K0RPL / N9ZDA Legal Action Pending vs Ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA5KHI

K0RPL / N9ZDA Legal Action Pending vs Ham

Post by KA5KHI »

May 3, 20004 Monday
Hello everyone. Before I initiate legal action with the Law-enforcement Center in Green Bay, WI against this individual, I'm going to extend to Him, as a courtesy, to make good. On April 14, 2004 I sent $ 250.00 Bank Money Order # 44057636062 to :
K0RPL / N9ZDA
Justin Korpal
1210 N Danz Ave
Green Bay Wi 54302
phone 920-680-0416
jkorpal@baycominc.com
A.K.A. Guss, Jake, Jacob, OR
Butchie Bob..
I responed to an Ad He posted in QTH.COM as follows :
Kenwood TS-520S w Acc
Greetings:
I have for sale a 10 out of 10 Kenwood TS-520S. This unit has a new driver, and two new finals. Puts out 130 watts Plus on each band. Unit does not have a scratch in it, and has the door on the side over the controls. Unit comes with radio, ac power cord, original manual, and a MC-60 modified desk Microphone. Unit also has a CW filter installed. I am asking 250.00 for this entire setup, ready for you to hook up a antenna, and make contacts around the world. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to call me at anytime. Phone number is 920-471-8008.
Justin K0RPL
Listing #408247 - Submitted on 4/14/04 by Callsign K0RPL
Click Here to Email jkorpal@baycominc.com

I never received a tracking number that He promised He would send and never received the equipement from His Ad in QTH.COM. He did indicate that He received payment from me. After reading the feedback forum, I 've decided to give Him a reasonable time to refund me $ 250.00 or send the equipement.
OR....prosecute Him through legal channels. If your reading this Justin, DO THE RIGHT THING and restore honor and dignity to the ham radio community.
For others that have encountered same experience or dealings with this ham, please forward all information to me that Iam acquiring for evidence.
Respectfully Submitted,
Richard A. Petrilli KA5KHI
( Retired US Navy ) Commercial Pilot
( Registered SC Law-enforcement Security Officer Instructor )
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

It is a shame you didn't read the feedback on this subhuman life form before you dealt with the scumbag. I posted a tip last week in the "safe trading" tip section about phone numbers. I put his in and it only came back with 2 QTH.COM listings (that are still listed!) and no name reference. It is a cellphone clearly. From the tone of some of the postings regarding his legal status, you are going to have to stand in line to get your money back. However, maybe you can get status in a criminal case for internet fraud, interstate fraud, and other fraud statutes.

By the way, next time I head to MB, can you get all the troopers into a mandatory training class? I only need about a 30 minute window of opportunity!