, or would even think of. I am not an 18 year old who attacks your mother. That's just pathetic.

After you told me there would be no refund; that you would not help pay repairs; that the rig was mine and my problem I let my anger get the best of me and called you an S*B and a d*mned crook and I hung up on you. That was my mistake and my sin for which I am sorry. So sorry I told my wife I had acted inapproriately and also called a local friend to talk it out. She agreed I was wrong in what I said but how do you apologize to a guy who just ripped you off?

Anyone who had just gotten taken for one thousand seven hundred and eleven dollars would likewise have been angry. A better man than I would have been wise enough to hold it in. A more experienced man than myself would have said nothing knowing that he was harming his chance at resolving the problem. I felt like I had been taken and was helpless to do anything about it and I let you know.

Joe claims, " I was willing to take the radio back but the conversation never got that far". Well, guess what Joe. The phone bill is coming. It will also show that we had a longer and obviously more rational conversation than your dishonest story to Scott allows for. You sold me a broken rig, and when I got angry because you showed no flexibility in working with me to solve the problem, you decided to juice up the story so as to hang on to the cash. Well, fair enough Joe. I lost my temper. I lose (some of) my money. But the story of what actually transpired ought to be told. Next time you sell a rig I'm willing to bet you operate differently. And if you play fair next time around, it will be worth it.
w8spm

Post by w8spm »

I have read the entire post on this subject and if I were the buyer I would be very upset if I bought a As new radio with this kind of problem? I would guess the radio was dropped hard while in transit that brought this on?
I myself have sold 2 mint condition 736's on this forum ! If either of the buyer's had called me with such a problem I would say send the radio back to me and I would refund your money ! End of story! Telling someone to read the manual is not going to fix this problem !
Bad language will not solve a problem but if I had had bought this radio and it had this problem and I asked for a refund and was told no-I think I would not be happy and I know things can go down hill from there !
Bottom line is if the guy is not happy with a as new condition radio he should get his money refunded-no if's or but's! It's the right thing to do !
I have bought and sold lot's of items on this forum and have never had a problem myself! I have the opinion that if someone is unhappy with anything I sell return it and I'll refund your money! There is nothing complicated in that-do the right thing! Do not make excuses and destroy your reputation over a transaction !
It's hard for me to believe some of the posts on this feedback forum and how some people blame everyone else for what is wrong !
This situation should be resolved to the buyers liking ! He is the one who put out top dollar for a Like New radio that has major problems with the VFO !
just my opinion! Sam W8SPM
Samuel P. Maze
wa3nwl

Re: Dispute over sale of 736R

Post by wa3nwl »

While I do not have any relationship to either party I feel for the buyer and the seller. This problem should not have to have been dragged through the mud as it appears it may have been a very easy to have been missed oversight. I have the same problem with my 736R which was sent for repair to Weston Electronics and traced to a bad control Board CPU. The parts to repair this radio (Control Unit) are no longer available rendering the radio to be declared inoperative, becoming a parts radio or memory channels only radio. The problem affects both the A and B VFO's. It does not affect the ability to input frequencies from the keypad and putting them into the memory channels. Not an ideal way to operateand it renders the radio to memory channel operations only and as such is not a completely functional multi mode radio,

I had hoped that cooler heads would prevail in this disagreement and that the problem would have been resolved by these two gentlemen.

I must state that It is possible that both parties have told their stories accurately and that WB2NGX did in fact check the radio. Unless the radio is checked very carefully and meticulously while in actual operation using CW or SSB mode and tuned very slowly to tune in a station it would be possible to easily misinterpret the changing numbers on the display as being indicative of proper operation. This problem or at least with mine allows the unit to operate properly for a few minutes before erratic tuning occurs thus making it also possible to miss the discovery if checked quickly. Thermal conditions vary from location to location. It is possible if checked in FM mode that the radio appeared to be operating properly, What ever the case it IMHO it does not justify taking payment for a radio that is discovered within a relatively short period of time as being defective on delivery no matter what the temperments or angers involved or irrational behaviours. Human beings have different anger triggers and tend to be angry when paying a large sum of money and things do not work properly. Integrity is integrity and one of the few things we as Amatuers or human beings have that we control. Our word is our bond and we are only as good as our word. Perhaps an independant party that each person could agree upon could verify the inoperability and help resolve the disagreement and bring it to resolution.

