FedEx nightmare with K7FX, Bob Cornell

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KS4ED

Trung... try this.

Post by KS4ED »

Trung, You may try this approach with FedEx.
You paid Bob Cornell for that amplifier and he sent it to you. The day you
received that ampilfier it became your property. That amp belongs to you.
FedEx took the amp from you in some mixed up attempt to resolve an
issue. They gave your property to another person. After you received the
amplifier Bob Cornell became "another person" because (again) after they
delievered that amp to you it became yours.
I'd take this to the highest levels of FedEx and demand an answer in
writing why your property was given to another person. Approach FedEx
in writing about this if phone calls get no results. Do not send FedEx an
Email... that has become the least effective correspondance now in the
corporate world. I hope Bob Cornell decides to finally resolve this instead.
KS4ED

To answer....

Post by KS4ED »

To answer a couple of Emails...

My suggestion gives Trung written proof from FedEx that they took the
amp back from Trung and sent (or allowed) Bob Cornell to take it back.
Their acknowledgement in writing they took possession of the amplifier
and the reason why they turned it over to Bob Cornell, with dates is the
intent. Again, in writing.
Hopefully Trung has a copy of the instrument (Check, Postal MO etc)
he used to pay Bob Cornell for the amplifier. It can be verified when
it was cashed. Align the info and the dates and Trung has written proof
that Bob Cornell has Trungs money and now Trungs amplifier.
FedEx has a legal department and hopefully pursuing this approach
might bring this matter to the attention of that department. Now you have
the attention of some folks who could really get this resolved.
Again, I hope Bob Cornell resolves the matter soon.
w8jn

howdy from sunny fl

Post by w8jn »

hi all,
greetings from sunny fl!!! well it has become obvious from the email trail. bob has no inetntion to make things right. the court of public opinion is beginning to see the light, even my pal allen is beginning to come over to trungs side. i figured this one out right from the starting gate. nate, are you going to continue to deny, delay and obfuscate for your pal bobby. at this rate it appears that those who go down with the "bobby ship" are going to have their reputations tarnished also. alan, thanks for your level headedness.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
ps who in the heck ships an amp with the finals in place without a locking peg?? answer... an idiot.. who then takes the equipment back and refuses to refund the money??? answer... a crook
NA6TE

W8JN

Post by NA6TE »

It always amazes me how some people just continually come across so ignorant when trying to berate others.
Dear Mr. W8JN,
Please go back and read all the posts and tell me where you come up with the fact that Mr. Cornell and I are “pals” . Or did you read that many of us know of him on the radio and those same people grilled him heavily about the situation to find out BOTH sides of the story?
Then the posts became libelous, which you have done against the post right at the top of the forum that specifically states:
Remember:
. Tell the whole story. Be brief but don't leave out key ingredients.
. Identify who you are talking about. If you are not sure about the real situation, don't post it until you are sure.
. Stick to the facts. Tell what happened but leave out the personal judgments. Let the reader do the judging.
. Refrain from adding personal comments unless you have actual experience with the individual being discussed and know more about the issue than has been already given.
. Keep your comments relevant to the issue at hand.
. Remember, whatever you write can be used as evidence in a court of law should the person or persons involved in the issue take legal action against you.

Evidently you feel you are above the law and can call anyone a crook without any evidence whatsoever which will impede that persons ability to sell on the web from here on out. Try a Google on my call and you will see that you calling me a crook has propagated the web. You may have helped many hams in the past and you may very well help many hams in the future, however you should try and control your emotions that may cause you to step on your d*/+.

You have had time to respond from Florida with your usual rhetoric but have not answered my original question about a physical address for service.
If again, you go back and read the posts you will see that I ask for an apology for the “crook” statement and this will go away. If not the wheels are already rolling in your direction but it takes time when there are so many Glassman names in the Cincinnati and Wyoming area that are or are not property owners.
Enjoy your stay in Florida.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
w8jn

nate is an honest ham

Post by w8jn »

nate,
my goal is to help fellow hams recover money or equipment from dishonest hams. it was not my intention to make any statement that could be interperted to ,cast you in the same light as bob cornell. mr cornell has a lengthy record in the arizona court system. you do not. if anything i said gave anyone the opinion that you are not to be trusted, you have my apology.
happy hoss trading from.sunny fl paul w8jn
NA6TE

Paul W8JN

Post by NA6TE »

Paul,
I will accept your apology, but in the future when helping other hams, try to do so without the disparaging remarks until all the facts are in and then only if they are TRUE remarks or statements. I’ll eat the $200 retainer in light of your apology.

