Yaesu Repair Center-The WORST Experience Ever...Bar None!!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KB4QLZ

Yaesu Repair Center-The WORST Experience Ever...Bar None!!!!

Post by KB4QLZ »

My control box for my Yaesu Rotor G-1000SDX failed. Called Vertex Standard (YAESU REPAIR CENTER) in CA on March 1st, 2004. Was told that a B Stock rotor control could be shipped to me for $65.00 plus shipping, or I could purchase a new one from them, I settled on the B Stock unit. Gave my CC info, and shipping info. Requested 2nd Day Air UPS so I could be back up and running for the contest this weekend. No problem, the order was placed. March 3rd, 2004 UPS drives right by my shop! Called Vertex Standard back. Was told that their was some "red tape" about the control box, but relax it'll go out, if not today by tomorrow. I explained the urgent need for this to go out today, and I’ll pay for Overnight Shipping, I have to have this. No problem I was told. March 4th, 2004. UPS shows up, but no control box. Called Vertex Standard back once again. Now I told that I can't purchase the control box, not even an A Stock (new) unit. But I'm told maybe they can resolve it by this afternoon. Told them I'd resolve it by buying one, someplace else, which I did. Bottom line, find another place for repair or parts. They’ll promise you everything, and deliver nothing. Which is EXACTLY what I got, NOTHING!

Mark – KB4QLZ
Hector2001

Yaesu repairs

Post by Hector2001 »

:evil: That is the main reason why I got rid of all my Yaesu radios 'cause I experienced same bad treatment few years ago in the same company who dealt real bad with me,now I am a happy satisfied Kenwood customer with very good experience of prompt service at the east center.
Hector
AD4C
God bless America
kg4yjr

Post by kg4yjr »

I have heard nothing good ever about Yaesu's factory repair centers. I have a VX-7R that works good but has some issues with charging the battery while plugging directly into the radio. No problem at all with the drop-in charger though and it operates perfectly. Rather than send it off, even under warranty, and not have to mess with the waiting period and the chance of them screwing something else up, which happens frequently I've heard, I will continue to just use the drop in charger.

Dave
Jammie

Post by Jammie »

Yaesu Repair, there is no such thing. Sent my 5400, the repair bill was more than a new rotor. They want to sell new, not fix old, something to think about next time you buy Ham gear.
kb9sne

repairs

Post by kb9sne »

so where do we send our yaesus to get repaired? anyone know of anyone that does repairs yaesus?? i have a ft-50 and a vx-5 to be repaired.
kb9vxq

Yaesu repair?? A joke!!

Post by kb9vxq »

I also have switched alliance from Yaesu to Kenwood because of their lousy service. I bought a new FT-847 and started having problems with it immediately. Called Yaesu service and described my problem and the rep. said send it in and they would "check it for specification". I didn't like the sound of that but what choice did I have. Sent it in and got it back 5 weeks later with a smart XXX response. Neither problem was repaired either. One problem was intermittent which I know is hard to find sometimes but it did it quite often and if they would have done exactly what I described on the paper it would have produced the problem. By their service description they didn't even check for the other problem even though I had it clearly written on the paper I sent in with the radio. It would be too long to describe here so I won't get into the problems. No plans on ever buying a Yaesu again. :evil:
AB8RU

Yeasu Repair center

Post by AB8RU »

I had a old memorizer sent in here is what I had

The tech could not fix it

He offered to take the radio for the repair bill, in other words buy my radio for repair price.

they messed up the repair bill and later sent a check to refund the error, which at least was not ripped off.

the woman who answered the phone was unable to compleately understand ENGLISH :roll:

I decided on a Kenwood as my next purchase figguring the management may caught on after complaints.

I did buy a Vertex V-150 from Com-Dac in St. Joseph, Mi. and the Icom V-8000 I do know someone fixes their radios when I talked to them.

I repaired my own HT once and talked to a tech at a Kenwood 2 way shop all it was was a diode, he knew since he is a ham also and gave me a diode.
Mark A. Holman AB8RU, CRO
Assoc. Member SBE
wr0t

Yaesu

Post by wr0t »

My experience has just been great with Yaesu parts. Today in fact, I odered a power transformer for a Yaesu rotor control box and it was only 32.00 and they are sending it 2nd day air at no charge...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
wr0t

Yaesu Parts

Post by wr0t »

Well, I have to eat crow. My 2nd day air shipped part has never showed up and I was told that they have not ever had that part in stock and it is not even avail from Japan. ??????

Strange, it was in the guys hand and now it is not...... Strange indeed. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
w4clm

Yaesu Services is Great ! We Love Yaesu

Post by w4clm »

We Love Yaesu. Have been dealing with the company for 30+ Years.
No problems, fast, efficient, polite and they build a quality product.
it's a great company that only sells radios, not like Kenwood the Boom Box Stereo store.

Do you Own a Yaesu FT-101 or Other Yaesu product ?
Then Consider joining us at Fox Tango International:
See Our Web Page at:
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/m/a/m ... ngo001.htm
Or
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FoxTango/

"I am writing to suggest that you join with me an other owners of the Yaesu FT-101 in an informal association which we might call the Fox-Tango Group. It would serve as a sort of benovelent, protective, mutual aid and perhaps social club, essentially for the prupose of interchanging information, ideas, experiences and problems"

These were the words of Milton Lowens (N4ML) when he started the Fox Tango Club in 1972, which was dedicated to the exchange of information about the Yaesu FT-101 amateur radio transceiver. The club published the FT Newsletter from 1972 until 1985. I was a member of the Fox Tango Group from 1977 to 1985. I still remember that I could hardly wait to receive each month's issue of the Fox Tango New letter jam packed with modifications and user suggestions for my beloved FT-101.

