AJ1M James Minnich -- Need help finding him

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k5jn

AJ1M James Minnich -- Need help finding him

Post by k5jn »

6/22/10
I was contacted today by James AJ1M and he has been in the hospital. He will return my payment. This was an unfortunate situation for both of us and I wish him well.
Ralph K5JN

I sent a payment confirmed received for a rig to Jay on 5/18/10 but he hasn't shipped yet.
I received an email that he shipped with a track number that really went to Louisiana.
The last email contact was on 6/1/10 when I received that wrong track number.
Also his phone answer message indicates he has had health problems.
I would appreciate an email direct to my QRZ email address if anyone knows his situation.
He still has ads on QTH.

73 all Ralph K5JN
Last edited by k5jn on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ws2e

AJ1M

Post by ws2e »

Apparently he sold the same radio multiple times, after speaking to you it appears we bought the same radio. I have sent payment in the form of MO for $1250, and he has replied by saying he received it and shipped the radio. 2 weeks have past and he is not answering the phone or emails and I have not received the radio or tracking info. I will go to the sheriff this week and initiate a complaint for fraud, and follow it up.
k5jn

Re: AJ1M James Minnich

Post by k5jn »

WS2E and I will be contacting the local Sherrifs Dept concerning AJ1M who has sold us both the same radio.
There may be others we haven't heard from yet.
The same AJ1M ad for the FT1000MPMKV is still on QTH.

73 all Ralph K5JN
n4dxx

Strange

Post by n4dxx »

If i remember correctly i done a deal with this guy last year and had no issues at all,It was a pretty big trade on some equipment but everything went very smooth..These things i don't understand..I hope you all get it worked out soon..N4DXX
k5jn

AJ1M James Minnich

Post by k5jn »

I have contacted the Grant County Sherrifs department to post a complaint about James Minnich AJ1M.
He hasn't responded to emails or calls concerning the FT1000MPMKV that I sent money orders for on 5/18/10.
AJ1M sold the same radio to WS2E (posted above) and he is also making a complaint.
James AJ1M still has ads on QTH for the same radio.

Ralph K5JN
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Can you guys confirm that you mailed payment to his FCC address?

- Scott
k5jn

Post by k5jn »

Scott, I can't speak for WS2E regarding his post but James AJ1M contacted me today after a hospital stay. He will refund my payment.
Ralph K5JN