KE4AMQ, Please send the Tarheel I paid for -

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KC9QKX

KE4AMQ, Please send the Tarheel I paid for -

Post by KC9QKX »

Not needing to go into great detail just yet.......but I would appreciate the Tarheel antenna I paid for last Friday - you said you'd ship it Saturday, then Monday - but didnt. Finally, Wednesday, you sent me a tracking number.......but UPS says they have not recieved anything.......so If you wouldn't mind shipping the item I paid for, that would just be great. Would have been better if you'd have shipped Saturday, or even Monday for that matter, as you stated you were going to do - but you obviously didn't. Since you got your $$, I guess following thru is not as important. I don't deal that way, but to each their own. Step up, be responsible, and follow thru. When you tell someone you're going to do something, make an effort to follow thru.
w8jn

shipping

Post by w8jn »

bob,
i agree, i ship within 24 hours of receiving funds unless the buyer and i make other arrangements in advance. if you take an item to a fed ex kinkos, the computer will generate a tracking number but that number often will not hit the system until the driver scans it at pickup. if your seller took it in thurs morning, it probably wont show up until later that evening, however he should have shipped saturday as he promised.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
KC9QKX

Antenna came - it's a sad day here -

Post by KC9QKX »

After a weeks delay, apparently because the seller in this case uses a salvage yard (yes, a salvage yard) for his shipper, the antenna finally came.
Sad day :cry:
The antenna is covered in some black smut - was white, has been Spray Painted black - big wads of silicone on it? Has a trailer 4 pin plug coming out of it? Doesn't go up, junk -
So, I payed in good faith - 2 weeks later recieved a broken spray painted piece of crapola -
I have suggestions to keep any other sucker, I mean buyer, from suffering the same fate.
1. Use Paypal
2. If not, know your seller
3. expect pictures, lots of them
4. ask how seller handles returns when they sell junk
5. if at all possible, especially with this guy, only deal in person, and test item first - to avoid the fate I have suffered.

Yes, I am angry - in my opinion, I paid too much to learn a lesson - hopefully any reader will not have to pay, as I already paid, and the lesson is free to everyone else :?