CAPT JACK, FROM HELENA MT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W9DMW-2

CAPT JACK, FROM HELENA MT

Post by W9DMW-2 »

:oops: HELLO,
To start with, I have a bone to pick with a individual, I will omit his call sign for the time being, so that in the chance he reads this, he will "RESPOND", since he will not return my email's. I purchased a supposed to be in good condition, everything working IC-737A H/F base radio, with antenna tuner, He CAPT JACK, FROM HELENA MT, Stated that the rig was tested and worked fine, "B.S.,", The unit arrived in a so-so condition, but not bad, just needed to be cleaned up, The display was out, and I emailed him back with this concern, . He stated that his tech checked everything out and all was fine, Just go ahead and replace the bulbs, So like a big jackass, i ordered the bulbs from ICOM, They came, and I undertook what I thought to be a easy fix, according to the "GREAT CAPT JACK", Well come to find out, this was not so easy a fix,. In fact, I called Miles @ aes milwaukee, and he told me what was involved with this type of repair, It is a factory / professional service that need's to be done, I believe a 320 pin connector has to be unsoldered from the main display board. I emailed this seller back, and then I got the runaround, I asked for my money back after a few B.S. type email responces from him about how his tech cheked it all out,. The bottom line was he was not willing to do anything about this,. So, I filed a claim with FED-EX, I paid for this service, and when I tryed to submit it I was told by FED-EX, THAT THE SHIPPER HAD TO FILE THE CLAIM, I said O.K., i emailed the Capt back, and was told that I had to, deal with FED-EX, and it was not his problem,
Now the real fun begins, I recontacted FED-EX, They stated that they needed proof of the sale, (I SENT IT), Then they needed what the going selling price was for this vintage radio, ( I SENT IT), Then I needed a letter from the shipping proving I paid for the insurance, Then they wanted the original bill of sale, WELL at that point a blew a gasket, The seller no longer would assist, FED-EX, Stated oh-well, without the shippers approval, claim was denied. "WHAT BULL SH--.", I thought we as hams were a so called brother hood, I guess not,. After being a ham over 25+ years, I started to loose faith in my fellow hams,. I then said the hell with it, I'm stuck, So I sent it to ICOM for repairs, After they checked it out, I was told, that the display was going to be a easy fix for them, but the unit had another concern, ???? NOW WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG ??. They stated that the internal antenna tuner was bad, "GREAT", At this point if the Capt was around, I would have done a big nasty on his A--,. I asked them to look at it and let me know if it could be repaired,. A week went by, and the tech from ICOM called me back, They had went and fixed the radio, and the bill was $287.00, That included the display, realignment, and fixing the antenna tuner, DAMN THAT WAS CHEAP, PLUS THAT INCLUDED SHIPPING. I stated, o.k, and they sent it out via u.p.s, c.o.d., NO PROBLEMS, When the unit arrived, It worked flawless,

I guess with all this I have stated, It would be a good Idea, For us as hams, to be alittle more caring in our dealings with others, In the end, the only person we really cheat, is ourselves,. I believe in honesty / fair play / and utmost integrity, Without these, we are just like the scumbag sellers on ebay, and anyother sites that feed on good people, I will watch myself alot closer, and deal with honest and sincere ham's via a phone conversation,. Or, face to face.
I thank you all for letting me vent, I still get alittle P.O., when I think about this, BUT !!!!!! I'm not done with the "CAPT" YET.

73'S, "GOD BLESS YOU ALL" DON, KA9OOR