N8YHY CHRIS SCOTT IS A RIP-OFF ARTIST AND A FILTHY PIG

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9XR

N8YHY CHRIS SCOTT IS A RIP-OFF ARTIST AND A FILTHY PIG

Post by K9XR »

Chris Scott N8YHY had a receiver for sale on QTH.COM the other day. It seemed like a decent price even though it had a crack about 1" in the glass. I think he called it a "chip". I told him I would take it and to figure out the shipping to my Zip Code. This receiver weighs less than 20LB. packed and will fit in a box about 16x16x16 with plenty of room for packing material. The value was $165.00 and he is less than 300 miles from me. Well Chris emailed me and told me the shipping would be $32.43.

I ship quite a bit and I know for a fact that is a ridiculous amount for shipping in this particular case. I then told him that I would pass on the radio. I did this because I no longer trusted him. He then said he would "eat" the $12.43 and just charge $20.00. Wow! What a bargain. Before I could even answer him he sent me another email and told me to "forget it, it's already sold". I emailed him and said "GOOD!". I guess he didn't care for my last comment because he knew that he had been caught trying to make money on the shipping, so he sent me one more email in which he told me to perform a xxxxxxxx on him.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. I sent him one more email and told him that he might consider apologizing for that last email. I have heard nothing from him and I don't believe I gave him any reason to be so vile with me. I guess these are the kind of "bad actors" that we have to deal with now. Boy, how things have changed in the last 45 years.

So be WARNED! This guy is a real piece of work and seems like the perfect example of the type of guy to stay away from.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

thanks for the warning!!!!!!!!!
lasernerd KE7VDP

Post by lasernerd KE7VDP »

W4PIG wrote:thanks for the warning!!!!!!!!!
X2!
gross!
Mark Kriska KE7VDP
KES LASER Light Shows
N5IZ

shipping

Post by N5IZ »

have you shipped any items lately..posted went up.i ship all the time and seem like everytime its a diff price at same state,,,
73 ray n5iz
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Ray i've shipped a couple of items lately and i agree there has been some cost increases but not that high for a PKG less than 20 pounds. I honestly don't believe K9XR would have complained if a person went over there shipping cost a couple of dollars but for the seller to use that type of language tells you a lot about the person's morals.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

go figure

Post by w8jn »

why someone would trash their reputation for $20???? hard to figure.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
K9XR

IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS ALSO A LIAR

Post by K9XR »

I know this is hard to believe but it appears that my buddy CHRIS SCOTT N8YHY is also a LIAR. Remember that receiver that he had but told me it was sold? Well he has it listed again. Oh wait maybe this is another one that he has that has a "SMALL CHIP IN THE GLASS". Yep, that's it!!!

K9XR wrote:Chris Scott N8YHY had a receiver for sale on QTH.COM the other day. It seemed like a decent price even though it had a crack about 1" in the glass. I think he called it a "chip". I told him I would take it and to figure out the shipping to my Zip Code. This receiver weighs less than 20LB. packed and will fit in a box about 16x16x16 with plenty of room for packing material. The value was $165.00 and he is less than 300 miles from me. Well Chris emailed me and told me the shipping would be $32.43.

I ship quite a bit and I know for a fact that is a ridiculous amount for shipping in this particular case. I then told him that I would pass on the radio. I did this because I no longer trusted him. He then said he would "eat" the $12.43 and just charge $20.00. Wow! What a bargain. Before I could even answer him he sent me another email and told me to "forget it, it's already sold". I emailed him and said "GOOD!". I guess he didn't care for my last comment because he knew that he had been caught trying to make money on the shipping, so he sent me one more email in which he told me to perform a xxxxxxxx on him.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. I sent him one more email and told him that he might consider apologizing for that last email. I have heard nothing from him and I don't believe I gave him any reason to be so vile with me. I guess these are the kind of "bad actors" that we have to deal with now. Boy, how things have changed in the last 45 years.

So be WARNED! This guy is a real piece of work and seems like the perfect example of the type of guy to stay away from.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Not certain exactly what the receiver in question here is. I saw a Drake 2B listed under the call mentioned. Here we are in 2010 and costs for shipping have indeed gone up. It is nice to squat over a computer and locate the gear that in the past we may have driven miles, put up with all the slobs and bargain hubnters at the hamfest for who knows how long to aqure.Not to mention the "wholesale" buyers who sneak in to every hamfest before opening and buy up all the "real bargains" Now folks can connect, locate and aquire gear quite easily.

By 2010 prices , $20 doesn't ship a whole lot. That is only counting actual postal and/or other carrier charges! Buyers often forget that proper packing requires other materials and supplies, not to mention time and mileage to get the gear to the shipper.
If I were requesting someone ship me a 2B from 300 miles away I would freely pay $32 and consider it a bargain .

On the other hand , a nasty reply was probably a bit hasty . Better to wait a few hours before responding when someone does something irksome.

As for the "Liar" aspect; Just as he thought you were commited to buying, he may have had a second "buyer" reneg. It does happen.
eric

Post by eric »

Sounds like what that guy tried to do to me with the drake Tr-4/MS-4/AC-4 combo. 100.00 to ship! Yes, he tried to make $$$ off the shipping. A few weeks ago i shipped a Kenwood ts 530s to a ham in Fla. It cost me 32.50 to ship. That was it!

K9FON