BEWARE : Custom Made Bazookas by Bob AD5VJ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KK2DOG

BEWARE : Custom Made Bazookas by Bob AD5VJ

Post by KK2DOG »

Here's Bob's ad:

Custom Made Double Bazooka Antennas
Holiday Season's Special 80 and 40 meter Models reduced to only $80.00
That's right 80 or 40 meter bazookas for only 80.00
--
Email me for your discount.
email-to: rtnmi at sbcglobal dot net
--
See my feedback on Eham
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8159
--
More Information here:
http://www.myamericanaerial.com/order.htm
--
tnx es 73, Bob AD5VJ

My story:
I placed an order and paid via Paypal for an 80-meter double-bazooka on
Oct.19, 2009. A couple of emails revealed that he received my money, and the antenna would be shipped 'soon.' In mid November, I emailed Bob again and was advised that he was "waiting on parts" and that my antenna would be here soon and he apologized for the delay. In mid December, my inquiry was met with "Yes, that is a long time"...yet NO antenna as of Dec. 23, 2009.
Unfortunetly, it's now beyond the 45 day Paypal refund scope, and now I'm
out the MONEY and the ANTENNA. Thanks, Bob.
Last edited by KK2DOG on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

I went to eham reviews (url provided on your post) and did not see any reviews from you...could it have been removed? 73...Sam W8VVE
KK2DOG

His eHam Reviews

Post by KK2DOG »

Yep...I just updated his review:

By the way...he told me it was already shipped twice, about two weeks apart, and then told me later that he's almost ready to ship it.

Mike KK2DOG
KK2DOG

Post by KK2DOG »

Interesting... it seems that eHam deleted my review.
It's not the first time they've done that.
I'll just have to re-post it and see what happends.

Mike KK2DOG
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

If you did not receive any product then PP will refund your money.

Do not tell PP that there is an issue or anything but no product received or it was
fraudulent as they only take care of ebay transactions which is BS !!

I had an issue and they would not do anything unless it was bought on ebay
what a joke that is.

Get with PP and tell them no product received then the seller has to provide shipping information.
73 -

W1JCW
John
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Hmmm...disapearing reviews on eHam.......another reason I avoid eHam.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

done deal
Last edited by W4PIG on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

W4PIG wrote:i see what you are talking about reviews on eham. whats going on with this site. this ham has reason to post this review on the vendor. i would never buy from him. EHAM NEEDS TO RETHINK ABOUT REMOVING A POST ON A BAD DEALER. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I've observed a lot of cronyism on eham over the last six months. :shock:
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

Noticed a current ad (#791408) today. Hmmmm....
AD5VJ

Re: BEWARE : Custom Made Bazookas by Bob AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

As I said in my email to u, I will make it right wid u one way or the other.

Iam checking to see why u hve nt rcd it yet. Doesnt make sense to me either.

Although after reading ur post, it sounds like I am supposed to guide my axtions based on some 45 day rule. I prefer not to. You will either get the antenna or the money.

After all this time of making these for a lot of guys who r happy wid them, I didnt single u out to screw.

Give me some more time and we will resolve this situation.

Bob AD5VJ

[quote="KK2DOG"]Here's Bob's ad:

Holiday Season's Special 80 and 40 meter Models reduced to only $80.00
That's right 80 or 40 meter bazookas for only 80.00
--
Email me for your discount.
email-to: rtnmi at sbcglobal dot net
--
See my feedback on Eham
--
More Information here:
http://www.myamericanaerial.com/order.htm
--
tnx es 73, Bob AD5VJ

My story:
I placed an order and paid via Paypal for an 80-meter double-bazooka on
Oct.19, 2009. A couple of emails revealed that he received my money, and the antenna would be shipped 'soon.' In mid November, I emailed Bob again and was advised that he was "waiting on parts" and that my antenna would be here soon and he apologized for the delay. In mid December, my inquiry was met with "Yes, that is a long time"...yet NO antenna as of Dec. 23, 2009.
Unfortunetly, it's now beyond the 45 day Paypal refund scope, and now I'm
out the MONEY and the ANTENNA. Thanks, Bob.[/quote]
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Bob,

I hope your antennas are of better quality than your spelling abilities...
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

So far Hi Hi

Never could spell worth a darn :0(
But, I remember vividly when they first came out with spell checkers (believe me).

