K0RPL / N9ZDA Update Legal Action Process

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

This guy is a pox on the amateur radio community. However, I would recommend against contacting his employer ..... at least at this time. He was obviously in a deep financial problem early this year from the legal proceedings against him. Contacting the employer can get them pissed and cause him to lose a job when he probably needs it most. I don't want to support this kind of loser with my tax money. I would go through the sherrif before I would go through an employer. He needs to pay his debts and cover his outstanding transactions. We don't need to push him to more scamming.

With the way the FCC has been going after folks for 'moral' issues, send Riley Hollingsworth a copy of the files! This is the type of scumbag that needs to lose a license -- not some felon that is trying to clean his life up and has an old conviction on the record.
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

Justin's phone number is 920-471-8008. If you have not already done so, you might want to give him a phone call and see what the situation is.

I don't feel encouraged about success working through his boss. Employers can not afford to delve into their employees personal dealings unless the employee's behavior DIRECTLY affects the employers business. Further, there are many laws in effect that prevent an employer from intervening, unless the employer's interests are at risk due to wrongful actions of an employee. (Employees have a right to privacy, even it they are scoundrels.)

The FCC can only act within their own rules and procedures. Also, their so-called "moral" initiative applies to public broadcasting and is not directed to wireless license holders. So attempting to change Justin's behavior via the FCC, likely, will be a waste of time.

So what to do to get your equipment shipped to you? Foremost, don't give up. It is your equipment and you are due. Email Justin every day, Mail him a registered letter every five days. Send registered letters to his address and at his place of employment. (Get address by calling the phone number given you.) Keep copies of all letters. After a reasonable period, say 20 business days, write a brief describing all the facts in the matter. If you still do not have your equipment, take the brief and all of the copies of your registered letters to the Postmaster at your local U.S. Post Office and sign a fraud by mail complaint. This puts the matter in the hands of the U.S. Postal Authorities and eventually the FBI, should the postal authorities find a pattern of criminal behavior.

As Winston Churchill said. "Never, never, never give up."

AL
Last edited by K4ICL on Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

The reason I mentioned calling the employer is because the fraud is taking place on company property, near as I can tell, since the transactions are setup using his employer's e-mail system.

I would think the employer would be responsible for, or at least very interested in, what their employees do using their company e-mail system, but what do I know. :)

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w2dwr

Post by w2dwr »

Hi Y'all,

At Justin's request, I want you all to know that I have received two UPS tracking numbers from him. I will post more after the arrival of the equipment.
Thanks to all for the help and advice.
Joe W2DWR
kendoman

Post by kendoman »

why should it take the threat of legal action in order for someone to send out the merchandise that someone paid for. I hope all take notice of this before dealing with a person like justin.
W5YMB

W2DWR (Re : Justin Korpal)

Post by W5YMB »

Joe,

Hope you are satisfied with the Johnson VFO 122 from Justin " Rapid Response " Korpal .

This would be the same VFO 122 that I returned to Justin because of him " over-rating " it, cosmetically .

He virtually rated it as a " 10 " (excellent condition) .

In reality, a " 7 " would be more closer (all of my local friends wholeheartedly agreeded) .

He indicated that he would refund the $ 100 if I would return the VFO .

As per his E-Mail, I returned the VFO .

As usual from Justin " Rapid Response " Korpal, no response .

It required Scott to intervene in order to receive a response from Justin .

This was, initially, back in October .

I have yet to receive any response from Justin .

I guess that you might say that Justin " enjoys " seeing people " suffer " .

This seems to be his pattern .

Maybe if I'm extremely lucky, I just might receive a response of even a payment in the mail by Christmas .

However, I don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed at Christmas time .

Ron
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

As per W2DWR's latest posting in this thread this scumbag has a well established MO. Every once in a while he will actually sell something that he has and intends to ship. When he does he will ASK the other party to post in QTH.COM's feedback forum with the good news and recommend him. That sets him up in business for another few months of ripping off and scamming. I have bought/sold ham radio gear for decades and have never felt it necessary to ask for kind words. It was always my opinion that it went with the license!
w2dwr

Post by w2dwr »

Hi Y'all,

Time for another chapter in the Justin story. I did receive two packages from him yesterday. One was the Johnson VFO and I would agree with a 7 cosmetically but I just wanted one to use with my Challenger so it was fine. The other box had Knight R100A which appeared to be in pretty good condition. Actually, that was a before shipment description. It was shipped in a rather weak box with the receiver just tossed in amongst a whole mess of styrofoam peanuts and not even wrapped in plastic. Obviously, the box got banged around some by UPS and the front frame was bent. Since it wasn't packed to UPS standards, there was no way of going back against them so I will try to take the radio apart and do repairs. Justin did ship as he said he would but Justin didn't so such a hot job packing what he shipped.

All I can say is that I am glad it is over and I know better the next time he advertises. I just hope that if others read this before they buy, they will believe it and be more careful than I.

I would like to thank Scott and all of you for you assistance and support.

Joe W2DWR
W5YMB

W2DWR (JOE)

Post by W5YMB »

Joe,

Just remember . . .

Justin " No Response " Korpal (Ex N9ZDA) made $ 200 on that V. F. O.

