N4NCJ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4ICL

Wa;y to go.

Post by K4ICL »

All are good except No. 6. I personally think that should be changed to:

You will personally ram a hot soldering iron up your nose if you have fibbed about your answers to Items No. 1 through No. 5.

Great list!

K4ICL
k6cu

Post by k6cu »

This is quite a dilemma for me. I'm planning to sell a very nice TS-850s soon. However, it's been in a "smoking" environment. I'm sure a fanatic non-smoker would have issues if they bought this radio.

So, before running across this thread, I decided that in all fairness I would include the "smoking environment" phrase in my listing, just to make sure the potential buyer is aware of this.

I'm not a fanatic about radios that have been around smokers, but some are, and it is only fair -- and honest -- to reveal ALL issues, whether cosmetic (which includes smoking smells) or electrical.
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

AMEN!
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
Kurt - K8YZK

Post by Kurt - K8YZK »

I don't smoke, but have bought radio's that have been around smoke, and took me awhile to clean them up.. I think both parties should be responsible before making a deal.
1. The seller should say the radio has been or has not been around smoke.
2. The buyer should ask if the radio has been around smoke.

Then the 2 should decide if the deal goes thru or not. If it is a local trade then the buyer can take a look at the radio, but being shipped, well that is where it gets sticky..

I guess it comes back to the old saying buyer beware.

73 and Happy New Year.

KT
dxer1950

Post by dxer1950 »

If some of you all would read what WN8BOB posted about a previous deal with N4NCJ, you may then understand this topic. Bob states that N4NCJ listed the rig as "Like New". Stinking of tobacco smoke is definitely not "Like New". Problems such as this could be avoided if the seller would be upfront in the beginning. Full disclosure of appearance, functionality, repairs, and the operating environment would be very helpful. He didn't ask, so I didn't tell, doesn't cut it. But as one person has stated apparently greed trumps integrity with some.
KA9MOT

Re: PS.

Post by KA9MOT »

K4ICL wrote:BTW, how do you know what the inside of a Nevada Whorehouse smells like?

Just curious. Never patronized one.

K4ICL
I have! :D

There are certain experiences every young man should experience at least once....you'll need stuff to remember when you get old.
Last edited by KA9MOT on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

dxer1950 wrote:As for not being a ham, I wasn't aware that being a ham was a requirement to buy/sell or trade on here.
It should be.....why would anybody want to sell to or buy anything from a person who was anonymous?
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

dxer1950 wrote:One thing this thread has done for me is too let me know who defiantly NOT to purchase used equipment from.
You can purchase from Frank KB2VYZ with confidence. I have and it was a very pleasant transaction. Frank does like to call people.....

If Frank co-signs for these other guys that is good enough for me. I happen to know that Frank's list is a short one.
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

kc0rey wrote:
dxer1950 wrote:.

You can purchase from Frank KB2VYZ with confidence

I can say the same about Steve, KC0REY, He is one of the few on my shortlist of hams that can receive the goods BEFORE I receive payment.

73 de Frank
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

KB2VYZ wrote:
kc0rey wrote:
dxer1950 wrote:.

You can purchase from Frank KB2VYZ with confidence

I can say the same about Steve, KC0REY, He is one of the few on my shortlist of hams that can receive the goods BEFORE I receive payment.

73 de Frank
In that case....send along that FT-2000.......will ya? LOL :D