Those paypal FEEs

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KS4ED

There you go agian...

Post by KS4ED »

There you go again... describing yourself.

How many hundreds of times have you stuck your nose into adult
conversations here with your childish remarks???

How many comment posts have you made on this forum??

Nobody... and I mean nobody has stuck their nose into matters
that do not concern them more than you! How mant posts?

How many people have you called names just because they
don't agree with you?? Grow up!

Try being sensible, rational, mature and do not resort to calling
people names or insulting them and a post from me will not follow
one of yours.

And try and remember your own nose too before you mistakenly
and childishly describe someone elses'

Ok... now refer to me as a terrorist again like you did in the Bob
Cornell post. Concerning you...?? I kinda took it as a compliment.
Please... hundreds got a real kick out of your replys. Give 'em
another to shake their heads over.

Try and do a little better... your last post had too many childish
references. They're boring for adults to read.
NM7L

Post by NM7L »

No...I am not bored by Paul's comments. As stated previously in another thread I read his inane banterings simply for the entertainment value. Oh, the drama of it all! And all for free! What else can a cheap ham need?
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
w8jn

back on topic

Post by w8jn »

peeps and larry (W8ER), lets not make this about me. shall we get back on topic? here is an example of an ad from today. which one of you two hall monitors is going to report him to the paypal police? look at the bottom where he has the unmitigated gall to actually charge a "PAYPAL FEE" HAPPY HOSS TRADING PAUL W8JN. I SLEEP WELL KNOWING YOU TWO ARE PROTECTING THE WORLD FROM US 2%ERS

AMPHF - Yaesu Quadra VL-1000
Yaesu Quadra VL-1000
Quadra VL-1000 with VP-1000 power supply.
In pristine (MINT) condition , and working 100% .
Unit only tested and never put in service with (Original Owner).
The only way to get a Quadra as nice as this one is to buy a new one.
Quadra VL-1000 Serial #9C170021 weight 46 lbs.
Yaesu VP -1000 Linear Power Supply Serial #8M170014 weight 32 lbs.
Quadra comes with original factory manual included cables,
warranty card & boxes.
Price $3,100.00 and $100.00 for shipping.
Note: Quadra can be tested and picked up at my QTH (ZIP 48310)
With no shipping charges.
(Shipping Only: within the contiguous 48 states)
All forms of payment HAPPILY accepted, Paypal pay 2%
Using Paypal you MUST have a confirmed address.
Price negotiable but not much wiggle room on this one!
Listing #801098 - Submitted on 02/05/10 by Callsign AK8S, Modified on 03/12/10
KS4ED

Well placed...

Post by KS4ED »

A well placed trip wire must be very subtle.
Here? Words instead of wire.
In the real world, after layiing the wire across the path, I'd set a slight
delay on the detonator so that the one about to leave us has his very
last moment to remember me by. From a safe distance it also makes
for greater viewing pleasure.

In W8JNs last reply I was rather disappointed... I was hoping to hear
(read) a "click". Instead he made a half butt'd attempt to be mature.

Dang!
w8jn

sorry to disappoint you peeps and

Post by w8jn »

peeps, i know you were looking for some stinging rhetoric or hyperbole. i appreciate your disappointment. a polite request was sent to me by someone i respect to bring this topic back to paypal fees and i agreed to do so. i will just have to entertain you somewhere else down the feedback log.
happy hoss trading. paul w8jn

ps... ohio larry (w8er), when you attack me, be prepared to for the baddog to come out of the corner snarling and biting. crying to mom and dad will not help you.

back to the topic: .......................
KS4ED

Once again...

Post by KS4ED »

Once again... right up to the last sentence of your last reply. (The PS)
Bad Dog?
How about little puppy!
And, if you're gonna poop... do it on the papers 'til you grow up.

Oooops... I forgot. You're a Hoss. Which end isn't hard to guess.
It's been fun but I'm tired of Happy Hoss Huntin'... (which has really
been a good ol fashion Hoss Whippin".)

