R&L Electronics

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0JR

R&L Electronics

Post by N0JR »

Think twice before dealing with these people. I have had a number of unpleasant dealings with them over the years. In one case a number of years ago, for example, an expensive used radio was flatly misrepresented to me by the owner as "mint" when it was anything but. Most recently I decided to give them one more try and ordered a piece of new equipment valued at more than $3,000. I never received the item. When I called to find out why the answer was "We 'lost' your order"!!

No more with these folks.
Don't buy or sell to ANYONE you don't have good reason to trust. Trust is earned, not demanded.
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

Like you, I ordered a piece of used equipment described as mint, checked, and fully operational. When I received it it was filthy, beat up, and couldn't have possibly been operational and checked as a connecting cord had several wires broken in it so as to preclude any operation at all. They did take it back after a couple of heated discussions.
They'll never get a cent of my money again.

Jerry KB5PN
w8jn

r and l

Post by w8jn »

with all due respect to my pal Jan (with whom i have never disagreed, and have many happy hoss trades hihi) i will stand up for roger on this one. he has always been courteous and honest with me. if there is an issue roger will make it right. in jans case, it seems that they were a little sloppy with their paper work, not dishonest. i bought a used ft1000d from r and l and the go-rillas at ups damaged it. roger took it back and issued an instant refund. he took care of the battle with the ups insurance crooks.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

Everything I have purchased from R&L has been with a phone call...they check stock...I give em my card # and it usually gets shipped that day. I get an email confirmation of the order and tracking number. Over the last 10yrs I have never had a problem with small or large purchases. They are A-OK in my book and I would recommend them to anyone. 73 for now....Sam W8VVE
WA5JAV

R&L Electronics

Post by WA5JAV »

All my past purchases with R&L were without problem. Orders were processed in a timely manner, well packaged and as advertised.
localjunkpeddler

Re: R&L Electronics

Post by localjunkpeddler »

WA5JAV wrote:All my past purchases with R&L were without problem. Orders were processed in a timely manner, well packaged and as advertised.
Same here !
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
VK4SX

Same here, Excellent Service

Post by VK4SX »

I have been purchasing Ham related gear from R&L virtually since they became ONLINE, I buy for a heap of hams and some clubs, I couldn't put a total figure on it, but it is LOTS, I have had two EVER returns, one was a GAP Hear It spkr that just died 6 months into a 12 month warranty, sent it off, 14 days from posting I received a new unit, just recently I purchased a MFJ-259B , it was near dead out of the box, 13 days after posting back I received a new unit, no questions asked, that is the only two issues in years , I am not talking coax plugs or wire etc, I mean rigs, Yaesu, KW, Icom etc.

I can get an order from R&L, via USPS EMS, faster then I can from Victoria Australia,
two thumbs up from me

Dennis VK4SX,
while I am here, I have been dealing USA hams for years, have forgotten most calls, some on ebay , not knowing their callsign, and never had any issues, but things change with the times,
of late , Jay W5IB, Excellent guy, we keep in touch, Dave KE7GSK nice guy, Newell WX7K great deal, Roy Wooden NE6R, heaps more, but no records
Thanks for everything.

ps

if you SEE ME On Ebay, give me a go ahhaha, ID is Tusky_1, cos i used to wrestle feral pigs for something to do years ago.
W4LTD

Re: R&L Electronics

Post by W4LTD »

localjunkpeddler wrote:
WA5JAV wrote:All my past purchases with R&L were without problem. Orders were processed in a timely manner, well packaged and as advertised.
Same here !
I have been buying from then for about 5-years and spent about $15k with them -- NEVER had a problem whatsoever. Usually, I am more than pleased with my experiences shopping with R&L.
k1hz

R&L Electronics

Post by k1hz »

I have had nothing but "great experiences" when dealing with R&L Electronics. I have over the years bought lot of new and some used equipment from them and never once had even a slight issue. R&L in top notch in my book.
Ron...K1HZ...
k0kav

R&L Electronics

Post by k0kav »

I have dealt with R&L for many years without anything but courteous, fast service. Bought new an some used. Used was never mis-represented.
k0kav
eric

Post by eric »

i have never had a bad deal with then ever.
N5IZ

R&L

Post by N5IZ »

i never had a bad deal .always shipped when said they would..73 ray n5iz
w9mkm

Post by w9mkm »

I too have never had a problem with R&L. Have bought new and used from them. Their new and used prices are usually right in the ballpark. They ship fast. Will continue doing business with them. Mark W9MKM
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

I have dealt with R & L at their store, by phone, and at hamfests, and have always received a great deal and courteous service. They're tops in my book!
W4AS

Post by W4AS »

I have also dealt with R&L a number of times and have never had a bad experience with them.
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

My friend runs a small Ham Radio business RADIO OASIS. He has been buying all sorts of stuff from Roger and NEVER has he EVER had a single problem. On occasion he gets a defective item (it happens). He calls Roger and he sends him another item on his next order and DOES NOT require the return of the bad item!! Now that is trust. Also, I bought a power supply from Radio Oasis and it blew sometime later, I packed it up and sent it to Roger with my sales receipt and I got a new one back in short order. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Again, Radio Oasis buys PL-259's from him for resale (the silvered ones) occasionally one is tarnished or the silver is discolored and of course no one would buy them. Roger sends new ones to him on his next order and again does not require return of the bad item. Fortunately I have a bunch of lightly tarnished PL-259's here for free. My buddy at Radio Oasiss only has nice things to say about Roger and has done loads of business with him for quite a few years now!
donate life