KK5LA/KC5ANR BAD DEALERS!!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
aj1m

KK5LA/KC5ANR BAD DEALERS!!!!!

Post by aj1m »

Paid for tuner 22 days ago and still have not received tuner from this deadbeat. On receipt of payment, I received e-mail stating that the tuner would be shipped "in a couple of days." Upon waiting 3 or 4 days and hearing nothing I contacted seller and he said, "well since it was a check the bank says they're holding it for ten days or until it clears." The check cleared my bank 2-3 days later which was 7 days after receipt of payment, but still not tuner received at this point. Buyer Beware!!

Jay
AJ1M
K4ICL

More Info Please...

Post by K4ICL »

Jay:

It would be helpful to have more information. If the two hams are dealers, what is the name of their dealership? Where are they located? Where do they advertise their goods? Are they both envolved in the deal you speak of?

Your description sounds like you only dealt with one person. If so, why are two included in your heading?

Thanks...
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
aj1m

more info

Post by aj1m »

Well, It's now been 24 days since payment was made, and I still haven't seen a tuner. It was supposed to have been shipped 7 days ago. Obviously not the priority shipping I paid for even if it was shipped.

The two hams are husband and wife. They are located in Texas and advertise on QTH.com. At least that is where this deal went down. The check was sent to KK5LA address as listed on QRZ.com.

Jay
AJ1M