Ok, back to the PayPal Fee Rules you dishonestly refuse to obey.
KS4ED

This ain't...

Post by KS4ED »

This ain't no apology.
I will admit when I have gone too far.
My last reply was over the top.
W8JN is a good well intended person.
We just disagree how he goes about it.
Carry on.
N9LCD

A UNIQUE PROPOSAL

Post by N9LCD »

SPLIT THE PAYPAL FEES EQUALLY BETWEEN BUYER AND SELLER!

I know that PayPal service is a pain in the rectum but, let's face it, it's a convenience for BOTH the buyer and the seller!

For me, as the buyer on a large purchase, PayPal means an immediate, instant payment to the seller. It also saves the problem of finding time to drive to the bank to withdraw cash or, alternately, ATM cash withdrawal fees. Then, there's a trip to the Post Office and standing in line for a half-hour to buy a money order or two.

As a seller, there's immediate payment for the item. No waiting for payment. Plus, no going to the Post Office to cash a money order or trying to find an ATM that will accept a deposit if you aren't the bank's customer.

AND NO, I DO NOT OWN STOCK IN EBAY OR WOK FOR THEM!

N9LCD
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

You don't WOK for E bay Hi Hi.. Just had to make remark on it, but i think you make some valid points but unfotunately the person who started this debate will accept no compromise as i'm not saying he is a bad person but is just one of those obey every letter of the law people i suspect.
Larry Huff K0pd
N8ERM

PAYPAL IS FOR WHO?????

Post by N8ERM »

In my humble opinion, pay pal in the ham related deals is for the buyer to get his gear quickly. Rather than wait for the money to arrive and/or the check to clear the gear can be sent next day. To me it makes zero difference if the money is sent either way. You see if you use pay pal it takes 3-5 days for me to get the $. It takes 3-5 days USPS for me to get the $. (same, same)

I just have started to sell including the shipping and pay pal fee in the advertised price. Don"t wish to do pay pal. you will get a discount for paying by USPS M/O?

As I said I just started doing this and pay pal is fine with me. If you wish to send a M/O you will be happy when your find your discount is enclosed with the gear. After 3 sales not being paid with pay pal the customers are delighted.

Remember this is just a hobby, play nice and it will be bundles of fun, if not it will be like leaving the toilet seat up in a house full of girls, been there, not nice at all..

Respectfully,

Terry N8ERM
K9XR

Re: PAYPAL IS FOR WHO?????

Post by K9XR »

Why does it take 3-5 days to get your money? On a paypal credit card transaction you should see immediate money transfer. On a bank transfer or "echeck", that is a different story. And if you have a paypal debit card you can get the cash instantly if you want to, or you could even buy groceries (or mare ham gear) with it.
N8ERM wrote:In my humble opinion, pay pal in the ham related deals is for the buyer to get his gear quickly. Rather than wait for the money to arrive and/or the check to clear the gear can be sent next day. To me it makes zero difference if the money is sent either way. You see if you use pay pal it takes 3-5 days for me to get the $. It takes 3-5 days USPS for me to get the $. (same, same)

I just have started to sell including the shipping and pay pal fee in the advertised price. Don"t wish to do pay pal. you will get a discount for paying by USPS M/O?

As I said I just started doing this and pay pal is fine with me. If you wish to send a M/O you will be happy when your find your discount is enclosed with the gear. After 3 sales not being paid with pay pal the customers are delighted.

Remember this is just a hobby, play nice and it will be bundles of fun, if not it will be like leaving the toilet seat up in a house full of girls, been there, not nice at all..

Respectfully,

Terry N8ERM
N8ERM

Why you ask?

Post by N8ERM »

Why, you ask why? How the heck do I know why. That is like saying how long is a wagon track or how many eggs are in the yonder brush pile. I don't jump through hoops with a card for this and a card for that. I am talking about the time it gets to my 1 block away credit union and it is the same time by pay pal or USPS mail, end of story. It's a cold hard cash money in my hand thing.
Respectfully,
Terry N8ERM
K9XR

Re: Why you ask?