I only came across these posts in my quest to purchase another 736R as I consider this a great radio for anyone serious about VHF/UHF. Sad that a great company like Yaesu does not produce newer units of this type with these features.

Gentlemen I would hope that you both can resolve this issue and try to understand that each of your stories and explanations may be true. Accidents or imcomplete discovery is just that an accident and should be able to be resolved.

However, no buyer having put trust in a seller should be put in this situation no matter what the anger displayed. Because someone is angry does no justify not rectifying a problem discovered with a radio, It does not justify what could legally be termed "theft by deception".

I would also state that the resetting of the CPU has nothing to do with and is unrelated to the operation of the VFO and would not have any relationship to errattic tuning. It merely resets the memory functions and returns the radio to a default as manufactured state.
Gary L. Dorsey WA3NWL
RMC(SW)
USN/USNR-Ret
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

Gary,

Thank you for the comments. I need to make it clear that I am not questioning whether Joe checked out the rig. I take him at his word, though he did say he had not transmitted, which is pretty fundmental to a transceiver's operation. I know that checking the VFO takes some attention, and accept that Joe may not have looked that closely.

The real divergence is that he claims that I called him hot under the collar ready for a fight and that before he could offer a refund I cussed him out. My point in recounting the conversation was to show that we had a rational discussion and it was not until he refused a refund and refused to help get it repaired that I got angry. I think most people would.

He ought to refund the money or pay for the repair in full. I thought it was generous to accept half the repair costs. I wanted the rig and wanted to get it in working order. KA9FOX tried to mediate but Joseph wanted me to apologize for saying some very vulgar things none of which I said. And then I might get a refund. Imagine the level of distrust you would have at that point if you were in my shoes.
wa3nwl

Clarification

Post by wa3nwl »

Stephen,
My comments to be made perfectly clear are that what occured between the two of you and what is being stated about it has absolutely nothing to do with resolution as it seems that feelings and personal issues have clouded the actual problem. What is going on is just the story of two people about what they believe happened. The facts are the facts and they are is the radio good or is the radio bad.

If your radio has the same problem as mine, and based on your description it is exactly the same, there are no repair issues because if the control board is the culprit the radio is now unrepairable unless you or Joe have a parts radio to obtain a good one. You both can feel free to be sidetracked by the personality or anger issues with the he said, he said but I would suggest some form of referee process by perhaps a repair person.

Just offering my two cents worth and suggestion.

Good luck and I hope you can resolve your losses. I just obtained a replacement on ebay and hope it works as advertised.
Gary L. Dorsey WA3NWL
RMC(SW)
USN/USNR-Ret
WD5EAE

Post by WD5EAE »

Gary,

Thank you for the clarification. And the information and suggestion. Your "two cents" are worth more than two cents and I appreciate it.

WD5EAE
w8jn

the right thing

Post by w8jn »

joe,
aj lewis and i just swapped $15,000 worth of equipment. his $5000 item did not work correctly out of the box. i phoned him immediately. issues must be reported to the seller instantly when discovered. it is not wise to spend an hour or so trying to "fix the problem'. the seller must be informed right now so that he realizes the issue occured "out of the box" . the two of you can walk through corrective action and that will reassure the seller that the buyer isnt "hacking up the rig".
in my case with aj, we tried everything together and i kept him updated as to everything i was going to do to save us both $$$$. it would have been a shame if we sent the rig back to icom and spent $200 to find out the rig needed a reset, or a wire harness was loose. after we walked through everything reasonable, it was determined that it needed to be sent to matt at icom service center michigan and we agreed to split the cost since neither one of us could figure out what caused the problem. it worked fine when aj had it, and it did not when it arrived. matt at icom fixed the problem and the cost to each of us was $142.50.
the phone call is "he said she said" and unfortunately your buyer has an expensive rig that does not work. your reputation has been tarnished and regardless of the content of the phone call, you have not resolved the problem. your buyer may be the biggest jerk on the planet, however you sold him a rig and it did not arrive "as described" in the ad. you have a responsibility to make it right. his ranting on the phone is not your ticket to walk away.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
by the way, i dont know any of the folks in this dispute, however i did look up stephen after reading a comment that he "complains about everyone". his website is very professional and i didnt see any negative references to anyone. looking him up on google returned similar results. lots of pages discussing hrd and no negative comments.