N9ZDA K0RPL Update

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
bvkirk

N9ZDA K0RPL Update

Post by bvkirk »

(As of March 21st, still no power cord from Justin)

Late this afternoon I received an email and phone call from Justin confirming my equipment has been shipped. He provided a tracking number as originally agreed upon. Update to follow.

Today, 03-05 the Kenwood was delivered. It was in good clean condition as described. The power cord was not included as promised however I expect it was left out by mistake and expect it will be mailed at a later date.

As of March 13, Justin has not responded to additional emails requesting the power cord for this rig. It appears he is not going to ship it.

As of March 16, Justin has not responded to an futher emails. I have not received the power cord for this rig.

N9ZDL / K0RPL
Justin Korpal
1210 N Danz Ave
Green Bay Wi. 54302

920-680-0416

jkorpal@baycominc.com

Justin agreed to trade a Kenwood 3530 (currently listed on QTH.com) for a Yaesu VR-500 receiver. We were to ship the equipment on Sat Feb 28 via priority mail with delivery confirmation and provide a tracking number to each other.

I mailed the Yaesu on the 28th. I emailed Justin the tracking number along with an attached photo of the receipt. It was delivered on March 1st.

As of today, March 4, I have not received the Kenwood from Justin. He has not responded to my emails with request for a tracking number or method of shipment other than he sent it on the 28th and I should expect it no later than March 3.

Regards,
Bill
W0PT
Last edited by bvkirk on Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
w3nrl

Thank You for the heads up

Post by w3nrl »

What happened when you called him on the phone???
Again thanks for the heads up!!!
w3nrl
Best of 73
de w3nrl
nick
K4ICL

Re: Thank You for the heads up

Post by K4ICL »

w3nrl wrote:What happened when you called him on the phone???
Again thanks for the heads up!!!
w3nrl
I did not see any mention of anyone calling the other on the phone, although it would be a good idea to do so.
Last edited by K4ICL on Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
kendoman

Re: N9ZDA K0RPL Update

Post by kendoman »

This does not surprise me, especially if he tells you that UPS left it on the back shelf or something similar.

Try his alternate number 920-471-8008 or call him at work: 920-468-5426 - Bay Com Inc.

[quote]N9ZDA / K0RPL
Justin Korpal
1210 N Danz Ave
Green Bay Wi. 54302

920-680-0416
jkorpal@baycominc.com

As of today, March 4, I have not received the Kenwood from Justin. He has not responded to my emails with request for a tracking number or method of shipment other than he sent it on the 28th and I should expect it no later than March 3[/quote].

And please keep us updated.
w7kid

Justin N9ZDA/K0RPL

Post by w7kid »

If you're going to do any trading with Justin you better make sure you get your stuff first. I gave him some cash and a radio in trade for a Dentron GLA1000B. He received my stuff within about 3 days, as I saw it posted for sale already on about the 3rd day, but hadn't even received a tracking number. Just because he gives you a phone number don't think that means squat. I had to tell him that I put a stop payment on the check, and that I wanted my stuff back. Then a few hours later I get a phone call with him giving me a tracking number. The story, "I'd shipped it RPS,but had given them the wrong zip code and received it back". So I finally get the amplifier, and it's not a GLA1000B, but a GLA1000 and there's also no manual, which I never received.

So, is he purposely trying to rip people off? I don't think so. I think he's just very irresponsible in carrying through on his promises. So, like I said, if you're going to deal with him, I'm sure he has what he's advertising, just make sure you get it first.

73, Ken
W7KID
kendoman

Post by kendoman »

W7KID,
Im glad that you were somewhat successful in your transaction with Justin. There were many people before you, and many that will come after that will not have the same result.

He is know for ignoring his cell phone, a/k/a screening his personal calls. I know many people feel uneasy about calling someone's place of work but sometimes it is necessary, and in this case it is. He can not ignore his calls at work like he does with his cell phone.

Furthermore, you said "So, is he purposely trying to rip people off? I don't think so". I will have to disagree with you on this point. If you back track to his eBay.com transactions and his screen name there, N9ZDA. There are several people on there who sent him money, and he then just ignored. He dosen't retun their e-mails or answer their calls. He simply just makes believe that they are not there. What recourse do they have to recover their money?? None. And we all know how willing eBay.com is help you recover your money.

Furthermore, you mentioned he blammed the slow shipment on RPS. This is his classic "I've been busted, here is my excuse." The reason they did not ship it is because he did not give it to them. He is banking on the fact that someone, who is thousands of miles away, is not willing, but mostly able, to go through the hassel involved in actually making him come through on his part of the deal. How many of you are willing to file a suit in Small Claims court over a $300 radio? Then just think if when that went to court, you would be required to appear and therefore have to absorb the cost of travel as well as legal expenses. Most people, as you can see via eBay, have no choice but to cut their losses and end it with nothing more than a Negitive Feedback. Again, no recourse is felt by Justin, so he just keeps doing it. He did it on eBay.com, and he is trying to do it here.

However, there are enties out there willing to proceded with legal action. And this is evident by the recent law suit filed against him in Wisconsin Court by First Federal Capitol Bank. Here is the link:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;jsess ... ction=DESC
http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

You can make your own decision on the charcter of Justin just like i did. I'm simply here to spread the word about him so that people can make a educated, and informed decision.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

The link to the Wisconsin Courts doesn't work (it contains a temporary session ID). It appears the only way to see the current and past actions against Justin is to go here:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseSearch.xsl

Then, search for him (Justin Korpal).

Of course, a pending Small Claims Court case does not mean he is actually guilty. This doesn't seem to be ham related, as the company that is bringing on this action is a BANK, right here in La Crosse, WI (where I live).

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com