Post by K9XR »

I'm very sorry to bother you Terry. I promise I will never ask you such a difficult question again, or anything for that matter. Sheesh!

N8ERM wrote:Why, you ask why? How the heck do I know why. That is like saying how long is a wagon track or how many eggs are in the yonder brush pile. I don't jump through hoops with a card for this and a card for that. I am talking about the time it gets to my 1 block away credit union and it is the same time by pay pal or USPS mail, end of story. It's a cold hard cash money in my hand thing.
Respectfully,
Terry N8ERM
w8jn

huh?

Post by w8jn »

alan,
you actually said something nice about me. does this mean we are friends? pretty overwhelming.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
by the way... i enjoyed wally cox when i was a little kid...

ps.... banks used to be pretty good at "floating" our cash until the feds got involved and set some good rules. paypal is not a bank and not subject to the same rules, however mark my words... the feds will eventually go after the combination of same ownership in ebay and paypal, now that ebay forces the use of paypal. thats why i stopped selling on ebay and sell my equipment for LESS on qth.com . i think of it as a service to my fellow hams.
kg4mlo

Re: har har har

Post by kg4mlo »

Why is this bonehead allowed to continue posting his sarcasm Mr. Mod.??

w8jn wrote:peeps you are always good for a laugh. when you have no facts, your bloviating isn't even creative. nyuk nyuk nyuk....... ok pinnochio, why did you stick your growing nose in this one. do you have a dog in this fight, or are you just expelling methane? cow flatulence adds to global warming. are you trying to compete?
NM7L

Re: har har har

Post by NM7L »

kg4mlo wrote:Why is this bonehead allowed to continue posting his sarcasm Mr. Mod.??

w8jn wrote:peeps you are always good for a laugh. when you have no facts, your bloviating isn't even creative. nyuk nyuk nyuk....... ok pinnochio, why did you stick your growing nose in this one. do you have a dog in this fight, or are you just expelling methane? cow flatulence adds to global warming. are you trying to compete?
Why is this bonehead allowed to continue posting, Mr. Mod??

Perspiring minds want to know.
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Terry:

Good Idea. Discount for not paying with PayPal.

Just like a local gas station that charges you 6 cents a gallon less for paying cash. Up here, that's about a 2% discount or just about his credit card charge.

JERRY

N9LCD
k6cu

Absorb the cost...

Post by k6cu »

Yesterday I sold a nice radio, and the other guy wanted to use PayPal (this was NOT an eBay sale).

I immediately said "yes", that I prefer PayPal. I get the money in my account within minutes to go buy something else, and I don't have to deal with the possibility of "mail delays", fraudulent checks/MO's, or a change of mind on the part of the buyer. It's a done deal and paid for.

And when I quote the price, since I prefer and suggest PayPal to the buyer, I build in enough profit to cover the PayPal charges.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

If you have a "verified account" you may get your funds instantly. If your account is not verified Paypal limits you to $500 per 30 day time period withdrawals. This is so Paypal can limit their exposure in the event an refund is in order.
Contrary to the statements of others , Paypal DOES indeed issue a refund even if the seller has emptied the account. Paypal has done very well for me as well as a few others I know of.

As far as someone who signs their name to an agreement and then chooses to openly and willfully ignore it ??? Oh well .

As a seller, I gladly live up to my agrements with Paypal and accept the small fee as my responsibility. By so doing I am showing a measure of good faith in the goods I am selling as well as demonstrating I keep my word with people I am dealing with.

Should the buyer find fault with his purchase he has the benefit of a neutral third party to help him secure a correction. More likely that will never become an issue here. While Larry and I have had perhaps one disagreement , I side with him 100% on this issue. People need to "man up" when they put their name to a contract. If Paypal can trust him, all the more reason I could place trust in him(her).