W9BBB Wayne Strickland

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KJ4IGZ

W9BBB Wayne Strickland

Post by KJ4IGZ »

He sold me a VFO-520 .The rubber mount on the rear foot was missing . No big deal . Also sold me SB-600 w/power supply . The extension feet were removed for shipping and ended up lodged in the speaker . Damaging it . I tried to remove the power supply and one of the caps broke off while trying to remove at to get the feet out of the speaker .My fault i suppose ,but I never should have had to remove it , if feet werent left floating around in the speaker casing . He claims they were wrapped in bubble wrap . Apparently the feet escaped and crawled into the speaker cabinet lodging inside the speaker . He claimed it was the shippers fault . I dont blame the shipper for his poor choice of leaving loose feet in the speaker cabinet . He has the money so Im out of luck .
W9DMW-2

W9BBB

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Hello to all, I have dealt with Wayne many times, I have always found him to be a Honorable Person. Now I'm not taking sides here, But I would talk with him again, He IS a Very Reasonable Man to deal with. Just my 2 Cents.
Hope you both can work it out. TNX Don W9DMW :roll:
KJ4IGZ

doesnt sound like a reasonable ham to me

Post by KJ4IGZ »

(This was his last reply) He didnt respond to my last email

Hey,

For one thing these items were from an estate sale and I had no idea that a
lousey little cover on a feet was missing and you broke the cap off when
taking the ps out of ps. Feet were taken off for shipping purposes and were
wrapped in bubble pack. Don't know how they got into the spk cone?? Cost me
doubled what I quoted you so my lost so don't complain. You got for a darn
good price.