In an effort to keep the Fox Tango flame burning and continue the interchange of information to enhace the effectiveness of these old rigs. I invited you to join the Fox Tango Club at Yahoo goups.

Topics of discussion will cover the FT-101, FT-101B, FT-101E, through the FT-101F, FL-2100B including all Yaesu accesories. Yaesu Twins FR-101, FL-101, FT-620B, FT-220, FT-221, FT-101ZD, FL-2100Z, FT-901, FT-901DM, FT-102, FT-757Gx, GXII, FT-767, FT-7, FT-7B, FT-227R, CPU-2500R and other more recent models as well.

Welcome to the International Fox Tango Club at Yahoo Groups.
C.L. Maher
W4CLM

Organized 1971 By & For Owners of Yaesu Equipment (ML N4ML)
Terry

Yasue Service/Parts

Post by Terry »

Here are my facts. In the last three years I have sent them 2 pieces of current gear to be repaired. They kept them for months and were sent back with the same problems. I waited 6 months for an on off switch for my 847. You wait forever on your dime to speak to someone and either they speak poor English or they are rude. No more Yaesu gear for me. They make fine products but if you have a need for service you are in trouble.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

I find it somewhat strange reading all the complaints about the Yaesu center. I have had excellent results with them on the RARE times I have requried authorized service. There have been 3 times I wanted accessory parts (ie, ROM upgrade, bracket, etc) and each time the order was processed quickly over the phone and I received the item quickly. I never had any language barrier issues either. I had a problem with one radio and the tech was more than helpful. He said that there had been some issues with some of that version (now discontinued) and recommended a fix over the phone. It worked, cost me a phone call, and all were happy.

I have used Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu, Rockwell, ADI, and TenTec radios personally. Many here, others during contests at other stations. I have Icom VHF/UHF in the shack, Kenwood VHF/UHF in my car, Yaesu HF in the shack, and Yaesu VHF in the spousal unit's vehicle. Each serves me well and I have had good results with service from all when needed. It is nice to be able to drive to TenTec from here (2.5 hrs), but FedEx and UPS go to the other's places in a day or so. I buy what I want and use it. If it breaks, I get it fixed or fix it. It's just like driving a car!
WB4SLI

Yaesu disService Department

Post by WB4SLI »

I have a Yaesu FT-897D that has a Mean Time Between Failures of a few months. These guys don't even try to get at the root cause of the problem. They take your money, put a band-aid on it, and think that you should be happy that your rig may work for a few more months. These folks have never heard of the concept of a Bouncer or DOA in their repair operation. I have given up on Yaesu ever fixing what is really wrong with the radio and refuse to spend any more money on Yaesu gear or service. My advice is that when your Yaesu is no longer serviceable you should just toss it in the trash and seek another manufacturer's product. I kow what Yeasu is an acronym for - Yet Another Equipment Screw Up. If you are involved in Emergency Communications you may want to re-think use of their products.
ke5oah

yeasu service center

Post by ke5oah »

:evil: the service from yeasu is very bad! you may die from old age before you get your radio back from them!
W3RXO

Re: Yaesu repairs

Post by W3RXO »

Hector2001 wrote::evil: That is the main reason why I got rid of all my Yaesu radios 'cause I experienced same bad treatment few years ago in the same company who dealt real bad with me,now I am a happy satisfied Kenwood customer with very good experience of prompt service at the east center.
Hector
AD4C
I had a bad experience with them, some time ago. I had purchased a used FT100, but it was still a fairly recently offered rig (the FT857 had just come out, in the previous 6 months). Well, shortly after acquiring it, I began to experience the thermal run away problem. After reading up on the issue, I contacted Yaesu service, and asked what the cost to me, would be, to have it repaired. I did not expect any kind of warranty service, I simply wanted to pay to get the modification done, which typically resolved the issue.
Yaesu service's reply was "We no longer support that platform". HUH? I asked them why, since it was only a few years old, and up until a year prior, it was their "State of the Art" micro-mini, daylight to darkness, shack-in-the-box, rig. All the guy would say was "We no longer support that platform. I proceeded to sell my FT100, my FT857, my FT8800, FT8900, and FT60R, as quickly as I could. I refuse to buy Yaesu gear, any more, mostly because of this experience. They lost a loyal customer, with their lack of concern for my issue, and lost me for life. NO MORE YAESU RADIO WILL EVER BE IN MY SHACK!!!
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
W3RXO

Re: repairs

Post by W3RXO »

kb9sne wrote:so where do we send our yaesus to get repaired? anyone know of anyone that does repairs yaesus?? i have a ft-50 and a vx-5 to be repaired.
Best guy I know of, is John, N6AX. FAST, GOOD and honest as they get. He is THE MAN, as far as I am concerned, to have anything repaired, in the way of nearly modern to modern rigs. I haven't taken any of my boat anchors to him, but he is outstanding, when it comes to servicing your 1970's and up, rigs.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard