Beware Dan Schryver, W4XXL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Jim1117

Beware Dan Schryver, W4XXL

Post by Jim1117 »

I traded Dan, W4XXL, a very good Yaesu FT-2800M 2 meter radio for a ICOM SM-20 mic that he said worked good. It did not work when I received it. I found out that he knew it was bad before shipping it. He would not trade back or make it right.
Hard to believe a ham that does VE testing would treat another ham that way.
Would i trade or buy from him again? Yes....but only after getting the item and checking it out first!
K9XR

Re: Beware Dan Schryver, W4XXL

Post by K9XR »

I'm Confused!! If he sold you something that turned out not to be what you bargained for and he won't make it right, why in the world would you even THINK about dealing with him again?

Jim1117 wrote:I traded Dan, W4XXL, a very good Yaesu FT-2800M 2 meter radio for a ICOM SM-20 mic that he said worked good. It did not work when I received it. I found out that he knew it was bad before shipping it. He would not trade back or make it right.
Hard to believe a ham that does VE testing would treat another ham that way.
Would i trade or buy from him again? Yes....but only after getting the item and checking it out first!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree why would you be willing to trade or buy from again with some one you admitted screwed you ? Whats wrong with this picture???
Larry Huff K0pd
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

I would be more comfortable if "Jim" would post his call sign. :shock:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

W4XXL is a crook, no 2 ways about it. If you google his call on the feedback forum, you will see the real "sour deal" I had with him. Despite all the evidence he never made things right with me. He always uses "I am not technical" as an excuse for selling broken stuff. Sad, very sad.
donate life
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

W1QJ wrote:Donate Life .
Just curious and off topic . May I ask what you mean by that ?
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

DONATE LIFE refers to consider being an organ donor. Because I had a kidney transplant that saved my life last year 6/25/09 and subsequently my wife donated a kidney to someone on 10/29/09 which saved someone's else's life I have become a advocate of organ donation either live or on your drivers license in the event of death. You have no idea what it means to someone unless it happens to you. Thanks to my nephew and my wife, they saved 2 lives. it's not everyday someone can say they saved a life in that sort of way.
donate life
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

W1QJ wrote:DONATE LIFE refers to consider being an organ donor. Because I had a kidney transplant that saved my life last year 6/25/09 and subsequently my wife donated a kidney to someone on 10/29/09 which saved someone's else's life I have become a advocate of organ donation either live or on your drivers license in the event of death. You have no idea what it means to someone unless it happens to you. Thanks to my nephew and my wife, they saved 2 lives. it's not everyday someone can say they saved a life in that sort of way.
Congratulations , hoping all is well, That's what I thought you meant. Just wasn't sure. I don't know what it means to receive, but I do wear a 12 inch incision from the base of my sternum to the bottom of my ribcage. The result of a kidney donation 26 years ago. Qute a miracle. Too many people think dialysis is a cure for kidney failure. To have a loved one on dialysis is to know otherwise.

Another organ in constant need is blood. Donate when you can!

Sorry for the off topic , an important subject whenever..