Nate……..NA6TE
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
KS4ED

W8JN

Post by KS4ED »

W8JN... I have always been on Trungs side and where ever you read that I
wasn't ... please cut and paste right here. If anything my hope have always
been not to fan the flames of the issue but show Bob Cornell not all Hams
are like you !!!! Comments like yours probably give him little incentive to
resolve the issue quickly. More than likely because of your rantings and
out right lies concerning others and myself... Mr Cornell may now take
his own sweet time resolving the issue. I ask Bob Cornell for Trungs sake
and certainly not yours to resolve the issue soon. Also for my own interest...
please post pictures of your stay in Florida. I no more believe you are in
Florida than I am right now circling Jupiter. Even if you are in Florida it
is no reason not to give Nate your current address.... being that you are
so pin point concerning other peoples' data.

Bob Cornell.... Trung is a good guy. Please do not lump him in with some
of the other so called Hams that have made posts to this web site.
He may even regret now that he ever posted his problem on this web site.
Maybe you and Trung can settle this issue in confidence just between
the two of you and leave the rest of these Dudley Do Rights hanging.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

KS4ED i know you will not like what i'm going to say but how about getting off of your high horse and let it ride. Paul and Nate seem to have settled there squabble but you seem to want to continue the fight with Paul. I'm certain Trung is smart enough and has enough evidence to decide how to continue. Personally i have nothing against you and am not looking for a argument but like i said you seem to have placed your self as ultimate Good guy in all this which you may be and maybe not. But right now your behaving not much different than those whose opinion you do not like by your accusing Paul of not being in Florida ETC: You can attack me as i'm smart enough to know odds are we will never meet face to face so i make no threats or attacks. And by the way my son is a Green Beret and i do appreciate your time served but just felt what i said needed said.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

I'm sorry to say I don't recall you saying very much when all the bad mud was being slung, but now you come on here and try to be the "voice of reason" IMO KS4ED has not done 1/10 of the mud slinging that others here have. Who are you to to try to close the gate after the horse has gotten out?

lhuffk0pd wrote:KS4ED i know you will not like what i'm going to say but how about getting off of your high horse and let it ride. Paul and Nate seem to have settled there squabble but you seem to want to continue the fight with Paul. I'm certain Trung is smart enough and has enough evidence to decide how to continue. Personally i have nothing against you and am not looking for a argument but like i said you seem to have placed your self as ultimate Good guy in all this which you may be and maybe not. But right now your behaving not much different than those whose opinion you do not like by your accusing Paul of not being in Florida ETC: You can attack me as i'm smart enough to know odds are we will never meet face to face so i make no threats or attacks. And by the way my son is a Green Beret and i do appreciate your time served but just felt what i said needed said.
KS4ED

Hmmm...

Post by KS4ED »

As I see it... Nate settled the squabble. W8JN apologized.

I don't apologize... it's a sign of weakness. I wish I had not referred to
some people as Dudley Do Rights. Poor choice of words on my part.
If I had given it another minute I could have done better. Dang!

I would like to see pictures W8JN could provide us if in fact he is in
Florida... it has been several years since I have been down there.
I'd like to see them. Wouldn't you? Unfortunately, for some unique
reason, I have just a little hunch he might not be down there.
Again, I don't apologize but I don't mind being corrected with facts.

I'm sure that providing ones' correct address should not be an issue,
refused or avoided. I'd bet the FCC also feels that way too!

My hope continues that Bob Cornell will resolve this issue soon.
W4LTD

Re: W8JN

Post by W4LTD »

KS4ED wrote:W8JN... I have always been on Trungs side and where ever you read that Iwasn't ...

