"LONDON" SCAM GROUP REMAINS ACTIVE HERE ON QTH.COM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4ICL

"LONDON" SCAM GROUP REMAINS ACTIVE HERE ON QTH.COM

Post by K4ICL »

I just received the following email in response to an ad I had on QTH.com

I advised the sender where he could take his offer.

--------------------

Dear Al Link K4ICL,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "COMPLETE HF STATION", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

The response is from:

Name: Charles Davidson
Callsign: 133
E-mail: charles_dave@myway.com

The response is:

We are interested in buying your above mentioned product (COMPLETE HF STATION) at advertised rate of $415.00. Goods to be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $5,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the Goods to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best Regards

MR. CHARLES DAVIDSON