BEWARE : Custom Made Bazookas by Bob AD5VJ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

[quote="AA6ZE"]I don't think you get the point. When people sent you money for a product they expect it in a reasonable amount of time. Ignoring their e-mails just escalates the problem as you can see here. Being a one man operation doesn't excuse you at all from observing good business practice.[/quote]

YOU don't get the point, if I thought i was excused there would have been no refund. Get a clue.

Bob AD5VJ
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

I rest my case. Good luck with your "business".
AD5VJ

Post by AD5VJ »

[quote="AA6ZE"]I rest my case. Good luck with your "business".[/quote]
-
what business?? what case??
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

Your business. You sell antennas. Remember?
m0nrh

Post by m0nrh »

Well where to start first, Ordered one of the 80m antennas, paid for it including shipping $180 that was at the beginning of March!
After 23 emails 3 promises of "Its ready I have not got to the post office yet" for one reason or another Bob AD5VJ and his company disappeared 3 weeks ago and stopped answering my emails.
This Company is awful to deal with and unreliable, looks like I have lost my money!
And also if anyone knows of a way I can get my money back or antenna from them I would be very grateful.
It goes to show that it was not a one off so please as the guy stated before his refund avoid this company.
Hopefully posting here will draw Bob out of the woodwork And get me a refund?
On a separate note I also posted a review on eHam which was removed from the product reviews and had to be moved to the forums were no one can see it under company performance.

I will always check here from now on and never trust eHam again.
As for PayPal they don't want to know.
I just wish I had looked here first.
:evil:
K9XR

Don't give up on PayPal

Post by K9XR »

Nic,

If you paid via PayPal, they will give you your money back for an "undelivered purchase" whether the transaction was made on ebay or not. However, they will only guarantee a "not as described" claim if the transaction was made on ebay. Good Luck!

m0nrh wrote:Well where to start first, Ordered one of the 80m antennas, paid for it including shipping $180 that was at the beginning of March!
After 23 emails 3 promises of "Its ready I have not got to the post office yet" for one reason or another Bob AD5VJ and his company disappeared 3 weeks ago and stopped answering my emails.
This Company is awful to deal with and unreliable, looks like I have lost my money!
And also if anyone knows of a way I can get my money back or antenna from them I would be very grateful.
It goes to show that it was not a one off so please as the guy stated before his refund avoid this company.
Hopefully posting here will draw Bob out of the woodwork And get me a refund?
On a separate note I also posted a review on eHam which was removed from the product reviews and had to be moved to the forums were no one can see it under company performance.

I will always check here from now on and never trust eHam again.
As for PayPal they don't want to know.
I just wish I had looked here first.
:evil:
m0nrh

Post by m0nrh »

Hi Al
Thanks for the advice I did try them initially but the said because I had not put in a claim before the 40 day deadline then they were unwilling to get me a refund.
But obviously Because I was promised it had been shipped and was probably held up because of the volcanic problem in Iceland I had no reason to believe it was not on its way when the 40 days was up.
It was only after that when Bob became allusive.

I will give them another try tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

AA6ZE wrote:I don't think you get the point. When people sent you money for a product they expect it in a reasonable amount of time. Evasive responses just escalates the problem as you can see here. Being a one man operation doesn't excuse you at all from observing good business practice.
Well said. I don't understand folks who think they create new and on their own terms lack of business practices.

How is this so and why do think it's okay ??

Is it ignorance or lack of respect ?
Possibly both.

Good luck with your situation.
73 -

W1JCW
John
m0nrh

Post by m0nrh »

Just an update Bob is still hiding somewhere still getting good reviews on eHam from past customers to be fair though his legendary customer service is starting to be noted but he is still ignoring my emails and comments on this site.
What a shame he would rather not bother he could have a good business if only he was a little professional, rather than taking peoples money and running then not having the back bone to explain why.
PayPal keep quoting this 45 day clause which say you have 45 days to open a dispute after that its too late, so next its on to my credit card and try that way, failing that any one tell me if you have an organisation in the USA who can sort this type of problem out and could get my money back.
Or any one got his phone number I would love a chat hi
On another note thanks for the support guys it is appreciated and this site is great.
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

You can call Bob's local police and tell them the details.Also at the internet crime site run by the federal government here http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx you can file a fraud complaint. 73
m0nrh

Post by m0nrh »

Thanks for that I have emailed him again giving him final notice 7 days to refund me or I will take things further.I don't expect a reply he obviously thinks he has got away with it.
I will file a complaint and have a chat with his Local police station, If I stop him doing this to any one else that's a start.
The whole thing leaves a bad taste really it shouldn't come too this, I mean its not as if he has huge amounts of outlay for materials or hours upon hours of intensive labour to make the antenna it was his so called expertise really I as paying for. A friend of mine got an antenna from one of his competitors and it was here in the UK in 8 days and that included the weekend. Trust me to back the wrong horse hi.
AA5JJ

Thanks for the INFO

Post by AA5JJ »

I was getting ready to make a buy form this Guy and I have been ripped off for over 1150.00 from another Ham and now I ALWAYS look for reviews on sellers so thanks for all the info on these post.

Wayne