new scam look out

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

new scam look out

Post by w8jn »

these guys are more sophisticated and can lure you in. they send you an email from this site. they understand ham radio. it usually starts out with a call sign that was added to the qrz base without much information. they have what you want and send you pictures of it. they give you a very good price and you are reluctant to send money overseas via western union. they say " in good faith, you send me half and when you receive the rig to your satisfaction you send the rest. sounds good? well think about it, instead of being out $7000 for an icom 7800, you only part with $3500 and never see your money again. is there any consolation in loosing $3500 instead of $7000??? i dont think so..... foreign offers??? they ship first, you receive, you inspect and then send money. they dont like the idea? tell them to take a hike.
happy safe hoss trading!!! 73 paul w8jn
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

i have also noticed people using other hams call sign to sell items. these people should be shot on the spot. but we would be violating there rights. :evil: :evil: :evil:
w8jn

agree

Post by w8jn »

danny great idea!
73 paul w8jn
ke4nu

Great ideal

Post by ke4nu »

W4PIG wrote:i have also noticed people using other hams call sign to sell items. these people should be shot on the spot. but we would be violating there rights. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Works for me!!!
KB3RPE

Re: Great ideal

Post by KB3RPE »

ke4nu wrote:
W4PIG wrote:i have also noticed people using other hams call sign to sell items. these people should be shot on the spot. but we would be violating there rights. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Works for me!!!

Me as well!!!! :twisted: ...I dunno' maybe some "people" shouldn't have "rights"!!!! :lol: