Bad Deal, WB7OKN, Stan Hansen

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n8cbc

Bad Deal, WB7OKN, Stan Hansen

Post by n8cbc »

Based in part on the fine feedback listed here, I bought a radio from Stan Hansen, WB7OKN. His advertised tag of guaranteed items was also a consideration.
I received the receiver and it was as advertised, and it worked as it should. Within 24 hours the AC adapter failed mechanically, not electrically, losing contact intermittently with the rotating AC plug blades.
When I notified Mr. Hansen of the problem his only response was that it was ok when it left him. I informed Mr. Hansen I did not want to return the receiver under his "guarantee", but the AC adapter was no good. He repeated that it worked there.

Its not a big deal, but I would say if something is "guaranteed" it should work longer than 24 hours before failure. IMHO, Mr. Hansen should have offered to replace the defective adapter, but chose not to respond to the problem in two different emails.
I would be hesitant to put faith in Mr. Hansen's word in the future.
W9DMW-2

Just My 2 cents...

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Good Morning to all, But to Tom, I must reply. This is just my opinion on this, If it were to happen to me. Being that the item did arrive as stated, And you were Happy with it, Is it not possible that Stan was telling you the truth?. To me it seems like he was. Again, Just my opinion here. The item came undamaged, Works well per your own statement to that fact, But the Power wart, Supply, Whatever Failed. Being that this was NOT a new item, And had some age on it, Could this have been a normal happening?. Who is to say how long a USED item will last?. The fact that it did come intact, Worked, But failed seems to be normal do to it's age and or prior use. No one can fully warranty how long some older, Used electrical or mechanical part will last.
I understand that you feel like this part should be replaced, But by whom is the real issue. If it were ME, And again just Me, I would ask you to get a price on a replacement, Or I could do it, And then split the cost 50/50. That is what I would do. But then again, I am not the seller, And it did arrive working as stated. As we all know, Age plays Hell on us all, Well it does for electrical / Mechanical components also. You stated it was no big thing !!!! Yet you are making it one by know asking others to beware of Stan. In all fairness, recontact Stan and talk to him. I think it might do some good.
This is really a VERY small concern. Your post also stated that, And you want to keep the receiver. Hope you both can work this out,

TNX Don W9DMW :lol: