KD9AN - Unreliable buyer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WA0RCX

KD9AN - Unreliable buyer

Post by WA0RCX »

Called on phone to enquire about radio.
Once decided to buy asked me to remove item from QTH.Com; I did.
Even said check was sent yesterday.
I had to relist the radio on QTH.com since no money arrived.
This caused two missed opportunities to sell.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

HUH !! Said he mailed Check (sent) Check yesterday and your already complaining. If he sent it over nite via USPS where you live has a bearing on whether it is a next day delivery or not. Something is not clear about your complaint and neither is it clear what your call sign is if you have one.

Personally i think messages like yours should be deleted when no call sign is used. Scott is it possible to delete complaints made by those not using there call sign?

OK Jerry i found your ad and you used your call on it WA0RCX ,so why not use your call on here?
Larry Huff K0pd
WA0RCX

Post by WA0RCX »

Actually the check in the mail yesterday date was 12/22/2009; Sorry if I'm not suposed to post call sign; so how do you let people know about buyers then? 73's
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Jerry most of us want to know it's a Ham making the claim whether good or bad,as it makes the report i feel more reliable. Glad you gave the date it was sent as you wrote it like it could have happened yesterday. But mailing during Christmas Holiday is always a gamble without buying proof of delivery and in the buyers case insurance so as to be able to have a idea what happened if indeed they did mail a check or pkg. I can speak from yrs of experience as i'm retired from pkg delivery. Good luck on selling your radio.....Larry Huff K0pd
Larry Huff K0pd
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

lhuffk0pd wrote:Scott is it possible to delete complaints made by those not using there call sign?
I see he is using his callsign as his username here on the bulletin board, which is good enough for me.

For anyone that is NOT using their callsign as their username, it would sure be helpful if:

1) You said your callsign somewhere in your posting. Or, even better...
2) You change your username to your callsign. This is done by clicking "Profile" on any page, then you will see you can change your username there, and you can hit SAVE.

- Scott
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Thanks Scott and there should now be no excuses as you've laid down how to do it.And Jerry was classy enough to remove the handle or the name he used JAKE and replaced it with his call.
Larry Huff K0pd