kf4dss - Darell Bratcher stole money again

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Gilles

kf4dss - Darell Bratcher stole money again

Post by Gilles »

Hi ,

I responded to an add on this site to buy 2 tm-d710, I sent the money 888.00 and he never shipped the units. I will be calling the local police department and getting the feds involve, also I would suggest that he should be banned from this site.
:evil:
kf4dss1

he did get both radio i have shipping papers to prove it

Post by kf4dss1 »

i don't why you put this on here you got both ken-woods radio this is slander please remove you posts on this , i have all paper work on this even Frankfort police has all paper work on this if its not removed i will sue you for slander ,oh by the way Canada and us have the same trading laws so remove this asap
W1JCW

Re: he did get both radio i have shipping papers to prove i

Post by W1JCW »

kf4dss1 wrote:i don't why you put this on here you got both ken-woods radio this is slander please remove you posts on this , i have all paper work on this even Frankfort police has all paper work on this if its not removed i will sue you for slander ,oh by the way Canada and us have the same trading laws so remove this asap
His post was April 1st !!

Where the heck have you been ??

Long before you claim to have made good on the deal and you are posting July 22 !! DUH !!

You need to send him an email or phone call and ask him to update this post
with the out come which is many months later.

You screwed up to start with, all he is obligated to do is update the post. He
does not have to retract anything. You cannot bring suit against anyone with
the poor credibility you have.
Gilles

Ok this is an Update for Darell Bratcher

Post by Gilles »

Ok here is an update,
yes I did receive the radios but to my surprised when I received them, first off it cost me 130$ shipping !!!! For a small box that was the size of a shoe box.

I am extremely dissatisfied for the following reasons.

1- What was advertised was not what I received,
2- I spent billable time to chase these radios, (self employed)
3- Made costly phone calls to the authority to find my $800/ radios
4- When I received the radios one of them was so dirty that it had Coca-Cola spilt all over the radio, mic cord, inside the mic and the control head , fortunately the radios test ok as per spec on the test set .
5- The following parts where missing
1- manuals / cd'd
2- Head control bracket
3- mounting bracket
4- rf filters
5- screws for both radios
6- Microphone hook X2
7- Mounting bracket for the control head x2 the one I received was al bent the shits
8- Lead wires x2 for aprs

all of theses parts cost me $150 with shipping so for those of you that don’t know how to add this is the total , $800 for the radios $130 for shipping, it should only cost $35 at the very most plus $150 for parts that is = more than 2 new radio so I was robed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for this to be fully resolved the parts and shipping would have to be reimburse fully with a 25% premium of the radio to cover the long distances and pain.

Regards
:twisted: :evil:
W1JCW

Re: Ok this is an Update for Darell Bratcher

Post by W1JCW »

What a joke absolutely shameful !!

There is no way I would have agreed to any shipping that high.

Why did you pay $130 ??

The total dirt bag made such a total mess out of the equipment then thinks
someone wants his trash...

WOW !!

Gilles I remember we spoke about this dirt bag back when..what a mess
73 -

W1JCW
John
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

W1JCW wrote:What a joke absolutely shameful !!

Why did you pay $130 ??

WOW !!

I'll bet he paid $130 because he is in Canada and Canadian Customs has a nasty tendency to collect Duties.
Steve - KA9MOT
kf4dss1

Post by kf4dss1 »

[quote="Gilles"]Ok here is an update,
yes I did receive the radios but to my surprised when I received them, first off it cost me 130$ shipping !!!! For a small box that was the size of a shoe box.

I am extremely dissatisfied for the following reasons.

4- When I received the radios one of them was so dirty that it had Coca-Cola spilt all over the radio, mic cord, inside the mic and the control head , fortunately the radios test ok as per spec on the test set .
1- manuals / cd'd
2- Head control bracket
3- mounting bracket
4- rf filters
6- Microphone hook X2
7- Mounting bracket for the control head x2 the one I received was al bent the shits

all of theses parts cost me $150 with shipping so for those of you that don’t know how to add this is the total , $800 for the radios $130 for shipping, it should only cost $35 at the very most plus $150 for parts that is = more than 2 new radio so I was robed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for this to be fully resolved the parts and shipping would have to be reimburse fully with a 25% premium of the radio to cover the long distances and pain.

bull s**t it didnt cost 130 to ship these radios and you know this by usps
kf4dss1

Post by kf4dss1 »

KA9MOT wrote:
W1JCW wrote:What a joke absolutely shameful !!

Why did you pay $130 ??

WOW !!

I'll bet he paid $130 because he is in Canada and Canadian Customs has a nasty tendency to collect Duties.
it had to be becuse i sent from the post office and a new tmd-710 cost you 530.00 us a for one radio i dont have a clue why it would be 130 for shipping that was not my fault i onley paid 15.00 to ship to his qth dam glad i live in usa if canade chargs that much
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Not excusing the seller from any wrong doing, The buyer seems to have some fault as well......

As mentioned the $130 was probably Import Duties owed to Canada (Based on the value of the package). The delay was probably because Canadian Customs held the package until the Duties was paid. I am sure the buyer is aware of the Duties.

I see no callsign for buyer....What is your callsign

Buyers gripes:

1- manuals / cd'd
2- Head control bracket
3- mounting bracket
4- rf filters
6- Microphone hook X2

My Response by number:

1. I'd be mad as hell.

2. That sux...but were your radios delayed by Customs? I've sold and purchased many items in Canada and the wait is usually long....very long. I'll not sell to and try not to buy from Canadians anymore because of it.

3. See number 2.

4. See number 1

5. See number 1

5.1 Free download from Kenwood's Site

5.2. Uses same set-up as TS-480...less then $20 plus shipping and duties.

5.3. See 5.2

5.4. S'posed to have them.

5.5. $3 before shipping and Canadian Import Duties

5.6. Your Joking...right?

5.7. See 5.2.

5.8. $6 at Radio Shack.

All that said, I think the buyer is making the matter worse then it already is. I'd wait for a callsign from the buyer before condemning the seller completely.

I'd not buy anything form this seller either.
Steve - KA9MOT
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Never ever have anything shipped into Canada by UPS. The brokerage fees are horrendous. And add to that the Canadian taxes (HST 13% now in Ontario), totally absurd. I have everything shipped by the USPS, from those of you nice enough to still ship to Canada.

73 es gud dx
VE3TMT
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

The buyer is okay as I have dealt with him in the past.
73 -

W1JCW
John