KF4TUN Jim Simmons BEWARE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5ORU

KF4TUN Jim Simmons BEWARE

Post by N5ORU »

In July of 2003 I posted on one of the heathkit boards a for sale or trade on both of my Heathkit HW-101's. I received a reply from Jim Simmons KF4TUN that he would fix one of the radios and for payment he would keep one of the radios. After several excuses and promises I still do not have a radio. I have requested several times that he return everything and I would find someone else to fix the radios or sell them for parts. I have researched this individual and found several sites posting similar complaints. Moral of the story: Be sure to research an individual before trusting them. I am from the old school that you can trust a Ham, that has changed now.

I hope someone learns from my mistake!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading,

Mark N5ORU