KG4HCE buyer beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KE5HTB

KG4HCE buyer beware

Post by KE5HTB »

I tried to give this guy a break after reading the other review about his deals. well guess what I should have listened to the other review.

Listing Number: 812355
Date Ad was Placed: 03/20/10
Name: Dana Edward Bowling
Phone Number: 606-639-9697
Callsign: KG4HCE
Category: POWERSUP
Heading: DuraCom LPBC-25 Battery Backup Module
Ad Message:
I have a DuraCom LPBC-25 Battery Backup Module for sale. It
features: • Dual shottky diodes provide protective isolation and
seamless transfer to battery when power goes down. No relays to fail.
• LPBC-25 automatically provides float charge, battery maintenance
when power is restored.
It is Suitable Battery to Any LP Series Power Supply to Provide
Solid State Battery Back-Up.

OK when I recieved the pkg it was so badly pkg'd it was unreal. it was in a food box from some pkg in his freezer and crammed so tight into the box it was damaged and the connector broke off. not a HUGE deal just replaced that part easy enough.

then I went to try and use the unit. course I noticed the Power Supply wire hookups were gone now also. the connectors were there just all wires were removed and they guy could have at least said hey how the wires this way to reconnect it again nothing about no wires was ever mentioned. again not a HUGE deal to redo wires and use my power poles anyways which I had planned on installing anyways. Now I just need to find a wire diagram to know 100% where I am hooking the PS to. I am 98% sure but that 2% can make a loud BOOM !! if I am wrong.

NOW I am wondering if this thing even works at all . but again its buyer beware and I am happy it wasnt some 1000.00 radio deal gone this way.
I did get the pkg at least , slow shipping, but it did make it.

again buyer beware is best I can offer on this buy. I recomend more pictures if you can and such. his emails were shut off after I made the buy so no email messages, but his phone number was good as advertised and he does answer and reply that way. he did not hide or anything just did not tell it 100% truth on what he was selling..

he will learn hams don't rip off hams if you do your days are numbered selling ANYTHING online at least.

Fred
ke5htb