$ 100 of your Money plus $ 100 of my Money (Of which he has yet to refund, as promised) .

I would venture to say " they'll be Ice Bergs in Hell " before I see ANY of my $ 100 returned .

If Justin can " pull a Scam " and get away with it, you can bet your life on it that he will do it .

Feel lucky you received anything that you paid for, . . . REAL LUCKY . . .

Ron
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: W2DWR (JOE)

Post by KA9FOX »

W5BS wrote:I would venture to say " they'll be Ice Bergs in Hell " before I see ANY of my $ 100 returned .
I've been working with Justin and his employer to try to clear up all outstanding "issues". His employer asked that a brief summary of the transaction and the requirements to fulfill the transaction be e-mailed to Justin, with a copy to me. If the transaction isn't fulfilled, I'm to report back to his employer.

I asked Joe to do this (e-mail Justin, with a copy to me, with what he needed to clear up this transaction)... he did... and Justin delivered (although it is sad to hear that it was not shipped properly).

On the other hand, when I asked Ron W5BS to perform this simple task... he instead e-mailed me several times about how he'll never see his money, but will not do what was asked

Why wouldn't he send one e-mail to try to recover $100? I don't know.

- Scott KA9FOX
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

How about banning his ads. That would keep new hams out of this loop.
kendoman

spread the word

Post by kendoman »

if he gets banned here, he will just find a new avenue. lets spread the word all over so he cant go somewhere else and do this. first it was ebay, then here. whats next eham??
kendoman

Re: K0RPL / N9ZDA Update Legal Action Process

Post by kendoman »

For the last 4 or so years Justin has not had a good track record. It shouldn't take the threat of legal action in order to get him to send out the merchandise that someone paid for. People who engage in out of state transactions have very limited practical recourse to recover their money. Justin seems to bank on the fact that most people will not follow up on their transactions with him.

If you were to file with small claims court, you would be required to appear in Green Bay and therefore have to absorb the cost of travel as well as legal expenses. Most people, as you can see via eBay, and elsewhere have no choice but to cut their losses and end it with nothing more than a negative feedback. Again, no recourse is felt by Justin, so he just keeps doing it.

Fact: Justin is a liar. If you follow his threads, he makes mention of errors with RPS delivery service. He also makes mention that his Ebay account was hacked. These are the two biggest claims that have proven to be false.

Fact is his Ebay account was closed due to excessive complaints, from what I understand his internet provider athenet was contacted and I beleive that his account with them was also terminated, which would explain the use of his companies email system for his transactions here.

Fact: Justin's records indicate a number of unpaid debts (~$400). Most are the result of traffic forfeitures. As a result since November 2003 his vehicle registration and drivers license have been suspended.

His practices over the last 4 or so years scamming more than a dozen are illegal and are classified as wire fraud and or mail fraud. But the only legal action that Justin has felt thus far has been unrelated to his online transactions. It's my firm beleif that with a record like his until Justin feel the repercussions from his purchasers nothing will change.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

w4amp wrote:How about banning his ads. That would keep new hams out of this loop.
He's been blocked from using the QTH.com Classifieds for some time now. A few months at least.

- Scott KA9FOX
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

Good job.

:D
k8cpa

Interesting....

Post by k8cpa »

w4amp wrote:Good job.

:D

Hi Guys,

Some time ago there was a young man, doing what justin was doing. He paid for it.....with his life.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/6.12/murder.html

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT, in no way, shape or forum, suggesting that anyone do this... But folks... you gotta be careful.

I was around in the newsgroup, REC.RADIO.CB, which this all took place, I used to run a homebased electronics shop. and Yes, I sold CB's and ACC's. and you know something? I got e-mails and calls from the FBI and several news agencies, wanting to know, if I knew anything. it was quite the scare.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Food for thought...

-Chuck K8CPA

...-.- ..
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com
grem467

Post by grem467 »

apparantly he has now decided to infect the for sale section of Batboard.batlabs.com

just wanted to say thanks to whoever came over to give us a heads up... we certainly dont want this kind of crap anymore than you guys do!

marc
grem467

Post by grem467 »

also just found this on batlabs:
You can contact me at

920-606-3700

Justin
hope that helps some of you guys get your stuff/money back
kendoman

wow

Post by kendoman »

I see on batlabs he actually sent this gentleman a radio. well i suppose he has one good feedback so he can sucker more people in. It is interesting he has all of this motorola gear for sale, and works at a motorola dealer. ???? He is actually threatening one of the people he ripped of with a lawsuit of slander because of his warnings on batlabs.
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

I wonder if Baycom is missing a Motorola CDM1550LS Radio?

Just a guess!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kendoman

All eyes on Justin

Post by kendoman »

Here is his history:
http://www.geocities.com/radioscams/justin_korpal.html
For anyone interested
kendoman

k0rpl

Post by kendoman »

I see he is back on ebay again under the screen name k0rpl. I dont know if this is ok to post this here. Just becarefull.
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

Notice the last one listed showing him as seller July 29 2005

"Rcv'd item in no particular hurry, Badgered me for feedback. C-"

I wonder why this guy left him a positive instead of at least a neutral?