new scam ! lookout

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

new scam ! lookout

Post by w8jn »

Scott has done a terrific job of filtering out the nigerian scammers. A new scam has hit and the scammer knows ham radio. You will receive a reply to your wtb ad. He has the specific item you want and he is somewhere in Europe (typically london uk) he wants a small deposit sent western union and your personal guarantee that you will pay the rest upon arrival of the rig. Say byebye to your deposit! CAVEAT EMPTOR
73 Paul w8jn
w8jn

update

Post by w8jn »

this guy has a different name every day, and a new angle every day. look out for a seller that agrees to everything you ask for then wants your personal guarantee that you will western union him a deposit, then send him the balance after you receive the item.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Paul here is to show others about what you band G4OXD are talking about including my notice. Readers take note how he even uses the real G4OXD's real name on his e mail.By the way if you all CK G4OXD's on qrz you will notice he has a alternate call which is how i trapped the scammer....

... Flag this messageRe: PC9000Sunday, November 1, 2009 9:31 AMFrom: "candlambert Rose" <terryrose>Add sender to ContactsTo: "Larry Huff" <lhuffk0pd>Thanks for your email...Why would you say such a thing..I cannot do such a thing..I am a license operator and happily married man...I contacted you because i have it for sale...I feel so insulted and i am very sorry if i cause you any trouble contacting you thanks and wish you all the best

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Larry Huff <lhuffk0pd> wrote:

I was doing some back ground check on your call and would you care to give me your alternate call? As one can not be to careful with all the scams going on today......Larry

--- On Sun, 11/1/09, candlambert Rose <terryrose> wrote:

Subject: Re: PC9000
To: "Larry Huff" <lhuffk0pd>

Date: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 9:17 AM

My call sign is G4OXD thanks

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Larry Huff <lhuffk0pd> wrote:

By the way Terry what is your Call again as i deleted the original e mail that had it and your mailing address.....Larry

--- On Sun, 11/1/09, candlambert Rose <terryrose> wrote:

Date: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 8:54 AM

Thanks for your email..I have no problem with paypal thanks

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Larry Huff <lhuffk0pd> wrote:

Terry if i go with you on this i'll only pay with pay pal,but i have to go to work in a short and i'll think about it ........Larry

--- On Sat, 10/31/09, candlambert Rose <terryrose> wrote:

Date: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 11:53 AM

Thanks for your email..OK,Make it 350USD including shipping..I will
accept 350USD due to shipping..If you agree,Let me know then we talk
about payment arrangement thanks
Larry Huff K0pd
K4BOF

Post by K4BOF »

G4OXD

Re: new scam ! lookout

Post by G4OXD »

w8jn wrote:Scott has done a terrific job of filtering out the nigerian scammers. A new scam has hit and the scammer knows ham radio. You will receive a reply to your wtb ad. He has the specific item you want and he is somewhere in Europe (typically london uk) he wants a small deposit sent western union and your personal guarantee that you will pay the rest upon arrival of the rig. Say byebye to your deposit! CAVEAT EMPTOR
73 Paul w8jn
The scammer contacted me direct. I say he has some front as he replied to my advert about some gear on the 10th October in which I replied.1 month later 7th November he sent me a Email to buy the equipment.He should have asked is it still for sale.Then he went on to say he was not happy about the quality of the pictures strange this as they were hi quality nothing wrong with them.Then the dead give away he asked me for my second amatuer radio call sign.Bells ringing by this time.He said he could come & pick the gear up which cost only £150 from my home note not QTH.Which I thought was not very cost effective coming from Spain to the U.K. Then the Email name & address gave it away on the scammers Emails to the USA he used "CAMBLAMBERTROSE"
on the one to me he used "CAMBLAMBERT" case closed.I read the one from
from mr Huff this scammer has some bloddy cheek.So don't believe a word of it.He told me in his Email that he wanted the money for his daughter who is in a wheel chair.How low will this bloke stupe to to get money.Only except the Email address as on QRZ.com No other please.He is using a Western Union account in my name terry rose don't send any money.I think it must be christmas.

Terry Rose G4OXD The real one
Digital 1