Beware on Radio-Mart on E-Bay!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k8cpa

Beware on Radio-Mart on E-Bay!

Post by k8cpa »

I feel a bit silly posting this now. But my uncle, KC8HEF over in Homer, Michigan got screwed by Radio-Mart on E-Bay.

I guess he bought a couple two meter rigs off of him and as always, they arrived looking like hell.

Anyhow, avoid this jerk. He's not even a real ham, lies about his call.

I wish I'd known that my uncle was buying off this guy, I would have waved him off. But, he didn't tell me about, till afterward.

73 de K8CPA Chuck
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Chuck,
There are lots of posts about Radio-Mart's bad reputation.
Even so, I recentlt purchased 2 items from him and all went well.

You should have your uncle post here. Radio-Mart didn't do anything to you.
Steve - KA9MOT
k8cpa

Post by k8cpa »

KA9MOT wrote:Chuck,
There are lots of posts about Radio-Mart's bad reputation.
Even so, I recentlt purchased 2 items from him and all went well.

You should have your uncle post here. Radio-Mart didn't do anything to you.
Well, my uncle is not really that good of typist, and he really is not experienced with using the forums and such....and I am. Therefore I thought it would be helpful to post his experiences for him.

A more uncouthly sort would tell you to mind your own damned business. But I am not that kinda of a person.

73 OM

-Chuck K8CPA
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Chuck i got the shaft from Radio Mart a few yrs back, and then he bought a radio i was selling on e bay and then tried to get his money back by filing a report with Pay pal claiming he never received the radio. Of course he received the radio and i had proof so he backed down from his claim right away. Then the person who bought the radio from him it seems had the Microphone changed from the one that i sent with the radio, as he the buyer e mailed me wanting to know what condition the mic was i sent with radio when sold to radio mart. So i avoid him radio mart like the plague but have noticed his approval score has gone up on e bay. So maybe less people are not complaining or are too embarassed to say any thing, or he may be possibly be selling better product. Oh for any one wanting to know how he gets past any one not wanting his bid he waits till the very end to bid so until you see who the buyer is you do not know it was him.
Larry Huff K0pd