W1qj Lou King Conversions The Best

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k4jrc

W1qj Lou King Conversions The Best

Post by k4jrc »

I wanted to say a good word about Lou, he is a expert at taking hf amp and putting
it on six meters, his main line is the Heath Kit SB 220. I sent my 220 to him got
up dates had a quick turn around and the amp plays better than ever. His work is
first class. Check his call on QRZ and that will take you to his web site.

Steve K4JRC

K4JRC
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Lou did an SB-221 conversion for me last fall (2009) and I am super impressed. It was packed extremely well and arrived in perfect condition. The amp looks great inside and out. I'm very impressed and happy (and ready to work some DX this e-skip season!)

- Scott KA9FOX
N8ERM

King conversions:

Post by N8ERM »

I too have one of the SB-220 King Conversions six meter amps. lou is the man. The amp is a beast. I run it at 1300 watts and it never complains.
Terry N8ERM
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Steve, Scott, Terry, Thank you guys for the nice words about my conversions! Scott, it was nice to meet you out at Dayton this year. Talked to you quite a few times on 6 during the June contests. Good luck with the amp. Terry, nice to see you again too. You can see first hand what that kidney transplant did for me!! Thank you too for kind words about the conversions. Steve, good luck with the amp and I hope we have a great e-season. Lou
donate life
k5yy

Post by k5yy »

I have the King Conversion SB220 amp and bought it from a ham who had Lou do the conversion last year. There were some issues, not Lou's fault, like the soft start board coming unglued and shorting out against the bottom of cabinet. Took out a resistor, blew fuses and even had a bleeder resistor develope an arc. Fixed most issues but Lou was helpful with his suggestions and even sent replacement resistors to get me up and running. The soft start board was reattached with double sided tape and I would suggest that after shipping or during extremely hot conditions, please check your soft start board attachment to the chassis underside. Lou was great in his concern for my amp and very responsive to my emails. I had purchased an amp from him, the old SB200 conversion he used to do, and he assisted with tuneup procedures on that amp.. Nice relationship with Lou and greatly appreciated on this end!!
San K5YY
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

Lou and I have been friends for many years. His conversions are top notch.. I've bought stuff from him over the years and never had a problem of any kind with anything I bought..

KM5FL