K8VF Mark - What a great help!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WP4IDK

K8VF Mark - What a great help!

Post by WP4IDK »

This website is just fantastic!

Arounf one week ago I posted a request for help concerning my need
to get a recently bought Kenwood AT-250 auto tuner to work with my Kenwood TS-440S transceiver. The problem was the lack of the proper cable to connect both units together.

Mr. Mark Kenward K8VF.. (I should say now, my friend Mark) contacted me and offered me a cable to get me along.. The cable worked beautifuly.. and afterwards I found it was no charge! Well that is the ham spirit! The only payment requested was to pass along the favor to another ham..

Thank you Mark! :D

Alvin Mirabal
WP4IDK
kb9sne

second that

Post by kb9sne »

I to had this experience, a ham (whose call escapes me at the moment) sent me a part for a amplifier. free of charge i might add. Also took the time to look at a pic of the board and tell me what was wrong with it. it is nice to see this in the ham community.