Warning KC2MIB - Courtney Williams

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N2HFL

Warning KC2MIB - Courtney Williams

Post by N2HFL »

This man does not ship when Paypal is received. He transfers the payment to his personal account AND WAITS FOR CLEARANCE before shipping. BE Cautious when dealing with this guy.
73s De N2HFL,

Kenneth L Capasso MPM, MPsy
W9DMW-2

Waiting for clearance

Post by W9DMW-2 »

First of all, This is just my opinion, Personally with Paypal, I see nothing wrong transferring the funds to your personal bank account, that way you know the funds are there, I have had people pay for the items, Then turn around and cancel the payment, Strange as it may sound. I just do not see your concern here, Based on the facts you have given. I would ask, How long has it been since you made payment for the item?. Then as we all know, How was the payment made, Via a Credit card, E-check, From Paypal balance, Unknown, This was not stated. I'm not saying you do not have cause here, Just your facts are not very clear. Have you talked to the seller?. And what was his comments on the matter. I personally make sure the paypal funds clear my account before shipping, Unless I have done deals with the buyer before, And have established a rapport with them. Please understand, I am taking no sides, Just based on the data given, This may be a normal transaction. Now that being said, Anything passed 10 days is a form of concern in my book. Just my pinion only.
Hope everything works out for both parties concerned. :lol:

73's To All, Don W9DMW

"GOD BLESS US ALL" .-.-.-
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree with Don as there are a lot of people who use Pay Pal that transfer the funds to there acct before shipping which is not much different than if you had mailed him a CHeck. Is it possible you used the elctronic Check transfer with pay pal? At this conjecture i see no problem other than a delay of shipping in which you were expecting to be quicker. Now if a couple of weeks to a Month goes by and no received item i would post a complaint but so far no damage yet.
Larry Huff K0pd
kc2mib

WARNING: LID/QUACK BUYER.

Post by kc2mib »

"This man does not ship when Paypal is received. He transfers the payment to his personal account AND WAITS FOR CLEARANCE before shipping. BE Cautious when dealing with this guy."

Can you believe this guy? I placed my ad, the fellow said he is interested. He paid via PayPal on a weekend. I called him the next business day which was Monday and told him PayPal gave me a notice that It'll take 2-3 business days to transfer the funds and I'm going to wait until then as someone paid me PayPal before on a weekend and cancelled their transaction on the next business day. Unbeknown to me I went ahead and shipped the item in good faith only to find out way later that the transaction was cancelled on the buyer side. Anyway, Mr Lid here went ape sh!* on the phone when I said 'wait' because he need the item to install an antenna for the next weekend and it was customary for shipment after PayPal transaction is initiated and that he was going to post a feedback on my practice. He didn't even gave me the courtesy to listen to what I had to say, he hung up his phone. The item was shipped to him the Wednesday and from tracking info I have, he recieved it the Friday of the same week. Time of PayPal transaction to delivery notice was 5 business days. This fellow is a bonafide LID. And I am sorry I had to deal with him. If you look/listen closely to his rant you can see that he left out pertainent info about the conversation only to make a fellow ham look bad. Shame on you Mr Capasso, that was absolutely uncalled for. I hope the product assisted you in getting you aerial up and running. Next time listen and be more patient. Good luck and God bless.[/b]
N2HFL

Post by N2HFL »

The story of how payment was cancelled has no bearing upon this deal. You not only waited until the funds were transferred in to your Paypal account but also out of your Paypal account into your personnal bank account. before shipping. That is not the custom. I could understand waiting to see the money in your paypal account --- but you needed more - you needed to make me wait unnecessarially.

Additionally, you couldn't avoid name calling .... could you. That is just so juvenile. It really says something about your lack of education, common curtesy and total absence of sophistication.

Yes, you are ill suitedd to be a member of this fine amateur radio fraturnity. And, you may rest assured that this will be the last time I make ANY exchange with you.

I await your apology for your disgraceful actions.
73s De N2HFL,

Kenneth L Capasso MPM, MPsy
Hammyguy

Post by Hammyguy »

It makes very little difference with the wait time for transfer.

Paypal has access to your checking account and can do an immediate transfer of funds in case of a refund. If for some reason you don't have enough funds available then they will go after the backup funding source. Typically a credit card.

So unless you run down to the ATM or bank and empty the money out when it immediately comes in, they still can grab the money.

This argument just doesn't cut the mustard. You received the money into your Paypal account. Sitting on the funds while they electronically transfer is unfair to the buyer.

Hell he might as well have sent you a money order first class. He has every reason to be pissed off. Paypal is used for the convenience of both buyer and seller. You got the money instantly. He should have had the item shipped the next day.