W9TWR Jerry, my deal with him

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
scott_n2ddd

W9TWR Jerry, my deal with him

Post by scott_n2ddd »

I have the long string of e-mails, but here are
"Just the facts......"

8/09 - Bought a transceiver from Jerry.
It didn't work properly.
He said to send it to Kenwood and he would pay the bill.

9/4/09 - The repair cost ($399.92) was more than he had at the time so I paid the bill and he agreed to reimburse me in about 2-3 weeks.
I e-mailed him once a month or so just to touch base with him.

1/7/10 - He sent me $100 towards the repair and I appreciated it!

2/5/10 - The last e-mail I received from Jerry - I've tried to get a hold of him several times since then, but there were no responses. I told him I would be posting here on the feedback forum and hope he joins in. I would just like the rest of my money or at least some communication from him.

Thanks, Scott N2DDD
w8jn

the truth

Post by w8jn »

jerry,
lots of he said she said stuff here. hard to tell who is telling the truth. all the other hams and i will pass judgment when scott posts that you have sent him final payment for repairs. so the question is, "when will you send him the balance and take care of your obligation?" this is the only issue that needs to be addressed.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Jerry i just finished reading all the BS you stated in WN8BOB's thread on his experience with you and all your answers. You made your self out as the Saint of Ham operators and now this thread shows up. Same Problem and same promises . Your like a used car salesman all promises no action. You owe Scott the money so if your so straight and honest then why is Scott still waiting 6 months after your "guarantee" and professed honesty.
Larry Huff K0pd
GALAXY67

W9TWR/BAD DEAL

Post by GALAXY67 »

Now those of you can seewho the real bad guy was on our deal we had,I was taken good,I was also promised he would pay iff I sent the radio to Kenwood,that was a good one,I knew then at sometime this would catch up with Jerry,now it has....WN8BOB BOB
scott_n2ddd

Still waiting

Post by scott_n2ddd »

It's been a year since I received any reimbursement from Jerry W9TWR, so I thought I would update this thread.
On 10/29/10 he contacted me with a new e-mail address and explained that things came up, he had to move, was now settled, and would send me some money via Paypal.
Unfortunately, I never heard from him again.
So that's where our deal stands at this time.
$299.92 still owed.
A little communication goes a long way in my book.
I will certainly update this if he sends more money.
Thanks,
Scott N2DDD
k2gto

2 year update

Post by k2gto »

It's been 2 years since I received any reimbursement from Jerry Boling W9TWR, so I thought I would update this thread.
His last e-mail communication was 10/29/10.
I've been e-mailing his known addresses once a month,
but never receive a reply.
So that's where our deal stands at this time.
$299.92 still owed.
A little communication goes a long way in my book.
I will certainly update this if he sends more money.
Thanks,
Scott K2GTO (previous call N2DDD)
k2gto

Re: W9TWR Jerry, my deal with him

Post by k2gto »

UPDATE - On 6/23/12 Jerry Boling W9TWR sent me $50.
I haven't heard from him since.
Now $249.92 still owed.
Will update this thread if/when he sends more money.
Scott K2GTO
k2gto

Post by k2gto »

4 more years have passed since the last contact from Jerry Boling W9TWR. He still owes me $249.92. His QRZ e-mail address and the others I have for him are all invalid. If anyone reading this has a valid e-mail address for him please let me know. Thanks, Scott K2GTO
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE'S SOMETHING CALLED THE "STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS".

In most jurisdictions, IT'S TWO YEARS FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT HOMICXIDE (NO LIMITATION) AND OTHER SELECT OFFENCES.

FORGET IT!!! THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ANY MORE!
w9twr

Post by w9twr »

Transaction details
Print
Payment sent to Scott Copeland
May 7, 2018 at 10:08:16 PM PDTTransaction ID: 9T8787465V5919411
Payment Status: COMPLETED
Payment Type: Personal Payment
Gross amount
-$250.00 USD
Your Payment
Gross Amount-$250.00 USD
PayPal Fee-$7.42 USD
Net Amount-$257.42 USD
Contact info
Scott Copeland
The receiver of this payment is Verified
hounddog0_6@yahoo.com
Payment Sent tok2gto@yahoo.com
Note from Scott CopelandSorry so long. Paid in full
Funding details
Funding Type: Card
Funding Source: -$252.96 USD - VISA ending in x-5151
This transaction will appear on your bill as PAYPAL *HOUNDDOG06
Funding Type: PayPal Balance
Funding Source: -$4.46 USD - PayPal Account
Need help?
Go to the Resolution Center for help with this transaction, to settle a dispute or to open a claim.

Help
Contact
Sitemap
Fees
Security
About
Developers
Partners
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
k2gto

Post by k2gto »

Hi Jerry, long time no hear, thank you for the payment last year, it's funny I'm thanking you for fulfilling your obligation.
Any potential buyer of goods from W9TWR needs to pay attention to the dates in this thread.
I emailed him regularly, according to his qrz email address.
Zero communication.
Proceed with caution , buyer beware, hopefully he's turned over a new leaf.
w9twr

Post by w9twr »

Hi Scott, I hope your doing well. I could make all kinds of excuses for taking so long to get you paid...divorce..moving...lost logins..and about 50 others....still...there is no real excuse for it. So please just accept my apology. Was never meant to stretch out, or make you think I was trying to get away without paying. 73 and a Happy upcoming Holiday season to you and yours.
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES