martyn

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Well Steve(KA9MOT) i did have a problem with him two times. First was a long time ago i bought a power supply from him and he called it like new no dings or scratches and when i got it the back side was very rusty and no dings but there were scratches. I never sent it back as the shipping both ways would have ended up almost as what i paid for it. The second time like N0vpd he bought a radio a little HF radio from me on a last second bid. He paid me promptly with pay pal and two weeks later filed a did not receive item paid for claim. I was able of course to prove him wrong and he did end the complaint. So yes i have had a problem with him and like every body else why should'nt he have to use more than just a first name for ID. I also understand N0vdp's point he's making about being srcewed but the only real difference is i don't talk about what i'd do i just do it and let my actions speak for them selves. OK now i hope i've explained my self on all this.
Larry Huff K0pd
N0VPD

to K0pd

Post by N0VPD »

very well put. i dont think about what i would do either. i was just trying to explain to some of the (brain dead) on here. not you of course. oh well. have a good one.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

In the 20 years plus accepting Personal Checks , and I mean 20 to 30 a month , I have NEVER had a bank say "I can't give you the information" , all you do is call the bank , ask them to "verify the funds are present" , they will NOT tell you how much or whatever is in his/her account, JUST that the amount you TELL them that is on YOUR check and has "FUNDS AVAILABLE"...

Even if you DON'T call , you deposit it , wait until it clears. Unlike Paypal , MO's and Bank Checks , once it clears they simply can't go pull back the funds.

Get the facts straight...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N0VPD

to N4ATS

Post by N0VPD »

once again let me straighten out another "know it all". first of all, all banks DO NOT confirm funds. second, so what if they confirm that the funds are there? by the time the check actually gets there to be paid, the funds may not be there. ALSO, A CHECK CAN FLOAT AROUND FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS. THIS WAS TOLD TO ME BY THE SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF A MAJOR BANK. UNLESS YOUR SMARTER AND OR MORE EDUCATED IN THE BANKING BUSINESS I SUGGEST THAT YOU "GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT". ENOUGH OF THESE IDIOTIC POSTS FROM YOU PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. LETS MOVE ON.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

K0pd wrote:Well Steve(KA9MOT) i did have a problem with him two times. First was a long time ago i bought a power supply from him and he called it like new no dings or scratches and when i got it the back side was very rusty and no dings but there were scratches. I never sent it back as the shipping both ways would have ended up almost as what i paid for it. The second time like N0vpd he bought a radio a little HF radio from me on a last second bid. He paid me promptly with pay pal and two weeks later filed a did not receive item paid for claim. I was able of course to prove him wrong and he did end the complaint. So yes i have had a problem with him and like every body else why should'nt he have to use more than just a first name for ID. I also understand N0vdp's point he's making about being srcewed but the only real difference is i don't talk about what i'd do i just do it and let my actions speak for them selves. OK now i hope i've explained my self on all this.
And that I understand........But that is not what you posted:
K0pd wrote: received the following message from Martyn on March 18 after i had made the remark asking him why not use his business name radio mart when he first posted a statement about a deal he had back then. Now let me first say is if he did block me from bidding which i have no way of knowing as i do not bid on his stuff, so if he did he did me a favor to help stop any insanity i may exhibit. But this is a typical response you will get from him if you leave him bad feed back or what ever one does he does not like.......Larry Huff K0pd
See, There is a difference
Steve - KA9MOT
N4ATS

Re: to N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

N0VPD wrote:once again let me straighten out another "know it all". first of all, all banks DO NOT confirm funds. second, so what if they confirm that the funds are there? by the time the check actually gets there to be paid, the funds may not be there. ALSO, A CHECK CAN FLOAT AROUND FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS. THIS WAS TOLD TO ME BY THE SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF A MAJOR BANK. UNLESS YOUR SMARTER AND OR MORE EDUCATED IN THE BANKING BUSINESS I SUGGEST THAT YOU "GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT". ENOUGH OF THESE IDIOTIC POSTS FROM YOU PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. LETS MOVE ON.
I base my findings off true experiance.... Sorry

Bill
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

N0VPD wrote:theres been NO threats made against anyone. this is a prime example of what you people do. you read only what you want to read and not the entire piece. i have made no threats against anyone in particular. all i said was that "if anyone screwes me over they will wish they hadnt". if you dont want to deal with me, fine dont. its because i post my own personal feelings that you and others cant seem to accept . thats your problem. personally i could care less if you or anyone else buys my items. if i sell them, fine. if i dont i will either give them away or throw them away. you people need to wake up, learn how to read, and stand up for yourselves when the need arises. to all those who are not "upset" at what i wrote, i apoligize for the ignorance of the few who have their shorts in a wad. have a nice day.
Why do you try to make me the bad guy? You accepted the guys payment and refused to ship. You aren't out anything, not even time, yet you run here and cry like somebody robbed you. You weren't even inconvenienced.
N0VPD wrote:well i am not, i repeat NOT going to get screwed by him or anyone else. not to sound like some kind of XXXXX, but if he or anyone else screwes me over i WILL find the guy and personally pay him or her a visit. i guarantee that he or she will never do it to anyone else again. i hate people that do these kind of things to honest hard working people. they need to be stopped for good. i know this sounds like i am blowing hot air but i am not. a guy many years ago did stick it to me and i found him and he has never, to my knowledge or anyone elses knowledge, did it again.
No threat? That certainly looks threatening as does this:
N0VPD wrote:i dont, never have, and never will make idle threats. i tell it like it is and like it should be. i am not passive like most people in this country. if you treat me right, i treat you right. an eye for an eye, do unto others, treat as you want to be treated. get it?
Here you say you do not make idle threats, but instead tell it like it is. Sounds pretty threatening to me.

I have not come here to attack you. I just felt you were being a little unreasonable and said so. I certainly am not upset, although you seem to be.
Steve - KA9MOT
NY7Q

Post by NY7Q »

Sheeech, just send the G-d check back and be done with it..
This is ridiculous......posting all this crap and getting all these people up tight and for whatZ??? SEND THE CHECK BACK.

I HAVE 30 YEARS OF BANK MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE, AND I CAN TELL YOU, ,,,,YOUR SOURCE OF INFO IS INCORRECT.....SURE THE BANKS SOMETIMES DON'T VERIFY, BUT THEY SURE AS HELL CLEAR A CHECK AND YOU CAN GET THAT INFO.......SO,,,,WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?????
sHEEECH, THIS IS STUPID.......I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING THIS CRAP....
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.
N0VPD

to KA9MOT

Post by N0VPD »

i'm not upset at all. in fact i get a big kick out of seeing people get all upset when i make statements. please tell me where i made any threats against anyone. they always take it completely out of context and only dwell on certain words in the statement. i must say that you and a few others have not disappointed me. upset? riled up? po'd? none of these. there always seems to be someone who makes statements that show their ignorance. i am not referring to you in particular but if the shoe fits? i get a huge laugh out of people that seem to have nothing better to do than make a big federal case out of nothing. i am not crying or complaining about a bad deal, i just said that i got a check and am holding the unit till i feel its ok to ship. i will ship it. i have no intention of keeping his money and not ship. i have sold and bought many times on here and had no problems. dont you people have a life? is this the extent of your day to make stupid idiotic statements about something thats really no of your business? i feel sorry for the dull boring lives you must lead.
NY7Q

Post by NY7Q »

IF ITS NO ONES BUSINESS, THEN WHY FOR SAKES POST ON A PUBLIC FORUM?????
COME ONE,,,,,,BE REAL,,,,,DON'T THROW IT OFF ON OTHERS......
ARE YOU REALLY A AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR??????
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.
N0VPD

to ny7q

Post by N0VPD »

i dont know banking so maybe your right and my source is wrong. i did call his bank and was told that they (the bank) will not give out any info on availability or payment. why? i don't know. this will be my last post on this subject. as far as my other posts, they were put here due to the posts of the others answering my original post. have a nice day and thanks for your input ny7q
N0VPD

ny7q

Post by N0VPD »

yes i am really an amateur radio operator