WB3AMB Greg Gross

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0EE

WB3AMB Greg Gross

Post by N0EE »

Has anyone dealt with Greg? I have an HF rig listed, and he emails me a reply essentially lecturing me on reality, stupidity, and ham radio economics. His QRZ listing has very few lookups and I'm just wondering if this guy is for real.

John N0EE
kk4aq

john

Post by kk4aq »

you ever hear the old saying " there is one in every bar " ?now you know the rest of the story ! 73 ralph/kk4aq
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Don't leave us hanging
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
K9XR

Re: WB3AMB Greg Gross

Post by K9XR »

I wish I would have read this about six hours ago. Since then I have had one of the most fantastic "tire kicking" sessions ever. I guarantee it won't happen with him again.

Al K9XR

John wrote:Has anyone dealt with Greg? I have an HF rig listed, and he emails me a reply essentially lecturing me on reality, stupidity, and ham radio economics. His QRZ listing has very few lookups and I'm just wondering if this guy is for real.

John N0EE
n9tcb

Post by n9tcb »

Yeah... this idiot responded to one of my ads (Also an HF rig).....

I have a Icom 751A, and I'm asking $600 or best.... and here is what the Jack xxx replied to me...

:roll:
The response is:

Average prices for 751A.751-1985 to 1991. These
are used prices from Universal Radio.
751A...499.95
751....399.95 to 469.95
I wish all of you E-Bay people would just go away.
Being that its Universal's prices I'm sure that they
are the high end prices. You will probably find a
dumb xxx who will read the ridiculous reviews about
this radio and pay you 600.00 for it. I am "the Icom
expert" and for many years.

WOW.... he is a self proclaimed expert on Icoms !! are you impressed ?? I'm not !! I've recently seen a few of these radios going for over $600 on ebay.... So I started my asking there..... He is just mad because he is not going to scam me out of my radio for some stupid low price !!!!

BEWARE OF THIS GUY "WB3AMB - Greg Gross" and avoid him .... Don't let him scam you out of your radio... get top dollar for it !!
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

As the saying goes " to each their own" I am tempted often to comment to folks who are asking ridiculous prices but I do not as its part of the rules of the forum.

If someone responded to one of my post the way this guy does, I would ignore him.
73 -

W1JCW
John
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

n9tcb wrote:Yeah... this idiot responded to one of my ads (Also an HF rig).....

I have a Icom 751A, and I'm asking $600 or best.... and here is what the Jack xxx replied to me...

The response is:

Average prices for 751A.751-1985 to 1991. These
are used prices from Universal Radio.
751A...499.95
751....399.95 to 469.95
I wish all of you E-Bay people would just go away.
Being that its Universal's prices I'm sure that they
are the high end prices. You will probably find a
dumb xxx who will read the ridiculous reviews about
this radio and pay you 600.00 for it. I am "the Icom
expert" and for many years.

WOW.... he is a self proclaimed expert on Icoms !! are you impressed ?? I'm not !! I've recently seen a few of these radios going for over $600 on ebay.... So I started my asking there..... He is just mad because he is not going to scam me out of my radio for some stupid low price !!!!

BEWARE OF THIS GUY "WB3AMB - Greg Gross" and avoid him .... Don't let him scam you out of your radio... get top dollar for it !!
I hate to say it.....but he is right. I always use Universal when they have sold one used, as a pricing guide. Universal minus a few bucks. Plus many times you can see a range of prices for radios missing something, non-working or in fantastic condition.

Ebay is a horrible place to look, there is morons there getting into the competition of the auction who will spend more then new price on a used rig.
Steve - KA9MOT
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

He's right? About what? Is he the QTH ad police? He has no business telling anyone what to ask for anything. Nobody is forcing him to buy anything. He has no business telling anybody to leave. If I could I would tell "Tire Kickers" like him to leave, but he has a right to be here like anyone else, but I will never deal with him. I've had first hand experience with the WB3 and he has no room to criticize ANYONE!

I hate to say it.....but he is right. I always use Universal when they have sold one used, as a pricing guide. Universal minus a few bucks. Plus many times you can see a range of prices for radios missing something, non-working or in fantastic condition.

Ebay is a horrible place to look, there is morons there getting into the competition of the auction who will spend more then new price on a used rig.[/quote]
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

K9XR wrote:He's right? About what? Is he the QTH ad police? He has no business telling anyone what to ask for anything. Nobody is forcing him to buy anything. He has no business telling anybody to leave. If I could I would tell "Tire Kickers" like him to leave, but he has a right to be here like anyone else, but I will never deal with him. I've had first hand experience with the WB3 and he has no room to criticize ANYONE!

Ebay is a horrible place to look, there is morons there getting into the competition of the auction who will spend more then new price on a used rig.
[/quote]

I agree that he should not have voiced his opinion. But his argument that you priced your rig too high is correct. You failed to do the research. Maybe somebody will buy it, but maybe not.

I buy and sell allot of stuff and never use eBay as a resource when seeking value.
Steve - KA9MOT
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

It's what the seller feels it's worth. It doesn't matter who has what prices.
There could be and usually are differences some good some bad between them no matter what the asking price.

It's up to the buyer to do their homework, get pics...lots of pics ask all the questions you want then make an offer or accept the asking price.

I for one do not care what someone else thinks of my asking price or anything else. It's my business and if they don't like it move on and shut the heck up about your expert opinion, if I want an opinion I will ask for it.
73 -

W1JCW
John
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

W1JCW wrote:It's what the seller feels it's worth. It doesn't matter who has what prices.
There could be and usually are differences some good some bad between them no matter what the asking price.

It's up to the buyer to do their homework, get pics...lots of pics ask all the questions you want then make an offer or accept the asking price.

I for one do not care what someone else thinks of my asking price or anything else. It's my business and if they don't like it move on and shut the heck up about your expert opinion, if I want an opinion I will ask for it.

I don't claim to be an expert at anything except maybe Ford Trucks. I do buy and sell allot of stuff online. If a seller wants to sell his stuff, he will do his research to see what his stuff is worth. Otherwise he will constantly re-post his ad over and over again until he decides to drop his price or he finds a buyer who did not do his homework.

The buyer must also do his research, he must know more then what an item is and what it is worth. He must also research his seller because some are crooks.

I agree, WB3AMB should not have sent the nasty emails. If anything he could have been a bunch nicer and probably has some mental issues that need to be resolved.

As for the rubbish about shutting my mouth, This is a public forum. All are encouraged to participate. I won't shut my mouth and your post could and should be considered an attack. If nothing else, it serves to let everybody know your mental state. Speaking of states, does your's have any treatment facilities you can look into?
Steve - KA9MOT