Bob AD5VJ

[quote="W4LTD"][b]Bob,

I hope your antennas are of [i]better[/i] quality than your spelling abilities...[/b][/quote]
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

File a claim with Paypal. You've waited long enough. People like him are generous with your time because they have your money.
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

Could not find the antenna anywhere.

After tracking and going to post office in town and checking with my pickup man, so refund was issued.

Sorry about any inconvenience.

This is the first time since I started doing this that this has happened and hopefully the last time.

Bob AD5VJ

[quote="AA6ZE"]File a claim with Paypal. You've waited long enough. People like him are generous with your time because they have your money.[/quote]
w8jn

eham

Post by w8jn »

eham has become 100% unreliable. the moderators will remove any negative reviews from a product that advertises with them. i fought a battle with them in the ftdx9000 reviews. an officer from a competitor placed a negative review in the 9000 column. the competitor company eventuelly pulled the review and GUESS WHAT???? OUT OF THE CLEAR BLACK HOLE OF CYBERSPACACE, a negative review took its place from an anonymous person hiding behind a fake name. for my efforts, eham booted me off... oh well... glad scott runs an honest site!!!
KK2DOG

Post by KK2DOG »

Money refunded on Dec. 30, 2009.
Thanks Bob.
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

No problem, just sorry it turned out this way. If you change your mind later let me know and hopefully this time it will turn out different.

hny,
Bob AD5VJ

[quote="KK2DOG"]Money refunded on Dec. 30, 2009.
Thanks Bob.[/quote]
KK2DOG

Post by KK2DOG »

Thanks Bob. If the antenna should show-up somehow, I'll send it back unopened.
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

After all we have both been through on this one, as far as I am concerned, if it does show up you have my permission to keep it with my blessings Hi Hi

HNY ES 73 TO ONE AND ALL.
BOB AD5VJ

[quote="KK2DOG"]Thanks Bob. If the antenna should show-up somehow, I'll send it back unopened.[/quote]
w8jn

Bob AD5VJ made it right. now you make it right

Post by w8jn »

Michael,
bob not only apologized, he gave you the antenna free for your aggravation. it does not get any more honest than that. as soon as your refund arrives, you need to edit your entire add to reflect bobs honesty and change the title of your feedback to "bob and custom made bazookas, it doesnt get any more honest than this!!"
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

No. He was put on hold for 2 months, and still might be if he didn't make a stink here. How does that rate positive feedback?
K9XR

"iF'

Post by K9XR »

I think it says he can keep the antenna "IF" it comes. Me thinks it ain't ever coming. I'm sure glad we have guys around here coaching us to do what's right.
k5yy

Post by k5yy »

[quote="AA6ZE"]No. He was put on hold for 2 months, and still might be if he didn't make a stink here. How does that rate positive feedback?[/quote]
I sent an email about an antenna and his reply did not answer the questions I had posed to him. He took part of my email and answered that he could make a sloper antenna for me, but I re-emailed that was not my question. I already had a sloper! I asked him to re-read my email ... His second email said he would "get around to re-reading" the first email soon. I think he must have other pressing business and just loses track of time. My email only asked a couple of questions about his product compared to my present antenna. I think I need an antenna sooner than what I might expect from his antenna company.. Otherwise, looks like a reasonable product.... I guess.
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

[quote="k5yy"][quote="AA6ZE"]No. He was put on hold for 2 months, and still might be if he didn't make a stink here. How does that rate positive feedback?[/quote]
I sent an email about an antenna and his reply did not answer the questions I had posed to him. He took part of my email and answered that he could make a sloper antenna for me, but I re-emailed that was not my question. I already had a sloper! I asked him to re-read my email ... His second email said he would "get around to re-reading" the first email soon. I think he must have other pressing business and just loses track of time. My email only asked a couple of questions about his product compared to my present antenna. I think I need an antenna sooner than what I might expect from his antenna company.. Otherwise, looks like a reasonable product.... I guess.[/quote]

I don't have an antenna company, just me and the cat building coax antennas in the back yard. But you are right the antenna companies have the overhead to have them waiting in the warehouse and you will get them much faster from them. Of course they may cost a bit more.

Bob AD5VJ
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

I don't think you get the point. When people sent you money for a product they expect it in a reasonable amount of time. Evasive responses just escalates the problem as you can see here. Being a one man operation doesn't excuse you at all from observing good business practice.
Last edited by AA6ZE on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.