Beware of this scammer reloaded

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
YO3FXL

Beware of this scammer reloaded

Post by YO3FXL »

The scammer strikes again (or maybe a new one), read bellow please. Anyway the real G1EYY has a different email address on qrz.com

"Dear Mihai Gavrila YO3FXL,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "Looking to buy nice Yaesu FL-2100Z amp", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER, you are highly encouraged to:
1) Read our Safe Trading Tips at http://tips.qth.com.
2) Check our Feedback Forum at http://feedback.qth.com to see if the person you are about to deal with has any good or bad feedback from previous dealings.

The response is from:

Name: Dennis Wincup
Callsign: G1EYY
E-mail: denniswincup@gmail.com

The response is:

Hello friend,

I am Dennis Whincup writing from England...I saw your wanted advert and i really want to know if you are still interested,because i have it in a very good condition..Let me know thanks "
W0AAT

Post by W0AAT »

I received an email from this person also. Promptly filed as a scammer.

I am Dennis Whincup writing from England...I saw your wanted advert and i really want to know if you are still interested,because i have it in a very good condition..Let me know thanks

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 820363
Date Ad was Placed: 04/21/10
Name: Mary Brown
Phone Number: email only
Callsign: W0AAT
Category: TOWER