Also for my own interest...please post pictures of your stay in Florida. I no more believe you are in Florida than I am right now circling Jupiter.
You must have just missed Paul, check this link: http://www.jupiter.fl.us/
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

As of tonight, here are the facts:

1. Bob Cornell still keeps my money and the amp.
2. There is no contact from FedEx.

73 Trung W6TN
w8jn

hey mr peepers

Post by w8jn »

hey mr peepers ,
if you provide me with your email i will send you tons of pics of my good time in fl last week!!!
best 73 paul w8jn
ps by the way, it sure looks like you busom buddy bobby boy is intent on cheating trung out of his money and equipment. keep on defending him! birds of a feather har har har. i am sending larry pictures of COLD ft lauderdale last week. miserable temps 45 degrees at night and 65 degrees during the day.
ohhh and by the way peeps.... it was not my intent to cast doubt on nates honesty. a real man apologizes for mistakes and errors. mr peepers runs from mistakes and hides behind momma to show strength....
peeps... by the way... when you receive the dated pictures from fl. i will accept your apology.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Paul did indeed send me some pics of his Florida trip. Might note the pics are dated and i've never been to Kentucky or Ohio and saw a beach and ocean like Paul is standing on. By the way tnx Paul for the Pics and tnx for letting us poor souls in western Ks knows what a beach and ocean looks like. And Trung hopefully there is some progress developing in your situation but to be honest going by the latest E Mails you got from Mr.Cornell it does not look like it going to get better..
Larry Huff K0pd
KS4ED

Trung

Post by KS4ED »

Trung,

Unfortunately on this web site an immature child can involve himself
in a serious matter that could possibly be resolved by adults.
Calling people names and inserting sing song child like rantings
accomplishes nothing. Certainly not adult level problems.
But, it's what Amateur Radio has become today and thousands are
leaving. Proof?
The ARRL now runs a Broadcast Radio ad encouraging people to
become Ham Radio Operators. (The subtle message of the ad is
that they've become desparate and are really begging.)
Why? Just read some of the posts above and you might get a clue.
Finally, apology is a sign of weakness and those who ask for apologies
are the weakest.
Who am I? Look me up on QRZ. That is my correct and current address.
Stop by and have a cold one sometime... if you act like an adult and
you're over 21.

PS I have pictures of Florida from years ago with me standing at the
helm of my boat. Unfortunately you can't tell what year the pictures
were taken.
w8jn

more proof

Post by w8jn »

hey peeps, now you call nate weak for requesting an apology? as i said, send me your email and i will send you all the proof you want. like 2010 cars with me next to them? childish? yes.... you make demands and when the demands are met, you whine about something else. wow you have a boat??? wow
w8jn

terrorist claim

Post by w8jn »

larry,
we often see terrorists say "if you dont meet our demands, you will be responsible for what happens to the hostages" welllll...... no! say anything they want, the terrorists are 100% responsible for their own actions. for mr peepers to imply that i have any responsibility for bobby taking trungs money and equipment is "terrorist mentality"
happy hoss trading
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Trung:

At the rate things are going, you'll probably never get either your money or the amp back.

The best solution is to write directly to the chairman of FedEx, outlining and documenting the problem. ASK HIM TO INTERVENE.

The address is:

Mr. Frederick W. Smith, Chairman of the Board
FedEx Corporation
942 South Shady Grove Road
Memphis, TH 38120

Try it. It can't hurt and it may help. Civilized complaints to the chairman have worked several times for me after normal recourse failed.

GOOD LUCK!

Jerry

N9LCD
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

Dear Paul, Al, others

I hope the discussion not turn into a personal attack. I believe I am very opinonated but most of the time that will hinder or obstruct a potential solution. Even though I have no information indicates the problem I have faced will resolve soon I am asking everyone refrain from creating side issues.

As always I appreciate greatly everyone's input and interest.
Trung W6TN
w8jn

good luck

Post by w8jn »

trung, your request will be honored! good luck recovering your money. it is unfortunate that this has occurred to you!
best 73 paul w8jn
KS4ED

No demands

Post by KS4ED »

No demands were made .
Will make no apology for anything I wrote.
2010 cars came out late last summer.
You made a promise... honor it.
I will... it's over.
KB4YQT

WOW

Post by KB4YQT »

All I have to say is:

CQ CQ CQ 75 METERS CQ CQ 75 METERS......

KB4YQT Bill