REMOVING SMOKE SMELL FROM RADIOS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4PIG

REMOVING SMOKE SMELL FROM RADIOS

Post by W4PIG »

can anybody give me any information on how to remove the smell of cigarette smoke smell from radios 73s dew4pig
wx1f

Re: REMOVING SMOKE SMELL FROM RADIOS

Post by wx1f »

W4PIG wrote:can anybody give me any information on how to remove the smell of cigarette smoke smell from radios 73s dew4pig
One wash cycle and two drying cycles in your dishwasher. Makes em squeaky clean and smelling nice. Of course....it will never work again but at least the smoke smell is gone. :twisted:
wa4wip

Smoke removal

Post by wa4wip »

1. Take radio to be de-smoked
2. Insert in a large plastic bag
3. Throw in a couple of laundry dryer sheets
4. Tie bag closed for 24 hours
5. After 24 hours smoke smell will be gone or very much reduced
It works for me - give it a try - Dick WA4WIP
AE4SH

de-smoke

Post by AE4SH »

take covers off and wash with contact cleaner, but check to make sure cleaner will not attack the plastic, then let dry in a warm place , the sun works best , then place in a plastic bag with a couple of dryer sheets for 2 to 3 days.
the smoke will be gone.
on older rigs , remove tubes and use a home steam cleaner and steam the chassis being careful of any waxed coils.
it works for me.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

thanks for the information will give it a try 73s